[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hold me /sci/ >be me >had a project due at midnight sunday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: killme.jpg (115KB, 676x1410px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
115KB, 676x1410px
Hold me /sci/

>be me
>had a project due at midnight sunday
>wrote the best project in my life, detailed, graphs made by me, over 10k words.
>prof says its the best paper he has read about the subject so far, but graded me F because I submitted it 5 mins later than deadline.
>mfw I read other student projects and they were badly written
>mfw I got rekt because of 5 mins

Goodbye 4.0 GPA.. I wanna kill myself.

Share some similar stories of you have them anons.
>>
>>8392737
What in fuck? What kind of crazy hardass college do you go to?
>>
>>8392737
Fight for your life. Struggle like a puppy being drowned.

First, contact the prof to see if you can discuss the matter of you getting an F, ask if the issue is out of his hands or not because the grading system is partially computer-automated. Ask who you have to talk to in administration to make an exception for you. Blame something that is supposedly and believably out of your control, like the webpage not working for 30 mins before the deadline, and only working again 5 mins after. If you say that it didn't work 1 day before, they might ask why you didn't call anybody.

Kiss your prof's ass. Ask him if there's remedial work you can do to get it accepted, ask him how much he wants for his bribe. Offer to let him fuck your boipucci.

If the prof stonewalls you and is a cunt, and it's clear that the reason because of the F is that he's anal about deadlines is because of him and not because you submitted electronically and it auto-gives you an F, agressively complain to whoever is in charge. Nag, annoy, threaten, drag the prof through the mud.

Good luck.
>>
>>8392737

>be me
>super horny
>straight but was so horny
>masturbated to the nigger sitting in front of me in class
>he is a male but i dont care, keep jacking throbbing cock
>about to cum
>professer sees my cock and balls hanging out
>instantly cum while professor stops mid sentence and everyone in room look at me (over 80 students)
>cum splatters all over my pants as well as the underside of the desk
>get expelled
>>
>>8392750
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/b/
>>
>>8392737
>have a meeting with potential clients
>have a rendered 3D models of previous facilities and stats to back up your costs
>show up 5 minutes late and make them stand around
>you dont get the project

"B-b-but my proposal was the best" welcome to the real world faggot. Next time plan ahead.
>>
>>8392737
Does your university not have a late submissions policy? In mine there was a standard 1 day late = 10% off, 2 days 20% etc. Can't remember the exact numbers though.
>>
>>8392737
A deadline is a deadline you know. How can you even be only 5mins late?

But yeah, try blaming a power outage or computer crash or something.
>>
>>8392754
Clients wouldn't shaft themselves by choosing an inferior product at a lower cost only because the dude presenting the project was 5 minutes late.
>>
I have 9.9/10 average score. How can you take yourself seriously if you don't have at least over 9.5?
>>
>>8392750
If true, please elaborate on the judicial process.
>>
>>8392737
>because of 5 mins
An F seems extreme but you should have been finished hours earlier. Never do the last minute thing.

>Goodbye 4.0 GPA.. I wanna kill myself.

As long as your GPA is above 3.5, who gives a shit? Maybe this will inspire you to focus your efforts on learning and gaining experience, rather than your GPA.
source: I focused on my grades way too much in undergrad, only to realize as a senior that I should have been spending all that effort on racking up internships and such.
>>
I turned in a big report the other day.

Got a 95% but it was a week late

dropped me down to an 85%

lmao at deadlines
>>
File: 100.png (104KB, 292x449px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
104KB, 292x449px
>>8393446
>9.9
>>
>>8393489
Some super hard yet irrelevant subject on which no student got higher than a 7 in the past five years. I'm satisfied.
>>
File: 1391714432803.jpg (31KB, 493x496px) Image search: [Google]
1391714432803.jpg
31KB, 493x496px
>>8393497
>super hard yet irrelevant
>>
>>8392754
That's exactly how the real world doesn't work. Most people are pretty forgiving for things like that
>>
>>8392737
Talk to the professor more about it and really push for a deduction rather than a straight fail. If this incident causes you fail the class entirely, threaten to take it to your school's Academic Fairness Committee or whatever version you have. Because failing someone for a 5 minute delay is pretty scummy and most grievance hearings would agree
>>
>>8392754
>This is what business majors actually believe
Yeah, businesses totally will invest in or purchase worse systems if you're five minutes late.
>>
>>8393575
It's only 'hard' because there's 4k pages of required reading.
>>
I teach a course where students have to read and then present on a paper. The papers I chose are pretty complex, but I tell them if they're having trouble understanding they should let me know and we can go through it together. They get multiple weeks to prepare, for this 10 minute presentation.

Every fucking year there is at least one little shitbird that emails me half an hour before he's up, saying that the paper was too complicated and asking if we can reschedule. I always fail them right then and there, and they have to wait a year before they can retake the course.

