[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on food /sci/ So we all know we should follow that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: when_u_drink_water.jpg (43KB, 960x877px) Image search: [Google]
when_u_drink_water.jpg
43KB, 960x877px
Redpill me on food /sci/

So we all know we should follow that oh so famous food pyramid, but what about the ingredients?

My questions:

-Xenoestrogens: are they really that harmful?

-Clean drinking water: only through expensive personal filters?

-G.M.O & co. : How harmful, how much is too much?

- Sources general : Do you buy from supermarkets, organic stores or from your local farmer?
>>
xenoestrogens are not harmful unless youre a developing fetus that receives abnormally high exposure

municipal water sources in the united states are potable excepting infrastructure failures

gmos arent innately harmful and nobody produces dangerous gmos; worry more about antibiotics in meat

i shop at both a large supermarket chain and a local food cooperative
>>
>>8395830
>So we all know we should follow that oh so famous food pyramid
>>
>>8395837
Yeah i'm about to switch to butchers meat and lowered meat consumption in general.
I try to know my sources, was'nt too sure though where it would be important to do so.

Thanks for your post anon.
>>
>>8395955
Feeling like an autist now, what are you implying?
>>
>>8395962
Proportions of the food pyramid are all wrong and it's shit's all retarded
>>
File: back-to-pol.jpg (35KB, 490x290px) Image search: [Google]
back-to-pol.jpg
35KB, 490x290px
>>8395830
>Redpill me
← /pol/esmoker
>>
>>8395830
>food pyramid
literally a propaganda creation of the agricultural jew
>>
File: 6547.png (26KB, 197x175px) Image search: [Google]
6547.png
26KB, 197x175px
The food pyramid hasn't been used or recommended in years...

pic related replaced it.
>>
>>8395830
>food pyramid

complete and utter bullshit lobbied for by the food industry as to what is on it
>>
>>8396056
>dairy

kek still sucking big dairy's cock I see
>>
File: 1472760079481.jpg (32KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1472760079481.jpg
32KB, 247x247px
>>8396027
It was cringy enough to catch your attention.
Thats all i wanted.
>>
>>8395967
Seems you are right, just looked into it.
Any suggestions on how to fix it?
My attempt:

(Top: smallest amount
Bottom: highest amount)

>Meat; dairy products (!every 3rd day or so!)>>saturated fat 4%
>Sweets 6%
>Oils;Nuts 15%
>Vegetables 35%
>Grains (aware of diversity in sorts) 40%
>Water 100%
>>
>>8395830
gmos themselves aren't necessarily dangerous. the bigger problem is that the gmo foods were made that way to survive extremely dangerous chemicals that were sprayed on them. so gmos are indirectly REALLY bad
>>
>>8396235
I've always about the chemicals being sprayed on food...
Its not like we could just wash the food properly to get it off right?
The chemicals get into the food itself because the plant is soaking up water in which the poison is contained, or am i wrong?
>>
>>8396235
>the gmo foods were made that way to survive extremely dangerous chemicals that were sprayed on them

Glyphosate works by inhibiting the shikimic acid pathway for aromatic amino acid biosynthesis. Mammals do not have this pathway, and glyphosate has no observable effect on cholinesterases. The median lethal dose is higher than that of table salt http://pmep.cce.cornell.edu/profiles/extoxnet/dienochlor-glyphosate/glyphosate-ext.html
Its enviornmental fate has been extensively studied. It readily binds to soil and decomposes, although heavy storm runoff is a concern

Bt corn instead (partially) replaces the need for pesticides through expressing a protein toxic to insects and safe for anything with an acidic digestive tract (this protein is isolated and sprayed on crops in organic farming)

>>8396260
Pesticides on crops, when used as directed, do not present a health risk. Exposure levels are usually well below known safe thresholds. For example, eating a pile of cow shit may make you sick, but eating crops fertilized with it (as is common in organic farming) should not.
If safety wasn't a primary concern, we'd be using sarin, lmfao

Farming without any pesticides at all is just an open buffet for insects. It's a matter of developing safe, effective ones.
>>
>>8396235
They aren't extremely dangerous to us though. Why do people pretend their feelings are facts?
>>
>>8396098
>angry lactose intolerant plebs
>>
>>8395830
>redpill me
>>>/trash/
>>
keto all the way. fuck anything in a flashy box or bag.
>>
sugar, flour, and soybean oil is shit, and it makes up most packaged food
>>
>>8396196
attention whore
>>
>>8397042
Catching attention for the sake of discussion is hardly attention whoring.
Catching attention for the sake of attention would be.
>>
organic food is the way to go. No controversies at all
>>
>>8396279
Some mammals gut flora have that pathway though
>>
>>8396218
More veggies than grains, definitely. We really don't need that much energy (excepting athletes).

