[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people still have egos after learning about John von Neumann?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: NANI4.png (897KB, 918x724px) Image search: [Google]
NANI4.png
897KB, 918x724px
It literally boggles my mind
>>
>>8399265
He's dead though.
>>
>>8399267
What does that even mean? so what?
>>
For me it's enough that I'm better than people around me. Don't have to be the best in the world to have an ego.
>>
>>8399268
if he was so smart, why is he dead?

clearly I'm having the last laugh, he can suck my dick
>>
>>8399277
Literally what is the point though? To an extent you're pretty much just being blue-pilled to feel like you're worth anything in your own reality, this is no different in contrast to how "we" view "normies"

>>8399278
That is the stupidest thing I've ever read
>>
>>8399277
For me, the people around me have to be of the top percentage of society and only then is it enough that I'm better than the people around me.
>>
>>8399265
Having a bit of an ego is pretty beneficial for your health.

Also if you'll just change the game the results will be different.

I mean by what standards do you judge people?
>>
>>8399284
Brainlet detected.
>>
>>8399284
>To an extent you're pretty much just being blue-pilled to feel like you're worth anything in your own reality
No, I'm actually objectively worth something, as measured by comparing me to other people. If I'm better than a significant portion of the population, I have worth. All that matters is your peer group anyway.
>>
>>8399265
Why is there another Von Neumann thread? I'm sick and fucking tired of Von Neumann on thiz site, I'm not jealous of the one paper he published, I'm jealous of his enormous sized cock.
>>
The number of stupid individuals in this world is pretty fucking high, OP. God speed.
>>
>Neumann
Is that some sort of sjw faggot?

Jokes aside, a more appropriate question would be how does any Anon on 4chan have an ego after witnessing the degeneration of tripfags and their unparalleled egos?
>>
>>8399287

Chances are that you're not the best around you, though.

There were a few like you around when I was in grad school. They were very vocal about how they did on tests, results they were looking for in research, and any achievements they made: their desire to be 'better' was clear. I didn't have the heart to vocalize that I had actually done more in terms of both quality and quantity than they did; and I'm not even the best. With very high probability, you're not the best; the best is one of the guys you don't expect.
>>
>>8399265
Well, he was, perhaps, the smartest man in the world. So what? Why would that impede my own life? Why would I stop doing what I like because I can't be best?
>>
>>8399532

You shouldn't stop doing what you enjoy. You don't have to have an ego to have passion. You don't need to be the best in your field to have purpose.
>>
>>8399265
Hilbert > von Neumann
>>
He was a beta potato virgin
>>
File: operationcrossroadsbaker2.jpg (85KB, 721x576px) Image search: [Google]
operationcrossroadsbaker2.jpg
85KB, 721x576px
>>8399284
It is hypothesized that the cancer that killed Von Neumann was the result of him watching the Bikini nuclear tests. A number of other physicists associated with the bomb also died early.

But, let's be honest you just don't say no to watching an atmospheric nuclear test
>>
>>8399526
>I don't like people who are vocal about how well they've done, therefore they are {{{almost certainly}}} more stupid and I can feel good
what an inane contribution
>>
>>8399428
You black emperor
>>
>>8399532
You can learn from him.
>>
File: wtf2.jpg (21KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
wtf2.jpg
21KB, 300x316px
>This Neumann Meme
>>
>>8399265
Why do people overrate this memematician?
>>
>>8399972
Nobody does except for OP. It figures seems he's trying to compansate for Neumannlets embarrassing behaviour.
>>
Neumann's contribution were useless.

Set theory and something like that.
>>
>>8400019
It would easier to list the fields he didn't contribute to
>>
>>8399265
Is OP still spamming this meme person around?
>>
>>8400031

A litterally dindu nuffin in whole algebra or analysis or probability.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.