[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the nobel awards such a boys only club?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

File: injustice.jpg (212KB, 842x829px) Image search: [Google]
injustice.jpg
212KB, 842x829px
Why are the nobel awards such a boys only club?
>>
Why don't feminists crack down on HRC talking about the importance of women's rights while taking money from Saudi and Qatari royals through he foundation?
>>
>>8410175
Tbqh the only reason is probability.

Out of all the contestants I bet like 90% were men and because all of their achievements are comparable in greatness, they all could have won. It is about who gets lucky with the paper that makes the commitee cum the hardest.

Women only had a 10% chance and didn't win. Better luck rolling the dice next year.

Btw I am not trolling. This is literally the only reason.
>>
>>8410175
Because only men do things that are relevant to stem
For every single competent woman in stem there are like 20 other equally competent men

Outside of the stem nobel prizes fuck if I know
Didn't they give last year's peace award to some Muslim teenage girl whos only accomplishment was getting her face scarred or something?
>>
>>8410175
Why does the public only care about the nobel prizes of piece and literature? There were barely any mentions when the nobel prizes in chemistry or physics was given. But these 2 are always all over the news.
>>
>>8410274
dude lol like what is a chemistry?

Oh wait, no. I forgot that chemistry is now mainstream because of breaks in bat or something like that.

dude lol like what is a physics?

yeeeh.
>>
>>8410220

You're thinking 2014 peace prize anon. But really the last two nobel prizes in medicine had women as joint winners along with a woman in peace prize.

So I don't know what the fuck op's pic is on about.
>>
>>8410175
Why does this whore care about the gender of the winner? It's not like she had any benefit from it.
>>
Reading this thread should remind you why humanities are important, why feminism is necessary, and how as a STEMfag you should no criticize social/humanities work.

If you are not retarded, of course. If you are like above posters, fuck you.
>>
>>8410312
she's shifting the blame for her poor life choice of majoring in gender studies to stem being a boy's club meme.
>>
>>8410175
> cure all diseases
> die in car accident
> not Nobel material

> invent lobotomy procedure
> winner
>>
>>8410175
>"And the Nobel Prize for having a vagina goes to, Ellie Shechet"
>>
File: 1463191479627.jpg (72KB, 630x706px) Image search: [Google]
1463191479627.jpg
72KB, 630x706px
>>8410211
But anon, they are supposed to hunt down random women of color and award them the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, "because". Don't you want to be inclusive?

You're sounding awfully racist and transphobic anon.
>>
>>8410175
>Why are the nobel awards such a boys only club?
Liberals... they only see people as representatives a group. Why are there no left handed winners this year?, why no winners missing a leg?, why no lesbian African winners?... etc.
>>
>>8410291
At least they give a prize for physics. Being able to tell the future must be hard.
>>
>>8410371
Those are good questions anon. So why aren't they awarding more POC? Ugh, racist much? Pfft, ugh.
>>
>>8410377
>Those are good questions anon. So why aren't they awarding more POC? Ugh, racist much? Pfft, ugh.

Because Nobel's are EARNED.
Funny how no liberals look at professional basketball and protest about the lack or Asians or Whites (in proportion to USA population).
>>
The Nobel Prize is a fucking joke and should not be taken seriously.
>>
>>8410175
They seriously need to ban women from non news journalism because they make stupid articles like this all the time all the time.
>>
>>8410175
>Why are the nobel awards such a boys only club?

Why are the nobel awards such a Jew's only club?
>>
>>8410405
Normally I'd write that off as /pol/ but you're actually completely right. Women don't do good journalism. The only thing worse are the male feminist cucks who do nothing but complain about Republicans being sexist racist homophobic bigot scum and more womyn power.
>>
>>8410415
>male feminist cucks

I cringe just from reading 'male feminist'.

Seriously, why do they exist? In the past when men were ugly/weak the settled for prostitutes and maybe ugly women. Why do they now politically, emotionally and economically sell out to literally ANY woman?

Do they at least get to fuck them? I think they don't because every time I see one of them on youtube they look like they've never seen a pussy in their life.

Why do they do that to themselves?
>>
>>8410175
>wah give me something because I'm a girl not because I did amazing shit
>>
>>8410412
Because nobel prices are notoriously racist and sexist
>>
>>8410291
>dude lol like what is a physics?

bazingo XD
>>
>>8410434
>bazingo XD

Like, Sheldon should get the nobel for the physics!

