[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to use coffee right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Algernon_Blackwood.jpg.jpg (31KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
Algernon_Blackwood.jpg.jpg
31KB, 220x305px
I feel like I can solve P Versus NP if I just drink a lot of coffee and think about the problem for a straight 12 hours every day sipping coffee without writing anything down. But I get nervous every time I drink it. Is it feasible that if I just do as I just described all the related physics of the action of drinking coffee and thinking about the problem will help me solve the problem faster? Also after a few days of thinking about these unsolved problems in Mathematics and some of the Putnam exam problems I could literally hear my subconscious say "Nothing but the problems matter" over and over and could literally feel my brain become more efficient in nearly every aspect of my life such that only Mathematics and the sciences was important. Post advice related to this kind of thought and similar methods of working through problems that require massively hard and rigorous thought.
>>
>>8398500

P vs. NP doesn't really require that much rigorous thought to understand or even attempt to solve. I guarantee you, however, that taking stimulants alone will not be enough to solve the problem. Plenty of computer scientists and mathematicians use caffeine and other stimulants to increase productivity.

There are two ways to solve the problem:

1) Constructive proof for P vs. NP: come up with a clever trick that admits a polynomial-time algorithm for an NP-complete problem.

2) Non-constructive proof that P = NP or P != NP: learn all there is to know about the field of computational complexity. Then, find a clever trick that allows you to conclude that there exists a problem in NP but not in P.
>>
>>8398500
What a plebeian tactic.
Try LSD. Start with microdosing.
>>
>>8398559
I have some intuitions similar to this. I feel like I'm definitely going to solve it soon. I'm going to make a YouTube video of a presentation of my solution. Kinda cool but kinda nervous. I'm going to buy a cool expensive suit for my video demonstration. Gotta look fancy if I'm going to be on-line.
>>
>>8398586

Wait until you have more than intuition and a YouTube video before you go buy an expensive suit.

Once and if you think you have something, and if you believe you've given a concrete, concise proof, then make a write-up of your solution and post it online, along with whatever video you would like.

Also, the advice I gave previously wasn't intuition: these are essentially your only options if you were to solve the problem.
>>
>yfw P != NP and there is no proof
>>
>>8398908

Why do you think P!=NP? A lot of people in the 1980s were convinced that NL != coNL, but they were shortly rekt by a relatively simple proof.
>>
>>8398500
Do you just keep going off your meds every month or are you not on any at all
>>
>>8398933
Because of NP-complete problems like the travelling salesman problem

I don't think there is a solution in P nor will there ever be
>>
>>8398567
Red Bull, a bit more adderall than you should take, two or three shots of vodka, and a microdose of LSD is the best drug combination for an extreme math/philosophy session.
(I've actually never tried this but it sounds like it would be a lot of fun even if it's not productive)
>>
>>8399421
Dumbfag here
Started addy maybe 2 weeks ago, would recommend. Wouldn't recommend alcohol with it though. Red Bull is shit t᠎bh especially for the price. Coffee will do the same thing and it's complimentary in many places, but if you're dying for energy drinks go with monster or something
>>
>>8398941

There are complete problems in every complexity class. They used to similarly believe that NL != coNL because of the nature of NL-complete problems.
>>
>>8399421
>Red Bull, a bit more adderall than you should take, two or three shots of vodka, and a microdose of LSD
I think this would induce a panic attack in lots of people.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.