[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is homosexuality genetic or not in the end?? Beyond political

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

Is homosexuality genetic or not in the end?? Beyond political interests, what's the answer of science? Do we need to treat that as a condition or with tolerance because it's natural?
What's your scientific point of view and your sources? Thank you.
>>
>>8398000
We don't know.
>>
>>8398019
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>8398031
I don't know
>>
False dilemma. What if it's developmental, like FASD? What if it's epigentic? What if it's a choice for 10% of people who identify as gay but genetic or developmental for the other 90%? Stop looking for excuses to put people into boxes.
>>
>>8398046
Yeah it's easy to say there can be no answer. Are there poeple actually interested in science on this board?
>>
>>8398053
Saying there is more than two alternatives is NOT the same thing as saying there is no answer. Go look up "false dilemma".
>>
It's either a choice or a genetic abnormality. If we assume evolution is true, and the primary goal of any species is to ensure the passing on of genetic code and survival or the species, then homosexuality is either a conscious refusal of standard sexuality or a genetic mutation/abnormality that is not passed down, but occurs because something has gone wrong in the coding of one's DNA.
>>
>>8398431
Are fetishes genetic, or a choice?

The wise man says "Neither, are you high?"
>>
>>8398000
Not genetic, probably epigenic or a developmental mutation.

I doubt it is genetic beyond everyone having genes that tell them to fuck other humans. It would mean that fags would have their fuck men behavioral phenotype.
>>
I can't wait until genetic tailoring is a thing and everyone says 'I don't want my kid to be gay'

Fuck you all gaylords. Fuck you all. Your time on this Earth is passing.
>>
File: BoatRide3.jpg (20KB, 443x382px) Image search: [Google]
BoatRide3.jpg
20KB, 443x382px
>>8398431

Siganus doliatus - a fish we thought had some kind of 'beautiful' male-female pair bonding relationship actually turns out to be pairing up with males in many cases

Tursiops truncatus - a super intelligent dolphin which likes to practice homosexuality, possibly as a social bonding, possible just for pleasure, possibly just being a huge cocksucker in general

and of course, Brodie, my dog - a massive fucking lezzo who likes fucking her sister whenever possible, but also likes to hump male dogs should she catch them in a compromising position

>duhhhh lets make observations about humans and then apply them to evolutionary history
you're doing it backwards, dickhead
>>
>>8398431
>Either a choice or genetic abnormality
Huh? It could be a myriad of factors. One example is i knew a girl who was lesbian and she was raped by 3 of her brothers from age 6 to 11. Its safe to assume that the trauma she endured from men caused her to be repulsed by them sexually.
You cant say its just those two options
>>
File: tumblr_nhu25a62Cb1texjfqo1_500.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhu25a62Cb1texjfqo1_500.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>8399607

someone hooked up with a trap on a family holiday in Thailand
>>
>>8399607
Holy shit man you have some deep psychological problems. What makes you hate gay people so much? Ive never understood why people give a shit about who someone else is fucking. And no im not gay.
>>
>>8399623
Nah. His pastor took a "special interest" in him
>>
>>8399607
>everyone
No, just you and the other crazies.
This is some really sad stuff, thankfully this sentiment is less common in the STEM community than in the general population, because it's completely irrational. Brainlet confirmed.
>>
>>8398000
this paper is good start in looking for a nuanced view between genetic essentialism and naive environmentalism

http://healthpsy.home.ro/files/SCU/3%20laws%20of%20behavioral%20genetics.pdf

homosexuality gets a brief mention
>>
>>8401442
wait, no, homosexuality gets a mention in

http://people.virginia.edu/~ent3c/papers2/Articles%20for%20Online%20CV/Turkheimer_darnimrod%20comm%20(2011).pdf

but both papers are worth a look
>>
>>8397151
Check this thread
>>
>>8398000
Examine twin studies on the topic. One study shows that monozygotic male twins are both gay 14% of the time when at least one twin is gay. And for females it's 11%. I think this is a weak relationship between genes and homosexuality. Other abnormal disorders are much higher. I'm posting on mobile so I don't have the link; I'll post later if interested.

Also, look to see how often people "grow out" of gayness. I'm sure that there are plenty of straight 30 year olds who were "definitely gay" at 18.

I believe you can fetishize objects/body parts and male homosexuality could simply be a penis fetish. Genetic arguments open the door for all the other sexual deviants. Is zoophilia genetic? Pedophilia? I suggest examining these issues. I don't know if people want homosexuality to be genetic if it means pedophiles are just as natural as them.
>>
>>8401819
Agree a hundred percent.
Homosexuality is just a penis fetish.
>>
In my opinion, homosexually is nature's answer to juvenile men who have limited mating options and could not keep a family. Also imo modern lifestyle is toxic for young men as is effectively keeps them locked in schooling for decades, so they don't challenge the status quo of established, powerful men.
>>
>>8399600
>The wise man says
Hate this.
>>
Few things are purely genetics. It's far, far more likely that genes can give a person a predilection towards a certain sexuality, but just as important is the environment they're exposed. Both nature AND nurture, as it were
>>
>>8398000
>Do we need to treat that as a condition or with tolerance because it's natural?
Why *or? Also, this is an ethical question, mate, not scientific. And one of the options you're giving is an implied appeal to nature.
>>
>>8398000
Are you fucking retarded?
Genetics strive to continue a population.
Faggotry is the immediate death of the genetic code.

