[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Biphasic/Polyphasic Sleeping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: sleep tight.jpg (35KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight.jpg
35KB, 600x582px
Is polyphasic sleep a meme?
I've been reading about the biphasic/polyphasic sleep method and I want to try it in order to be more productive (specifically the biphasic method, sleeping 4 and a half hour and then 1 and a half to sleep six hours in a 24 hours period) but the thing is that I'm busy at the moment and experimenting with something so important like the sleeping hours cannot be a good idea, so: Have you tried something like this already? What's your experience with kind of practice of sleeping? Some proved damage this kind of practice can do to your body? Any other idea of how a schedule with the biphasic method can be?
>>
basically its brutal for 2-4 weeks getting accustomed to it
and then you feel great
but in the middle of your class you have to take a nap on schedule so you dont feel like shit

do it and report back
>>
>>8399053
I'm kinda used to sleep 6 hours as a minimun amount of sleep in a day (in a row, of course).

Do you think it will be hard to get used to sleep the same amount but in the schedule I'm planning to use?
>>
>>8399052

Biphasic Sleep is better. polyphasic is practically impossible unless you are a NEET who has all of his time to himself. And it has to be done carefully. I usually sleep about 6-7 hours a day from 2-8 am. Thats all i need and the rest of the time is spent doing work
>>
I tried a triphasic variant a few years back (two 1/2 h naps and 4 h sleep at night I think?) It really works, you just need to be very strict with the sleeping schedule and the brain adapts after a week or so, eventually putting you in the much needed REM-sleep as soon as you take your nap. Saves a lot of time in theory but hard to pull off as other stuff will often get in the way (if you have a life).
>>
>>8399063
It's not about the amount of sleep, it's the quality. The idea is that you can save time by spreading your sleep out throughout the day, forcing your brain to go into quality sleep instead of wasting time with long cycles inbetween deep sleep and REM-sleep.
>>
>>8399063
I had no idea this was a thing, but that's the way my sleep schedule has shifted ever since i started college two years ago. I would sleep 3-4 hours from 4-5am til 8am and then taking a 1-2 hour nap after coming back from school. The only problem ive had is that im usually tired at my job, which i go to during the weekends. Everything else feels the same to me.
>>
yes

sleep tight hammers
>>
>>8399052
sleep tight hammers
>>
sleep tight hammers
>>
Also, how truth is that scientifics like Tesla as an example slept like 2 or 3 hours a day?

That kinda sounds fake, even the source where I found that information said that Tesla suffered of mental colapse at a very young age for his sleeping schedule. The thing is that I couldn't find a better source of the sleeping schedule of succesful people like that one, what makes me think is fake.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.