[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just a rich weirdo right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1453882753566.jpg (1MB, 2563x3348px) Image search: [Google]
1453882753566.jpg
1MB, 2563x3348px
just a rich weirdo right?
>>
perhaps just a person with a peculiar penchant for pet pigeons?

just his name seems to trigger some
it truly amazes me the extent that his work has been vilified
>>
>>8394991
he's the OG meme scientist which is sort of an accomplishment
>>
some people still seem to think his wireless system used radio waves
>not understanding we live inside a waveguide, an EM resonant cavity
>>
has to be one of the most annoying memes

I don't know what cancerous YouTube videos did it, but among popsci fags, he's the smartest man to have ever lived.

At least the von Neumann meme has some legitimacy.
>>
>>8395510
Him>You
>>
>>8395510
was the Oatmeal comic
>>
>>8395510
>has to be one of the most annoying memes
because he was right about things you don't understand? or because the fanbois have elevated him to godhood and you think he doesn't deserve the adulation and recognition?
>>
What did he even do except for light bulbs and alternating current?
>>
>>8395628
>What did he even do except for light bulbs and alternating current?
electrocuted a lot of animals
>>
>>8395652
Genius
>>
>>8394991
Nah, it's a trick to make engineers buy more expensive cars. At least over here in Europe not every young high income male buys cars any longer.

Live in big city - take subway to work - everything you need is within city. Need to get to another city? Train or Aeroplane. Car is more trouble than useful. Well at least until you get kids.
>>
>>8394991
>rich
>>
>>8395680
>tfw conned Mark Twain into getting the literal shit shocked out of him 'cause muh therapy
>>
>>8395730
he lived in a hotel
>>
>>8394991
the FBI seized his notes and belongings after his death to stop the weirdness
>>
File: topology.png (824KB, 1275x662px) Image search: [Google]
topology.png
824KB, 1275x662px
>tfw this brainlet wasn't even a scientist and would probably drop out of a real analysis course
>>
Read wizard. He had fundamental patents on nearly all things related to ac technology, vacuum tubes, wireless transmissions (this encompasses a whole metric fuck ton of shit), military esque shit.
He was a philanthropist and a pioneer. But he was eccentric amd a savant. He made many enemies is his field with debates in debates over priority so when he fell out of the limelight after the industrial revolution.... They sought to blacklist him to gain access to his patents.
He was truly genius but genius is hardly recognized in one's own life.
>>
>>8397232
>They sought to blacklist him to gain access to his patents.
and to put a complete stop to his wireless transmission of energy ideas. The working principles of his wireless transmission involved phenomena that wouldn't be confirmed by others for more than 50 years. Without the understanding that we do indeed live inside a waveguide his ideas seemed impossible and the scientific community condemned his ideas as impossible. An opinion that exists to this day due to ignorance and corruption.
>>
was fond of the number 3 and groups of 3
>>
>>8395652
I thought that was Edison who did it to show how 'dangerous' AC was?
>>
>>8395628
alt-current motors,cool lightnings,waves n'shit
>>
>>8398242
it was Edison who had the radio operated remote controlled boat in 1898 called the nautilus
>>
>>8398242
Get Westinghoused, scrub

His absurd patents were more of a protest against the state of intellectual property laws. As in, you don't need to know the first thing about how a "death ray" works or even demonstrate that it does in order to be given exclusive rights to it.
>>
>>8398362
there's a death ray patent?
>tfw I thought that was Buck Rogers
>>
>>8395628
a lot of radio transmission work

one of the first radio controlled vehicles.

did pioneering x ray work

wireless power transmission

a tilt wing VTOL aircraft.
>>
File: Faraday[1].png (112KB, 224x340px) Image search: [Google]
Faraday[1].png
112KB, 224x340px
>>8396663
being a degree snob.

an uneducated book binder from a poor family contributed more to science, than most STEM degree fags ever have.
>>
>>8394991
>rich
not even. Tesla never gave a shit about money.

Westinghouse was about to go under but Nick just gave back all the stock he held to save his friends company. if he had cashed out, he would've been very wealthy indeed, but instead he died in a hotel quite poor.
>>
>>8398362
>His absurd patents
show me one of his patents that doesn't work
show me a "death ray patent"
** protip you can't **
>>
>>8398609
>** protip you can't **

yeah, because his stuff is still classified and locked away in the FBI archives.
>>
>>8398642
>his stuff is still classified and locked away in the FBI archives.
the incredible ignorance I find here on /sci/ is very disappointing, you can find the recently released documents here;
https://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla
the pop-sci headlines...
>At long last, the FBI has released its document cache of files containing information on Nikola Tesla, including his inventions like death ray and ball lightning, as well as how the government obtained his notes and memos following his death.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fbi-finally-releases-tesla-documents-death-ray-ball-lightning/

but in truth I doubt there is much to be found in those notes. He isn't known for simple explanation of his thoughts in his notes, they are usually more cryptic than most can handle for lack of background and foundation information.
>>
does anyone know where i could find some of his blueprints ?
>>
>>8394991
He's a genius who went insane. Sad, but it happens.
>>
File: image018.gif (158KB, 900x1257px) Image search: [Google]
image018.gif
158KB, 900x1257px
>>8398819
>does anyone know where i could find some of his blueprints ?
blueprints of what?
>>
>>8398698
>https://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla
Wow those scans couldn't get any worse.
>>
File: ValvularConduit-cross-section.png (8KB, 693x120px) Image search: [Google]
ValvularConduit-cross-section.png
8KB, 693x120px
>>8398943
at least they aren't redacted to complete gibberish
>>
>>8394991

>rich
>RICH

ha. He died broke. He was born to a priest and a housewife and barely had enough money for college. He wasn't rich by any means.
>>
>>8394991
that's is dad of elon musk !
>>
discoverer of most scientific way to cook chicken
>>
>>8395628
induction machine

hydroelectricity

power transmission

dc motor efficiency improvement

just a few.
>>
>>8394991
his greatest gift to mankind has been suppressed for over a century now. Efficient global distribution of power would cause the loss of too much profit to be allowed to happen.
Just imagine the way the world would be different if electrical energy were available in industrial amounts anywhere on the globe. The effects on the world if generation capability could be placed where convenient and it's output could be transmitted to the opposite side of the world with less than 2% loss.
To all those who doubt it's feasibility I say you simply do not understand quite as much as you think you do. The working principles are proven and well understood if not widely understood.
>>
>>8399168
He was rich. Just wasted it all on bullshit that didn't work.
>>
>>8395552
That Oatmeal guy should be executed for prostituting pop culture vomit
>>
>>8395691
Nah, only a marketing genius like Musk would think of that. Elon didn't name the company, nor did he found it. He only bought his co-founder title. The illegitimate slut
>>
>>8394991
He was awesome when I was a kid, but in the past decade all these popsci faggots who say "I fucking love science" ruined him as a leader of intrigue. Fucking idol worship. Oh, you "love" the scientific method, but you're not a practitioner, nor have any aspirations to be one? Consumerist twats
>>
>>8396258
If I were too poor to afford a place to live here it's cheaper to stay at a motel 6 indefinitely.
>>
>>8400391
Westinghouse paid for his room and meals.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.