It is entirely environmental causation. It is natural to find beauty and sexuality in the same sex as comparing to yourself but to want to have a relationship and sexual intercourse is entirely unnatural and caused by external factors. While wanting to animalistically have sex with with the opposite sex and impregnate/be impregnated is purely natural which seeps into societal values. Tell me about any other animal that has fag sex. Then I'll tell you an animal that is going extinct.
>>
>>8402142
>Faggotry is the immediate death of the genetic code.
no
>Tell me about any other animal that has fag sex. Then I'll tell you an animal that is going extinct.
are you actually retarded
>>
>>8398000
yes and no, homosexuality is hormonal which has genetic and environmental influnces.
>>
>>8398000
>Is homosexuality genetic or not in the end??
>genetic
>not in the end
Well, if those are the options, it must be genetic.
>>
Gay here

Genetic Factors: I do have family history of homosexuality, some cousins and what not across both sides of my family.

Environmental Factors: I grew up with just my mom and older sister for a good portion of my childhood too

Which effect of the two was the overwhelming influence? Doesn't even matter to me anymore, won't change my reality
>>
>>8402247
Dude, homosexuality definitely gets in many ends
>>
homosexuality is natural. it has been recorded in over 500 different species other than humans (or some signs of it) so it is not unnatural.
>>
>>8402552
If it is natural then why isn't there any natural way for sexual intercourse with the opposite gender? The vagina naturally cleanse itself (the discharge), the anus does not. Naturally, you will get an STD going in raw inside of a man's butt. If it was natural, why would it give us a disease?
>>
>>8402596
The anus cleanses itself by shitting.
>>
>>8402552
Cancer is also natural and has been recorded in nearly all species.
>>
>>8399625
They are honestly just disgusting. I mean seriously, wanting to put your dick in another mans ass is a sign of deep psychological problems. Every time I see homosexuals in public I feel nauseous
>>
>>8402621
>Every time I see homosexuals in public I feel nauseous
I think you might be the one with the deep psychological problems...

>>8402596
Is being a virgin unnatural?
>>
>>8402626
I don't think so, the majority of cultures in the world throughout history seem to share this feeling. Having a reaction of disgust to homosexuality is actually a logical response since it spreads disease, and reduces your chance of reproducing. It seems like a decent hypothesis that the reaction is programmed by evolution.
>>
>>8402651
well as >>8402552
said homosexuality has some evolutionary advantage so feeling disgust toward it might not be the logical response
>>
>>8402596
>>8402651
>These/this anon that really thinks there are more diseases spread anally than vaginally
By the laws of evolutionary pathology, because more people practice hetero-sex involving the vagina, there are more diseases adapted to spread through this route.
>>
>>8402683
Animals will perform homosexual acts to assert dominance. Obviously there is no evolutionary advantage to people who only have sex with their own gender, because they will never reproduce. If it isn't a logical response how do you explain a huge number of cultures disliking homosexuality
>>
>>8402684

>t. someone who failed biology
>>
>>8402692
so why does homosexuality exist in animals, oh biology god.
>>
>>8398019
>>8398031
>>8398042

I'd make this into a banner if the contest were still open.
>>
>>8402691
mob mentality and fear of anything that is different
>>
>>8402684
Homosexuals are rife with STD's you stupid fuck. It's not just STD's either, it does damage to your anus
>>
>>8402696

Literally only for pleasure/boredom. It has no biological function nor purpose.
>>
>>8398000
Nobody knows. The whole "born with it" thing was just propaganda to shut up annoying right wingers who tried to tell people what to do and what to fuck.

It appears to be natural though, it has been observed in many animal species, not just animals.
>>
>>8402727
not just humans*
>>
>>8398000
perhaps there are rare cases but mostly homosexuality is a mental condition.
but i think forcing people into "treatment" (if they can even be treated) or treating them badly for it shouldn't be done.
>>
>>8398431
Why would it be a conscious choice if it's not genetic. The environment you're raised in plays a huge role in sexuality.
>>
>>8399625
Gaylord confirmed
>>
>>8402727
Yeah rape and necrophilia are "natural" too
>>
>>8398000
>Is homosexuality genetic or not

IT's not genetic, it is caused by hormone imbalances due to environmental estrogens screwing up epigenetic expression while in the womb.
>>
>>8402713
This guy here only has sex to procreate. Or perhaps doesn't have sex at all.
>>
>>8399625
hi faggot
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.