[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lung cancer??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Hi /sci/.
I need the advice of doctors here.
I had an xray on my chest because lately I have been tired a lot and they found a micronodule(that's how they called it) that has around 2.5 centimeters (~1 inch).
I'll have some more check-ups done but until then I need to ask you for an opinion.
More details:
- I'm a 19 years old male.
- I sometimes smoke ( One or less cigarettes a day)
- There is only one nodule on my left lung.
- No familly history of lung problems. Grandmother did have skin cancer.
What are the risks of this nodule being cancerous?
>>
99%
>>
>>8395277
Yeah thanks for the real "help"...
>>
doctor here

you have cancer
>>
>>8395298
Your welcome.
>>
>>8395270
Why didn't you ask your doctor instead of asking random people on the internet?
>>
>>8395326
I think he lives in murica, so every question costs 20.000$
>>
>>8395326
My doctor said that further analysis is required.
I've only done an xray. Tomorrow I'll go for blood tests and MRI. I'll get the blood and mri results next monday (10 oct).
That's why I'm asking you for now. I just want to know what should I expect.
>>
>>8395330
see
>>8395277
>>8395309
>>
>>8395330
I dunno but hope its nothing serious anon. Get well
>>
Its tuberculosis.
>>
>>8395350
So you think these guys ( >>8395309 >>8395277 ) are trolling?
>>
>>8395411
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>8395411
Hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.
>>
Chances are people have these kinds of nodules and it's non-cancerous a lot more often than you think. But since it wasn't going to kill them they just forget all about it after a while so you never hear about those cases, though you naturally hear a lot of the cases in which it was cancer.
>>
>>8395270
med student here, it could be some granulatomous infection that calcified or something benign. You can't be too sure unless you do more tests like bronchiolar lavage, blood work, biopsy, etc. Since you are so young I doubt it would squamous or small cell carcinoma.
Have you ever had a PPD test done before?
>>
>>8395433
In the past i've only done blood tests
>>
>>8395436
Oh ok, only reason I ask is that it could be a old marker of previous TB infection. Do you travel? do you live near the Mississippi river, or the West Coast? (if you are in Europe I can't help you as much I don't know local infections there)
>>
>>8395438
I live in Romania, Bucharest.
People with TB don't really have the common sense to stay at home and treat themselves.

I got the Xray because I was starting to get tired easily, and going out and running wasn't really working anymore since my heart rate is way higher now, including the resting heart rate. The blood tension is ok though and the heart sounds normal so the doctor figured I should xray the lungs, and here I am now.
>>
>>8395447
Ai cancer.
>>
>>8395330
Good luck but if your doctor couldn't say any more, probably /sci/ can't either
>>
>>8395330
You should expect retarded answers and cringy advice.
What else could you have expected?
>>
>>8395270
50%. It either is cancerous or it isn't.
>>
File: 10 7 16 10 53 AM Office Lens.jpg (165KB, 1457x1076px) Image search: [Google]
10 7 16 10 53 AM Office Lens.jpg
165KB, 1457x1076px
OP here - I got an update from the doctor.
It was a mistake. That 25mm nodule...
It's a 5mm nodule. It's intercostal, on the left lung and I now have the Xray.
I attached part of the xray.
>>
Forgot to say that my doctor said that it's most probably one nodule caused by TB and cancer risk is quite small.
>>
>>8397190
I find it hard to believe they can see anything but broken bones on xrays.
>>
>>8397190
There's nothing wrong with your x-ray
>>
>>8397264
If OP swallowed a coin it would show up
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.