That said, I think your teacher is quite unfair. That is, if everything you're saying is true.
>prof says its the best paper he has read
If he was going to fail you for missing the deadline, why the fuck did he read the paper in the first place, especially if it was 10K+ words? That to me just doesn't make any sense. If I'm going to fail a student for something like that, I for sure wouldn't invest the time to read the paper, I have better things to do, like lurk /sci/. Assuming this is all true, he's probably playing hard to get or some weird shit like that, and wants to you make an effort to get a good grade through. Email him. If that doesn't work, talk to him in person, and remind him that there are teaching evaluation forms to be filled out (if that's the case). And failing all else, talk to the course coordinator.
>>
>>8392737
>4.0 GPA
Is this some meme I don't know about? The average in our department is around 3.0, a 4.0 is unheard of.
>>
>>8393446
This desu
>>
>>8393693
GPA is a meme
>>
>>8393693
OP must go to a shitty community college.
>>
>>8393693
I feel like in a lot of European universities this is almost impossible, having a perfect GPA that is.
>>
>>8395109
That would be because they mostly don't use GPA
>>
>>8392737

a top ranking professor once did a similar thing, except it was only a downgrade, not a failure..

it was because my references were not alphabetically listed

never. happened. again.

i respect it and still remember it
>>
>>8393797

this, absolutely.

research experience is invaluable
>>
>>8395141

>respect it

Words of a pussy.

>accept it

should be the answer.
>>
>>8393693
I think its either a meme or something people in easier (I dont mean this derogatory today) spout. In a serious major its near impossible to maintain a perfect record.

>>8395101
This may be an explanation as well. Ive seen that universities (colleges?) in the USA vary wildly.

>>8395109
>>8395118
We do not generally use GPA, we use percentages. We also do not grade on a curve, so whatever percentage you get on a project or test translates directly to your grade.

All in all I dont take it seriously.
>>
I always threaten people with death for late submissions, but I don't really care and grade them normally under the condition that they don't let anyone know I let them off the hook.

Why bother being autistic over small details like that, I don't give a shit unless it gets annoying for me to deal with, i.e repeat offenders.
>>
>>8395144

i respect the decision, and dont have a problem with students being treated that way.

little cunts need to learn to cite in APA format if APA format is asked for.

little cunts need to learn to always alphabetize sources; regardless of the quality of the writing, how the fuck could they ever hope to submit a paper for publication in future otherwise?

no you ever-loving cuck, respect was the right word. she was a great professor.
>>
>>8395290
>she
>great professor
Okay, whatever you say, you fucking SJW faggot.
>>
File: !!!!1453819636340.jpg (86KB, 509x501px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!1453819636340.jpg
86KB, 509x501px
>>8395257
>tfw blessed by the lazy marking grad student who oversees my bad form and other general small mistakes
>>
Caring about GPA is a meme. Don't fall for the jewry. You did a good job on the paper.
>>
>>8395300

>made fucking bio-diesel and protein-rich food out of fucking green algae

gonna say yeah she was pretty fucking good there m8 cheers
>>
>>8392754
It doesnt work like that, you know? Unless you are dealing with some autistic fuck
>>
>>8393634
>And failing all else, bribe the motherfucker
fixed
>>
>>8395313

It's not lazyness desu, it's just about not being a dick
>>
>>8393575
Is this the new smart but lazy?
>>
>>8395218
What do you mean by curve? I always thought everyone got the old... you scored 3/10? you get 3/10 even if the average was 4/10
>>
>>8395956
Americans gets a B if they score 4/10. That's why their universities are a joke.
>>
>>8392737
cool story, bro

reminds me of that time i almost won the nobel prize but those pricks watson and crick stole my data and turned it five minutes ahead of me.
>>
>>8392737
That's a lesson I learned a while ago, man.
First rule to succeeding in an academic environment: When assigned something, make sure to do the bare minimum and nothing more if it won't benefit you extraordinarily to do so. Then you turn that shit in asap.
>>
>>8392737
lol, he thinks he's teaching you a valuable lesson but really he's just fucking you.

It happens to everybody anon. Best thing you can do for your sanity is to learn not to give a fuck.
>>
>>8397183
And yet American universities are the best in the world. Wonder how that happens...

Curving is used not when easy content is being taught, but when the material is so complex that a normal grading system doesn't represent an appropriate success rate, or there are other uncontrolled factors in the classroom (I.e three lectures were cancelled, etc)

Curving isn't used as often as this board would lead you to believe, either. Universities shy away from it now because suddenly everyone is cognizant of grade inflation.

