[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think your degree makes you superior to others?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: verysmug.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
verysmug.png
260KB, 563x542px
Do you think your degree makes you superior to others?
>>
>>8395091

In the field of my degree, by definition, yes.
>>
no because radian is clearly superior u faggot high schooler
>>
>>8395091

most of the people who think this way end up being fucking useless faggots in the field
>>
>implying anyone on /sci/ has a degree
>>
>>8395091
I've got an MSc in Biochemistry and I'm embarrassed by it. It's such a conversation stopped. When people ask me what I do I say "science" and hope they don't probe me any further
>>
>>8395169
OHH ANON YOU MUST BE VERY GIFTED!!!!
IM JUST TO DUMB FOR SCIENCE SO I WORK AT MCDONALDS xddd
>>
>>8395173
Simmer down
>>
>>8395176
I WISH I WERE SO INTELLIGENCE LIKE YOU ANON !!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8395183
Intelligent*
>>
>>8395189
OHHH ANON YOU ARE SO GIFTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8395091
Math and yes. But it is not entirely my fault. First, everything I know is foreign to everyone else so it gives you the feeling that everyone else is retarded. Second there is the attitude people have towards you. Let me tell you a story:

For context, I work in software.

My boss and I where talking to a client at their office and we were discussing how my program would accomplish a certaon task. This talk got really long and complex and after a while I stopped understanding what they were saying. This is 50% because I was confused and 50% because I was looking at the manager's (from the client's company) big juicy tits.

I stayed silent for like half an hour and then I was asked if I was getting it and I just said 'y-you too'.

Not really, I said 'yes' but I didn't get jack shit but then my boss and the manager were like 'Oh he's a mathematician. He understood from the beginning.' and I just said 'y-you too.'

Not really, I just nodded and they bought it and didn't ask further questions. My degree saved my retarded ass because everyone assumed I was a genius and there is no way I didn't get it.

We are the chosen people. I guess my luck comes from the fact that god also has a degree in mathematics so basically I am god.
>>
>>8395196
>getting a math degree
>working in software

lmao, have fun being replaced by pajeet soon
>>
>>8395206
True this
>>
>>8395206
topkek good meme but what kind of software do you think I do?

If you think fucking phone apps or websites then kys fag. That is CSfag territory. Autism line. Do not cross.
>>
>>8395206
He writes nicely, maybe he can become a writer.
>>
>>8395212
Where does the autism line start?
>>
>>8395230
CS is autism so the rule here is that if a CS degree has a kind of development as a class that no one else has then doing that crosses the autism line.

Mobile and web development are courses very specific to CS and SE courses (and SE is CS for people whose dad's wanted them to be engineers) so they are inside the autism line for sure.

But if your work is in traditional programming languages (those meant to run primarily on actual computers) and involves enough math then it is outside the autism line.
>>
>>8395091
yes
>>
>Coworker who had a master's degree in science
was earning 11 dollars an hour as me
>I'm a high school dropout.
>>
>>8395091
My own abilities and intellect make me superior in certain ways to other people when applicable.

If you ask something like "Are you generally superior in everything to everyone or just a group of people defined by X?" then I most of the time say no.
Healthy arrogance is good, thinking you're the masterrace in everything and always is bad.

Your degree has nothing to do with this, it's just a specialization you choose to complete at a higher level.
>>
>>8395091
I guess it depends on the master's degree. If I get into the neurology one, I'll feel superior, no doubt
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.