Bruh, he totally should lol

I heard the winner proved that there are like, 50 dimensions inside our dimension

wow
>>
>>8410175
i like how the article implies its the nobel panel's fault no women got a nobel prize
kek
i bet now theyre just going to start giving them out to women studies majors
>>
>>8410187
If you hope to be understood, you should probably refrain from abbreviating her name as HRC, a massive gay rights organization
>>
>>8410384
>earned
Like the musician who just won a Nobel for literature?
>>
>>8410412
>ashkenazi jews have been shown to have high IQs
>FUCKING conspiracy

>white European nations dominate in terms of nationality
>they're smarter, that's just science

whatever
>>
>>8410492
We are talkong about the real nobels, not the joke ones.
>>
>>8410540
How does shit not diffuse throughout the entire membrane?
>>
>>8410551
>2030
>famous science youtuber (insert name) wins Nobel prize of physics.
>>
File: Zorak.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Zorak.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>8410492
>lyrics don't count as poetry

I hate Bob Dylan though. Fuck him.
>>
>>8410572
Shit diffusion principal: buoyancy, fluidity, corn content... Wait until you see the on stage demo at my acceptance speech. Legendary
>>
The Nobel Prize is a corrupt circlejerk anyway.
>>
>>8410515

No-one hates Jews because they're smarter or even deny it. They hate Jews because they want to destroy the west.
>>
>>8410175
They should give the peace nobel to the leader of the BLM movement
>>
>>8410616
Don't you think the success of western civilization is a sign of superior intelligence?
>>
>>8410187
If you take money from your enemies, they win
>>
>>8410274
Because STEM discoveries are technically obscure to the general public. I bet you don't even understand what the current Nobel winners did to earn the prizes.
>>
>>8410616
>jews want to destroy the west
Epic meme, especially coming from /sci/. Jew's have, proportionally and totally contributed the most to science, mathematics, and general culture than any other cultural group.

Kind of weird that the people who blame the Jews are the ones who worship the people who started WW2, signaling the end of Western civilization's absolute superiority.

t. Married to a Jewess.
>>
>>8410572
Vsauce
>>
>>8410951
>success

Lol'd hard
>>
>>8411014
>People who were Jewish have done this and this and this and they did this and this and this

Okay, the few good Jews. Every rich banking family have been kikes, and all of them have denegrated the economies and sociteies they operate in.

Apologists go home.

P.S. worship the people who started WW2? Do you mean the HOLOCAUST? WW2 was a political conflict and has nothing to do with your dirty Jew wife. Im sure she loves milking it so that it seems like it was a crusade against the jews.
>>
>>8410412
this desu
6 articles on fivethirtyeight about how all nobel prize winners are white men
0 mention of judaism
>>
chick won fields a couple years ago. looked androgynous though.
>>
File: kode.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
kode.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
what do you expect when this retard is their introductory point of otherwise enthusiastic interested smart young women
>>
File: B8UTC8r.jpg (19KB, 351x250px) Image search: [Google]
B8UTC8r.jpg
19KB, 351x250px
>>8410999
>enemies
otherwise, [+]
>>
Spend 8-10 years in college to get PH.D. Then spend your entire life doing hard work for suck pay. Churning out papers, getting constantly peered review by people that want you to be wrong, sucking up to people for funding. All so one day you can get recognized by a small community.

or

4 years college
bang out crap like a thousand monkeys at a 1000 typewriters
quality doesn't matter, just clicks.

gee I wonder why there are so few women in science.
>>
>>8411023
How does that explain anything?
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 736x736px
>>8411039
>cd
>cd code
>cd
>>
Women are not as autistic as men.
>>
>>8410175
Because it doesn't say anything about women in Nobel's last will:
http://www.nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/will-full.html
>>
>>8410371
>Liberals... they only see people as representatives a group.
Oh, the irony!
>>
>>8410220
>Some girl born in 1994 who got shot
>And some guy who worked for like 20 years
I wish the Norwegian Boys Club would literally kill themselves.
They could at the least have tried to follow the fucking testament.
>>
I hate feminists so much.
So much.
>>
>>8410492
>Like the musician who just won a Nobel for literature?

