[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel extremely jealous of geniuses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: Tao_terence_download_2.jpg (2MB, 3000x2068px) Image search: [Google]
Tao_terence_download_2.jpg
2MB, 3000x2068px
Does anyone else feel extremely jealous of geniuses?
>>
>>8391612
I don't. Must be a lot of pressure t-bh.
>>
>>8391612
nope.
>>
>>8391612
>functional analysis
>genius
choose one
>>
>>8391612
Not really. As long as I have personal success then I feel no reason to feel jealousy.

Feels good being a medium sized fish in a really tiny pond.
>>
I'm about 115-120 IQ and already hate everybody dumber than me, so no.
>>
>>8391612
Is he really genetically superior to most people or is his "genius" simply the result of thousands of hours of painstaking work? I wish I knew.
>>
I am a bit jealous about easy geniuses. I feel admiration towards talented hard working geniuses.

That's all.
>>
>>8391612
No, do you?
>>
>>8391705
Both. Geniuses tier work always involves huge intelligence (mostly genetic) and knowledge (hard work). In Africa probability says that there are probably a handful of 200+ IQ people but they've never even touched a book and they spend most of their day making shoes or something in their corrogated steel shack and they'll never do anything more than make shoes.

It's sad really, but mup da do didda dey wuz kangz or something like that.
>>
>>8391731
>always involves huge intelligence
>intelligence
No one actually knows what this is though...
>>
>>8391612
For goodness' sake, the word you're looking for is ENVIOUS. Jealousy is a different thing entirely. Learn to speak your own language correctly, please.
>>
>>8391747
Don't go fucking philosophy major on me.
Intelligence is quantifiable we just have yet to come up with a decent system to do so. Neuron count and neuron density seems to do an extremely good job on large groups being compared, but on individuals obviously there are huge outliers especially when you get into really high iqs. For example a person with 150 iq could have basically the same brain as a person with 200+ but the person with 200+'s neurons would just light up differently. We don't know why they light up differently but we do know that brain mass, and density as well as key areas of the brain showing certain properties is basically all you need to put someone objectivly on the scale.
>>
>>8391612
No, because I am one.
>>
>>8391791
>we do know that brain mass, and density as well as key areas of the brain showing certain properties is basically all you need to put someone objectivly on the scale.
You pulled that one out of your ass.
>>
>>8391612
Who?
>>
File: wars.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wars.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
Not at all. Only reason I do this stuff is because it is difficult for me.
>>
No

I don't care about being a genius or even care to be one

I like being within 2 standard deviations
>>
>>8391748
>Jealousy is an emotion, and the word typically refers to the thoughts and feelings of insecurity, fear, concern, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of status or something of great personal value,
this is how I feel around geniuses
>>
File: k1CEs.png (670KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
k1CEs.png
670KB, 1366x768px
There's this one guy constantly calling me a genius, and I'm sure I look like one in the eyes of the non-initiated, but in reality I'm just average or a bit over that. Nevertheless, this creates an atmosphere of pressure because I don't want to dissappoint him.
>>
File: 96566.png (196KB, 716x398px) Image search: [Google]
96566.png
196KB, 716x398px
>>8391867
Oh, I forgot my point. The point is that there must be a pressure like that for those who really are on the genius level. It's probably worse than my pressure, too. I'm totally not jealous about that. I naturally wish I was capable of more, but if that is the price, then I'm happy to rely on hard work.
>>
Sometimes. Depends on the guy
If hes a alpha male with good genetics and not a brainlet then i'm probably jealous
>>
File: 1464575726877.jpg (39KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1464575726877.jpg
39KB, 620x349px
>>8391884
>tao
>alpha
this is his family. just saying
>>
>>8391887

>three wives
that's pretty alpha anon
>>
>>8391651
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>8391612
His brain and yours are the same.
>>
File: =▢=.png (42KB, 189x190px) Image search: [Google]
=▢=.png
42KB, 189x190px
>>8391748
>>
>>8391612
No, just like >>8391662 said

Who gives a shit about them, but unless you wanna do something big then improve yourself and don't feel jealous about them but try to motivate yourself and be like them
>>8391694
You're pretty much a brainlet here, y'know
>>
>>8391748
>>
>>8391612
Why would I? He's a beacon of light in this shitty dark world.
>>8391731
> In Africa probability says that there are probably a handful of 200+ IQ people
If /pol/ catches wind of this you're fucking dead kiddo...
>>8391932
kek
>>
File: feelsbad.jpg (7KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbad.jpg
7KB, 235x215px
Sometimes I think about it,and I always how nice it would be but then I remember the pressure.
Actually not much difference because when I was first starting highschool I really god into math and learned all the way to integral calculus and everyones around me was like "ur a genius dude" and the teachers used to take me to math competitions (which I never won any of them), I'm not even fast calculating
>>
Fuck no. I could never get any pussy if I was that guy. Smarts isn't everything
>>
>>8391612
Yes OP, I envy geniouses.. I could have done more
>>
>>8391612
https://youtu.be/hepbY-5F_o4
A little touch
>>
File: PhD.png (111KB, 1528x276px) Image search: [Google]
PhD.png
111KB, 1528x276px
>>8391612
>>
>>8391612
Jealous of smart people who are also successful?
Yes, all the time. I am pretty smart. The smartest during school. One of the smartest at the university. But my academic career turn out to be a disaster due to a combination of bad timing/choices and lack of money. I fucking hate my advisor.

whenever a see someone that is successful and smart, I feel very envious. But I only have me to blame for my lack of success.
>>
>>8392197

>If /pol/ catches wind of this you're fucking dead kiddo.

He's not wrong though, for example the only recorded black human calculator was a slave transported from Africa to America a few centuries ago and was discovered during the last half of his life and he had no children.

While he probably didn't have an IQ of 200 he definitely had an IQ well above the average at the time. Even today you still have those random "who" black kids who pull some engineering feat out of garbage and get picked up by a American university.
>>
>>8391612
Not really, once you get past the idea that somehow intelligence is a huge limiting factor, and anybody can learn anything.
>>
>>8392932

what the fuck is this supposed to be?

tl;dr why?
>>
File: hawking7.jpg (40KB, 531x550px) Image search: [Google]
hawking7.jpg
40KB, 531x550px
>>8391731
>a handful of 200+ IQ people
tell me sir how many people can you fill your hand with?

:^)
>>
>>8391791
>brain mass and density

Biggest brain is best brain!
>>
>tfw I will NEVER go to MIT.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.