[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this legit? or is the 2 not supposed to be taken out like that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: gif.latex.gif (1KB, 79x83px) Image search: [Google]
gif.latex.gif
1KB, 79x83px
is this legit? or is the 2 not supposed to be taken out like that?
>>
yes its 'legit'
>>
File: CodeCogsEqn.gif (823B, 64x139px) Image search: [Google]
CodeCogsEqn.gif
823B, 64x139px
>>8392433
even this?
>>
Three steps to do something that only needs one, lol American...........
>>
You can't take it because of the exponent rules since it's in the parenthesis. He only got the right answer by luck.

b^8(2b^4) = c

log(c) = log(b^8(2b^4))

by properties of logs

log(c) = log(b^8) + log(2) + log(b^4)

By the commutativity of logarithms axiom

log(c) = log(b^8) + log(b^4) + log(2)

= log(b^8 * b^4) + log(2)

= log(b^12) + log(2)

= 12 log(b) + log(2)

Raise everything to e

exp[log(c)) = exp[12log(b)] * exp[log(2)]

c = b^12 * 2 = b^12 + b^12

= 2(b^12)
>>
>>8392432
No you have to use the product rule

[math] b^8(2b^4)=b^8(2)+b^8(b^4)[/math]
>>
>>8392440
How's elementary school treating you OP?
>>
>>8392432
sorry it's actually (2b)^4 not (2b^4). does that mean i can still do this?
>>
>>8392446
>>
>>8392454

Now it's different. Exponents distribute over multiplied terms just like multiplication would over additive terms. (2b)^4 = 2^4 * b^4

So it would not be a 2 you can move out of the parenthesis, it would be a 16.
>>
File: CodeCogsEqn.gif (982B, 94x62px) Image search: [Google]
CodeCogsEqn.gif
982B, 94x62px
>>8392457
like this?
>>
>>8392457
also if i wanted to to move e^x to the left and right is it the same as any other fundamental where it's just (x+-c)? like e^(x+-c) to do horizontal translation and then reflection is just e^-x and -e^x with respect to the x/y axis?
>>
>>8392463

go to desmos and graph it faggot

and watch what happens
>>
>>8392466
ok so it was. thanks.

if you have a exponential function Cb^x and you know two points, is m just C in this case? and if so, if i sub it in, which i got as 9 and then use another point, say (1,6), can i then solve for b?

basically can i just go 6=9b^1 ergo 6/9 is b?
>>
>>8392440
2^8 =/= (4^8)/2

2^8 = 4^4
>>
>>8392449 you are retarded

see>>8392475
>>
>>8392459
Yes just like that
>>
>>8392446
Or just use Law of Exponents, add and add the superscripts of the b variables together to achieve 2b^12.
>>
>>8392432
depends on what you are multiplicating and how you wish to define multiplication.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.