>65% veg
>25% grains
>5% meat
>5% dairy
But use things like coconut oil in cooking to get a nice carb/fat/protein ratio
>>
>>8396027
Heil Hitler to be honest desu
>>
>>8395830
Is there a hidden meme to that "when u drink water" image ?
>>
>>8397105
>Catching attention for the sake of attention
>would be
.. and is. Get out.
>>
>>8397251
Not that i would know, yet i was able to use the pic in several instances.
>>
your first mistake was assuming that anyone actually knew the answers to your questions

your second mistake was asking /sci/
>>
>>8397500
Shpuld i ask /ck/ or /fit/?
I dont really believe they wouldve given any better answers...
>>
>>8395830
Eat real food only. This includes red meat, eggs, and white potatoes. This does not include refined carbohydrates and garbage oils.

Eat fucktonnes of vegetables, this is important
>>
>>8397251
Nah it's just a deconstruction of the "when u X" variety of memes.
>>
>>8395837
>municipal water sources in the united states are potable excepting infrastructure failures
But why do they put industrial waste products in it for no apparent reason?
>>
>>8397157
Organic is bullshit though. As a biochemist I hate the term "organic" food. Plastic is organic. Gasoline is organic. Drink up

By the way, "organic" according to the FDA doesn't mean pesticide free. copper sulfate is considered an "organic" pesticide, which is ironic becuase
1. It's not an organic molecule in the slightest
2. It's toxic to damn near everything

Organic is bullshit. Besides, as for herbicides, as >>8396279 mentioned, glyphosphate is nonlethal to humans and as for pesticides, organophosphates are indeed potent neurotoxins to most animals including humans, HOWEVER it decays rapidly and by the time the food arrives at the supermarket, it's long gone
>>
>>8396218
50% vegetables
40% white meat
6% Nuts and Seeds
3% Fruit
1% Dairy (Optional)

3 L of water per day, 1 L of which is consumed after you first wake up.

This is the perfect diet.
>>
>>8397847
>/sci/ is this fucking stupid
Learn your mineralogy
>>
>>8397950
That sure is a lot of chickun you are eating there...
I dont exactly see how early humans would have evolved to be so dependent on white meat
>>
>>8397950
>3 L of water per day, 1 L of which is consumed after you first wake up.
This seems like an awful lot of water, drinking 1L at once sounds pretty unhealthy too.
>>
>>8397823
>your first mistake was assuming that ANYONE actually knew the answers
>>
>>8397991
Maybe it's a bit much, but you should drink a lot of water when you wake up because it'll cause you to have to shit, and then drink a good amount at midday and then at night.
>>
>>8397838
so it's a meme about a meme
>>
>>8397973
Humans have eaten a lot of fish in their evolution. (I include that as white meat)
>>
>>8397866
First, you're not a biochemist, but when and if you finish uni you might be, but considering your reasoning, the only thing you're cut out for is being a junk scientist.

>copper sulfate organic
You mean under the eCFR regs §205.601 "Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic crop production."

You really blew the doors off the hypocrisy!

> organophosphates
> long gone

Bullshit. They're still residual and even a modest exposure is detrimental.

If you do "earn" your stripes as a scientist one day, you'll whore yourself out for research dollars and when you don't get the result they expect, the good little cuck sciency you'll be, you'll change your result to please your cock lords. They'll jam their meat down your already raw and red pathetic throat, so you can continue your inconsequential research which will have no greater impact than toilet paper after the flush.
>>
>>8395830
I don't believe there's a standardized diet to accommodate the metabolic rates of everyone. That said, the main contributor to epidemic obesity would be more so the lack of activity than what's in the food.
>>
>>8397866
Rotenone is generally being phased out now, I believe, but remains an approved usda organic pesticide and is severely toxic to aquatic life.

>>8398187
>§205.601 "Synthetic substances allowed for use in organic crop production."
What is your point?
Copper sulfate is a pesticide, and it's use is allowed in organic farming. Clearly, "organic doesn't mean pesticide free" is an accurate statement.
Nor does it necessarily mean "safer," as above
>>organophosphates
>>long gone
>They're still residual and even a modest exposure is detrimental.
We can discuss the decomposition dynamics of various compounds, but I've already pointed out that glyphosate has no effect on cholinesterases so it's an "organophosphate" in a purely structural sense (just as ephedrine is an amphetamine) and the point is moot.
I agree though, you usually don't want to use organophosphates for *pest control.* Pyrethrins are often a safer option. What is practical depends on your specific geography and application, though.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/12/07/myth-busting-on-pesticides-despite-demonization-organic-farmers-widely-use-them/
>>
File: 1468601469356s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1468601469356s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>8397833

What's the most patrician oil for cooking?

>>8397866
American "Regulation"
>>
>>8398572
Olive, Avocado if rich
Animal fats are absolutely fine in moderation, especially grass fed
Canola oil is acceptable

Just avoid corn and sunflower oil like the plague
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.