[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What IS base reality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1469304145594.jpg (149KB, 553x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469304145594.jpg
149KB, 553x720px
Can someone help explain what base reality might be and its possible origins?
>>
>>8396605
I mean, I guess in the context you heard it, "base reality" means a reality which is not a simulation of something else. For instance, and I hate to keep going back to these movies, in the Matrix, the world ruled by machines it the "base reality" and the Matrix is a simulation of it with different parameters (namely it's not run by robots).

What do you mean by possible origins? Like where does the term "base reality" come from? It's literally just the combination of the words "base" and "reality," where base means something like "root" or "main" or "supporting structure". And reality means whatever you'd like it to.

If you mean, "assuming this world is not base reality, where did the actual base reality come from?" then there is no possible way to answer this question scientifically, as we have no way currently of collecting data from the "base reality" that we know of.
>>
>>8396619
Yes I am implying that we can accurately determine, sometime in the future (soon) that we exist in a simulation.
What does that imply about the characteristics of so called base reality? What could it possible be
>>
>>8396605
it's icosahedra
>>
>>8396626
Well, I mean you're kind of already limiting what it could be by calling it a "simulation," right? A simulation implies that it's made by something, some kind of sentient being, and that the simulation is a reflection of whatever it's simulating. So it could be something as trivial as the exact universe as ours fast forwarded a few billion years with a society capable of making such a simulation.

I think you're going to be a little disappointed by this conversation haha.
>>
>>8396629
A shape?
>>
>>8396649
What are we now? Just a sphere?
>>
File: Rule110Big.jpg (39KB, 265x266px) Image search: [Google]
Rule110Big.jpg
39KB, 265x266px
>pic related

This might be as close as you can get to understanding
>>
>>8396664
I actually have this book. Haven't read it though.
>>
As i get it, base reality is a single thought, which determines existence as such.

Not really like "and then there was earthe and thou did see earthe was dank."
But rather something like "big thingys attract small thingys in circular motion"
>>
>>8396881
What is the mechanism that thinks?
>>
>>8396881
this anon gets it
>>
It's... alive!
It's ALIVE!!
>>
>>8396881

I think the closest thing we have to understanding what lied belong all this is pi, and additionally, sine and tangent waves.

There are plenty of irrational numbers out there, but pi Is the only one which I think we will never be able to attain the true value of.
>>
>>8396955
It is the thought itself which creates all existing systems.
If the word "thought" perplexes you, think of it as a "process".
I am however pretty sure that at the base of reality lies something which is mindboggingly trivial.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.