[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't women generally as funny as men? Is there an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ccsu_wci_01_0101_heels_02.jpg (231KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ccsu_wci_01_0101_heels_02.jpg
231KB, 1920x1080px
Why aren't women generally as funny as men? Is there an understood biological explanation or is it too controversial to explore?
>>
Some people claim that it was an evolutionary trait to attract women, but I feel like men's humor is probably more of a benefit to keeping the male members of a tribe together. Being able to make jokes and laugh with each other keeps spirits high, ultimately increasing their risk of survival in dangerous situations such as hunting vicious animals or going to war with other tribes.
>>
>>8394103
Women are totally funny get over it.
>>
>>8394116
shut up bitch
>>
>>8394103
Humor is other people's pain, and women have developed empathy in order to not be slaughtered en masse. Hence comediennes tend to be masculine.
>>
Humor is subjective.
>>
>>8394122
no, not entirely. change my OP to "generally considered" if you're that autistic
>>
Theory I pull out my ass:

Female communication is more physical and emotional, and they have many ways of expressing direct "bond", that is "I won't hurt you" kind of relationship.

Male communication lacks this, so the humor, being able to tell jokes and collectively laugh at it, gets a much more important role in defining male social bonds.
>>
We don't expect women to be funny so they aren't seen as such.
>>
>>8394116
I find that women who go up on stage tend to be terrible comedians yet quite a few women that i know personally are relatively funny, Maybe there's something to it??
>>
Looks like you took a wrong turn

>>>/r9k/
>>
>>8394103
>My vagina
>I was getting fucked in my ass like urgh urgh urgh, He was wild yet tender like Harambe
>pussy pussy pussy
>>
>>8394116
>dude,vaginas lol
hahaha ahahaha
>>
>>8394103
they don't need to be. check your privilege, females.
>>
Testosterone seems to play a role since homosexual male comedians are funny.

Women are instantly socially accepted because they can give birth whereas men have to be useful to the tribe and gain social status. Testosterone has various effects on the body that help them do this, increased musculature for example helps them perform laborious tasks, it also affects behavior, it makes them impulsive risk takers and increases their need to gain social dominance, hubris and pride.
>>
fem here, women are not funny.

maybe has something to do with humor being a socially desirable trait in males for mating. it isn't necessary useful for females
>>
>>8394141
to be honest anyone that goes on a stage and tries to be funny will be unfunny 99% of the time

call me autistic but I do not see what is funny about most of these comedians like CS Lewis that people talk so highly about
>>
>>8394461
Fem here. I agree
>>
the christopher hitchens theory, it rides on the y chromosome because men are selected for it whereas women are the ones being goaded. humor has been a dance that men have led and women that are funny typically do that through a leading ie masculine format.
>>
>>8394484
>CS Lewis
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.