[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muscle Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Quadriceps_3D.gif (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Quadriceps_3D.gif
2MB, 640x640px
Long story short, professor was talking about muscle fiber death from physical inactivity (coma). She said the first muscle to die is the quads for reasons unknown. I asked her if lifting weights effected muscle death rate. She basically told me to write a full page report for tomorrow (she's a passive aggressive bitch) using the school's academic article search engine. I looked for about 30 minutes and I couldn't find any articles. I tried google for another 30 minutes to no avail.

So if two exactly similar patients, except one difference being one who works out and one who doesn't, went into a coma. Which patient would experience muscle death from inactivity sooner?

Can anyone answer the question? Source is preferred. I don't even care about writing the report anymore. I feel like asking my old A&P professor since I felt like she's more knowledgeable in the subject compared to my current professor. I don't want to bother her 2 in the morning though.
>>
>>8394954
I wonder how much better the education sector would get if women and others subhumans were banned from becoming teachers.
>>
>>8394958
I will never understand how most people in the medical field, usually women, are over weight. Two of my current professors are fat as hell. Why don't they apply their physiological knowledge and maintain a healthy body.

To make it worse both of them are bitches in their own way. The first one is passive aggressive as I mentioned above and the second one loves psychological games on exams. Since class started two months ago 2 people out of 34 already dropped out.
They are bad educators since they give you attitude when asking questions so it's like they don't even wanna be there and it also discourages the students from asking questions./rant
>>
>a full page report for tomorrow

a full page?!?!?!
>>
>>8394954
Are you in highschool?

Just do your god damn research and use all search engines you can, calculate about muscle fiber death/failure and ask /fit/, they MIGHT know but it's not guaranteed
>>
>>8394966
Yea man. This happened on Monday so she gave me some time. However, I spent time studying for the practical and studying for my final for another class. I did get a 100 on her practical, (the same teacher who told me to write a report). Before the practical, she's like, "Did you start your report on the thing I asked you about on Monday?". I'm not doing it though it's not fucking fair.
>>
>>8394968
No, I'm in college.

And I did use all of the search engines. I couldn't even find an article stating the quads die first/ have the highest rate of death.
>>
>>8394972

ALL of the search engines?!?
>>
File: 1471581914848.jpg (991KB, 1657x4730px) Image search: [Google]
1471581914848.jpg
991KB, 1657x4730px
>>8394972
Okay this might seem archaic but why don't you go to a library and ask for medicine books?

Since i think there are no medfags here, i thought there was some on /fit/, that's why i told you to ask there, they will find it interesting because muscles
Hell, they could even make a maymay about that

Also was ex-/fit/
>>
>>8394976
Because she told me to find a recent article online using our school's search engine. The article I needed to find was supposed to have measurable data to support the answer of my question. I couldn't even find shit on muscle fiber death rates in general.

Am /fit/, might ask them for shits and giggles.
>>
>>8394984
Sou kana

What if the fucking search engine is actually from tags? Or maybe search like a retard like everyone does on google
>muscle fiber death
>inactivity muscle fiber
>muscle fiber
>muscle death rate

And have been searching too, your professor's a bitch
Your last hope is something like medicine books and hope for a miracle too
>>
>>8395002
I tried all of the logical search phrases and key words in my searches. I'm usually good finding articles but I feel like this one is too specific. I doubt anyone has ever done it. Either no one has asked the question before or it's common sense to doctors that one dies faster than the other.
>>
>>8395017
I think it's both

But no way in hell you can do a one page of that unless you use a big ass letter size
>>
The only reason I could think of quads dying first was: (Only valid if you are not fucking crippled like Mr. I want a Worm in My Hole Hawkings)
>Humans start using quads since babies, one of the most used muscles for walking
>Actually you just them quads to get up, to duck, to jump, to carry stuff (like your fatty body)
>Other muscles don't make any effort compared to dem quads, maybe just the back muscles
>in fact, other muscles, don't make as much effort as quads, so they are used to not doing effort.
>When in coma, the only muscles that really change their "lifestyle" are dem quads, other muscles are used to being lazy so there's no difference between a normal day or a coma for them.
>Since the only muscles that changed their lifestyle were dem quads, you should expect a different result compared to other muscles .
I actually can't state which result, in this case your teacher told you that they died b4 other muscles so, could be right or wrong. Don't know shit, but wanted to share my hypothesis.

TL;DR: Fuck S. crippled Hawking
>>
OP I tried my best

https://www.google.com/search?q=muscle+fiber+death+in+comatose+patients+intext:ncbi
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

Keywords:
Neuromuscular
>>
Skeletomuscular, Neuromuscular, CNS, PSNS, SNS, Comatose, Correlation
>>
http://besport.org/sportmedicina/miosite_ossificante.htm

laser made in Italy for this problem
>>
>>8394965
Knowledge & Education != Wisdom & Discipline

Or... As /tg/ would put it:
INT 18
WIS 3
Is entirely possible.

(Though CHA is also a common dump stat.)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.