I've had one class that was curved, and it was complex analysis. An A ended up being an 85%, b a 70%, and c a 60%
>>
employers don't care about GPA
>>
>>8393634
>If he was going to fail you for missing the deadline, why the fuck did he read the paper in the first place,
This. OP's story is clearly bullshit. If he doesn't have any sort of late submissions policy, no way in hell is he going to waste time reading a late submission.
I'm guessing OP actually failed an assignment because they handed it in a week late, or something stupid liked that. OP then came to 4chan to complain about it, but realised, as they were writing it out, that it was clearly entirely their fault and they would just get called a faggot. So OP instead made up a bullshit story to fish for sympathy and complain about how unfair deadlines are.
>>
>>8392737
Go talk to the professor, this is ridiculous
>>
>>8397231
Nobody gives a fuck about slave owners
Grad schools care about GPA and a good GPA is a requirement for nice research grants
>>
>>8392750
kek
>>
>>8397333
if op's submission was really that outstanding, I'm sure his prof would gladly give him a recommendation.
op's story is fishy though. why would a professor waste time reading a paper that's gonna get an F anyways?
>>
>>8392737
best project, handed in late... you fucked yourself and deserve it.
>>
>>8397377
This.
>>
File: 1474976796544.png (515KB, 776x624px) Image search: [Google]
1474976796544.png
515KB, 776x624px
>>8393693
>Major in math
>GPA forever fucked up
>>
>>8397318
>>8397210
>>8393599
OP here

I talked to the professor and he said the best he can do is give me a D.

His words were
>"Exceptional work. But you know I have a zero tolerance late policy. You should not be worried about grades, they tell nothing about the work of a student"

BUT THEY FUCKING GIVE ME A JOB AND I WANNA GO TO GRAD SCHOOL....

I WANNA DIE
>>
>>8397546
He wants to give you the D anon. Just take the hint and let him fuck your boipucci. It's the only way to keep that 4.0
>>
>>8397573
fuck off to >>>/b/ shitlord
>>
>>8397578
Why are you directing everyone to /b/? This thread isn't even science or math related, you're blogging about failing a project. Was the paper even scientific?
>best paper he has read about the subject
>Exceptional work
I'm much more interested in this godly paper of yours than your annoying bitching. Why don't you elaborate on the subject and your apparent expertise in it instead of whining? Maybe you can save this shit hole of a thread from getting any worse, but I highly doubt that.
>>
>>8397546
>>8397578
Maybe next time you'll learn to submit work on time
>>
File: 1473808535460.jpg (191KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1473808535460.jpg
191KB, 640x633px
>>8397597
>he thinks he's an internet tough guy
>>
>>8397597
careful with that edge retard :^)
>>
>>8397546
What was the project about, OP?
>>
>>8392754
That's more like
>Guy shows up on time, but is obviously hung over, bedraggled, and smells of semen
>Guy shows up late, but is clean, professional, obviously well qualified, and personable
And going with the first guy.
>>
>>8392754
this literally isn't how the real world works you stupid business major
>>
>>8392737
>be me
>have project due at midnight
>it's 11:55
oh shit i should probably start submitting it
Let me, let me just choose a different color for the graph
>11:58
Well, any non-brainlet would probably submit it by now
Let me, let me just choose a different font for this header.
>12... o'clock... midnight
OH FUCK. IT'S LATE.
FUCK FUCK FUCK. how do i choose file and then click submit?
>literally spend 5 minutes looking for the file and clicking submit
>professor's syllabus says no late work
MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR ME. I'M SPECIAL.

damn right you're special
>>
>>8397857
>bothering with colors and fonts
>not just using [math]\LaTeX[/math]
>>
Where in the world are GPA's over 3.5 common? I do electronic engineering and I only ever knew one guy who had a 1:1(his GPA was about 3.8) but he left to do medicine. I've only heard of one other dude getting that high. Most of us work our arses off to get in the low to mid 3's.
>>
>>8397203
fucking kek
>>
I'm gonna give you a serious answer OP:

First things first, it is important to realize what this guy did. He fucked you. He's not teaching you a lesson, he's not "following orders"; he has gone out of his way to show superiority over you in a way only a sociopath could. That is to say, then, that you have been morally wronged, and worse yet, disrespected by someone whose responsibility is to treat those below him with respect.

- A gentleman is one who treats his inferiors with the greatest courtesy, justice and consideration, and who exacts the same treatment from his superiors. — New York Daily News.

With that being said, there is nothing you can do right now. You can complain to the university, but they won't do shit because of something called 'tenure', as well as their general lack of care for the success of their students. You could complain to the professor, but once again, he seems like the kind of person who will never apologize/change his views unless it benefits himself directly.
So, what do you do? Well, you wait. You continue attending his classes, you continue to study hard, and you continue to treat everyone at the university with the respect that they never gave to you. Let's be honest, OP, you're a bright guy. You'll be ok in terms of academic success, so keep going. Keep going, and try to graduate with the highest GPA possible, and wait until the graduation ceremony.
It is custom at such events to bring entire families to catch the graduation in celebration for their relatives. This is when you will strike. If you can give a speech, great, but if not, there's another way. When everyone is talking among each other, find your friendly professor, and strike up a conversation with him. Make sure it's a candid one, as this will result in the most extreme, and utterly disappointing realization once he knows what's going on. If he has a wife, great, but just as before, we have a plan B.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.