[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: téléchargement (1).jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (1).jpg
11KB, 300x168px
If 1Mton of atomic bomb and nuclear bomb was detonated.

Would there be a difference between the two explosions?
And how they work?

PS : I'm an American citizen.
>>
>>8395038
>atomic bomb and nuclear bomb
vague, talk about fission and fusion instead
>>
File: Gun Types and Implosion Types.png (167KB, 880x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Types and Implosion Types.png
167KB, 880x1024px
>>8395038
I highly doubt it, that would be like asking I set off 1MT of c4 plastic explosive (assuming you can oxidize the entire thing at the same time) and 1MT of any other explosive as long as their set off at the same time assuming they're the same size.

So between the two explosions the only difference would be technical. "Atom" bombs are exclusively "gun" types iirc. Which means a chemical explosive will fire a fissile slug at a super critical mass of fissile material thereby setting it off.

A "nuclear" weapon will use an implosion method, in which a CE will be constructed as an explosive lens and compress a piece of (usually plutonium) and cause it to undergo fusion.

The reason "nuclear" or most commonly now Teller-Ulam designs are used is that they can be "boosted" using a primary and a secondary and so on and so forth to further compress the final stage. Also they can be really easily fit into cones which makes them perfect for putting inside re-entry vehicles and standoff missiles.
>>
>>8395081
Two Stage Tell-Ulam device.

Also

>>and cause it to undergo fusion.

Plutonium will never undergo fusion

**undergo fission

Usually a really heavy isotope of Hydrogen, Helium, or Lithium.
>>
>>8395083
>>8395081
>>8395053
NO

THAT IS NOT THE DIFFERENCE

THEY ARE JUST TWO WAYS OF REFERENCING THE SAME THING

REACTION OF THE NUCLEUS OF THE ATOM

YOU CAN EITHER CALL IT NUCLEAR OR ATOMIC, ITS JUST NAMING CONVENTION YUORE NOT CLARYFING IF ITS FUSION OR FISION OR WHAT KIND OF TRIGGER IT HAS

BE MORE PRECISE IF YOU WANT TO BE DAT SUPERIOR DER
>>
>>8395202
dumb capslock amerifat
>>
>>8395202
>ATOMIC
lighting a fucking match is an atomic reaction
>>
>>8395224
the word atomic in the context of nuclear power is interchangeable, it references the nucleus of the atom
>>
>>8395215
smart expressive amerisuperior

fixed that for you
>>
>>8395228
the word american in the context of assholes is interchangeable, it references the asshole of the amerifat
>>
>>8395258
stay mad inferior boy, how does it feel living in shitland
>>
>>8395262
It's great, schools teach all the correct words too, american.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.