YES... like him... poets ARE important.. they are seriously undervalued when compared to those who do "traditional" literature. The Sixties and Seventies are examples of where the lyricist and poets helped to define their eras.

Personally I think Paul McCartney would have been a better choice, but Bob Dylan is worthy.
>>
File: 1463101923737.jpg (59KB, 453x439px) Image search: [Google]
1463101923737.jpg
59KB, 453x439px
>>8410578
>>
>>8410220
At least she did something worthy of a peace prize with her activism and all. Remember when they gave it to themselves?
>>
>>8411824
But Paul McCartney's a terrible lyricist.
>>
File: 960x.jpg (57KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
960x.jpg
57KB, 960x606px
>>8411824
In not many years Varg will win the Nobel Prize for Literature. And Peace.
Screencap this post.
>>
>>8411886
killing Euronymous was definitely worth a peace prize
>>
1) Women who willingly choose careers outside of STEM complain that there aren't enough women in STEM
2) Rather than admit that they are part of the problem, these women say we need to force OTHER women into STEM fields. Just not themselves, because they think it's boring. But surely other women must like it.
3) The fact that there are more female liberal arts students isn't discrimination but STEM discrepancy is because it's higher paying and a higher quality career path.
4) Wells Fargo puts out this ad to try to convert liberal art students into STEM majors which could help lower the gender gap.
5) The liberal arts students are insulted that they're being persuaded to switch into STEM; thinking the ad wrongly implies STEM fields are better when they're both equally useful.

If STEM>arts then 3 is right and 5 is wrong. If STEM = arts then 3 is wrong and 5 is right. Liberals gotta choose.
>>
>>8411930
this is just how useless self-important brainlets make their way in the world, "my problems are other peoples' fault and I'm going to sit here and scream about it until someone brings me what I want on a silver platter"
these people should be drafted into the army as cannon fodder
>>
>>8410211
>nobel prize winners are decided based on random selection

You're truly retarded
>>
>>8412031
Nice reading comprehension.

Read all the people who were nominated for physics, for example?

How can you tell who is the best ouf them? None of them are, really. All of them did top tier work in their field that no one else could have done. How do you even measure who did best? Well, the answer is that you try your fucking best and then decide who is the winner, but you have to agree that it is arbitrary.

All of the nominees did great advancements and the nobel commitee barely conjectured on whose work will be the most consecuential and we know that 99% of the time they will be wrong because that is just how it works.

Similar things happen in the Oscars. All of the movies nominated are the best of the best, according to faggots at least. Then how do you measure which one is the best? They fucking vote on it. That's all and who wins is decided by who got the most people in the voters to like the movie.
>>
>>8411027
>Every rich banking family have been kikes, and all of them have denegrated the economies and sociteies they operate in.

But that's Christianity's fault. What did you expect Jews to do when you disallowed them from owning land, and forced them to bank for you???
>>
>>8410175
Because success is a boys club
>>
At what point did /sci/ become /pol/ 2.0? I don't remember things being like this 2 years ago.
>>
>>8410412
>south africa has more nobel prizes than japan and china
The more you know.
>>
>>8414078
You're free to leave brainlet.
>>
>>8412067

Just like democratic election, it doesn't mean the winner is the best
>>
>>8414078
Yeah, I don't remember SJWtards invading /sci/ to constantly call anything they don't like pol before.
>>
>>8410515

>Implying one of those aren't correct.

Hint: it's the latter.
>>
>>8414092
Israel was an allied of Apartheid South Africa
>>
>>8410175
Because men are currently doing more things worthy of winning a Nobel prize. If women did more Nobel worthy things then the chances of a woman winning a Nobel would increase.
>>
>>8411886
>>8411927
>Varg wins chemistry Nobel for his crispy-soft cornflake duality theory
>>
>>8410211
This is stupid. If there are 10% women candidate in each one of the, say, 10 awards, then the chance to have at least one female laureate [math]1-0.9^{10} = 0.65[/math]. This is hardly a 10% chance.
Actually, for women to have a 10% to get at least one prize would be if they made for .01% of the contestants.
>>
>>8410175
Probably because they choose the best candidate and don't discriminate based on gender
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.