[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did your interest in science began? gif unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1475601187031.gif (2MB, 376x228px) Image search: [Google]
1475601187031.gif
2MB, 376x228px
At what age did your interest in science began?

gif unrelated
>>
How much would one have to pay around these parts to get a shag with OP's mom?

post unrelated
>>
It never did.
>>
>>8393067

20 and then I lost interest in it at 22
>>
>>8393067
Around 11 or 12. A friend of mine got me into Steven Hawking's stuff (A Brief History of Time) and I would read Discover and Popular Mechanics magazines at school.
>>
Around 5 or 6, when I would turn over rocks and study the different bugs.
>>
13 when I watched vsauce. Eventually my interest in science grew and now I study science all day by watching numberphile, dnewa, sci show, and michio kaku.
>>
File: rBxbX.jpg (16KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
rBxbX.jpg
16KB, 480x270px
I started reading about cryptography at the age of 13 or 14, eventually getting as far as matrices. In high school, I then developed an interest towards logic, and so I applied for philosophy. I failed the test, but the book I was assigned to read was about the development of logic in the first half of the 20th century, and so Gödel's work was mentioned. This reignited my interest my old interest in mathematics. After I got into my uni, my focus of interest moved into topology and later algebra.
>>
>>8393238
err, Stephen Hawking. And not Popular Mechanics, Popular Science.
>>
Honestly, I'm starting to feel like I was pushed into science at an early age due to parents and teachers and never really showed any real interest in it.
>>
File: ガウス批判顔.jpg (199KB, 576x738px) Image search: [Google]
ガウス批判顔.jpg
199KB, 576x738px
I was a wee lad, about the age of 8, when God whispered in my ear; "the set of morphisms from a representable presheaf [math] h_c [/math] into an arbitrary presheaf [math] F [/math] is in natural bijection with the set [math] F(c) [/math] assigned by [math] F [/math] to the representing object [math] c [/math]"

And alas, at that moment, I was cursed to bear the weight of mathematics forever
>>
>>8393067
Last 5 months i got interested in math but i remembered that i'm bad at fucking formulas

I hate myself but i like numbers too, maybe i will get into finance or something
>>
>>8393382
This.

But then I 'rebelled' and ended up staying engineering instead.
1 year into my first job, I started to develop a real interest in science. I eventually quit to go back to school to retrain in physics. Started my phd this year.
>>
>>8393067
Today because I found this board
Seems pretty cool.
>>
>>8393615
I had a similar experience.
I 'rebelled' by not going into engineering. My dad wanted me to be a physicist or engineer (probably because he flunked out of engineering school and became an economist,) but I was more interested in biology. I think he came around to the idea once he realized how much modern biology relies on mathematics, and how biological systems are a lot more complex than he would have guessed from taking elementary bio in the 60s.
>>
>>8393067
Seriously from the age of 3-4 I was fascinated by animals and materials
>>
5 when I used to go to the
library to read the books there.
>>8393253
Underage autist
>>
I can't remember not being interested in science. I feel like I was born interested in it and applying it in various ways.
>>
was vaguely interested as a child but that was more solidified when i turned 14 (i think?) and watched the original cosmos series. i took the time to read about figures the show discussed like fourier, kepler, hypatia, democritus, etc. and it went from there
>>
>>8393067
does anyone have the fucking video where the gif came from
I can't fucking find it
>>
>>8393067
i became very interested in the human body after "experimenting" with my male friend when I was just a lad
thus, I became an engineer
>>
File: golden4.jpg (62KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
golden4.jpg
62KB, 421x421px
>>8393253
>and now I study science all day by watching numberphile, dnewa, sci show, and michio kaku.
>>
>>8393253
Under8ed b8
>>
>>8394241

are you retarded. It comes right up if you google bernie sanders jump scare interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_udj4kKz8
>>
>>8394286
wtf that was not there when I searched
>>
I have been reading fact books for as long as I can remember. I read about dinosaurs, space and medicine like they were comic books.
>>
>>8393067
>began
We need flags in /sci so I would know how to react
>>
File: 1467763994568.jpg (5KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1467763994568.jpg
5KB, 255x255px
>>8394338
>fact books

>I read about dinosaurs

>fact books

>dinosaurs

>fact
>>
>>8394394
Not that anon, but I did too.
>>
never, idk why im a chem major
>>
>>8393067
umm like 7-9? I read an encyclopedia once and that suit guy (astronaut) fascinated be because I can't see his face, seriously, I didn't see his face, I saw like a robotic face (astronaut mask???)
>>
When i was about 8 i started Reading some enciclopedias and got a General interest in knowledge and learning new things. When I was 10 I started being interested in astronomy and slowly got into physics, finally at 13 years I started to appreciate the beauty of maths.
>>
At 12. Its been three years and it's growing even stronger
>>
>>8393067
I got really into dinosaurs when I was about 4, and by 6 managed to talk my Mom into bringing me to paleontology conferences and buying textbooks and stuff. I had a borderline sociopathic phase where I'd find things in the yard and do live dissections.

I got more into physics around 10-11, started doing martial arts and athletics around 12; combined the two and doing biomechanics now. About a year from finishing my undergrad and I just got a research assistant position and, while I've been exhausted the entire semester, I'm really excited that I get to do some real science.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.