[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could we slowly let out tanks of oxygen on the moon, until we

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: christmas2015fullmoon.jpg (1MB, 3240x3240px) Image search: [Google]
christmas2015fullmoon.jpg
1MB, 3240x3240px
Could we slowly let out tanks of oxygen on the moon, until we fill its atmosphere with enough we could breathe with or will its significantly weaker atmosphere let it out?
>>
There is no atmosphere on the moon
>>
>>8385936
see>>8385952

the moon simply cant hold onto one, its a tiny light bitch
>>
>>8385957
dissapointing
>>
>>8385936

Yes, we could. And while it's true that eventually it would all blow off into space, it would take tens of thousands of years or more.
>>
File: 1402491544345.jpg (52KB, 346x339px) Image search: [Google]
1402491544345.jpg
52KB, 346x339px
>>8385936
what is inside the moon
>>
>>8385936
You could. But the problem is to get the oxygen tanks. You need a LOT of them you see.
>>
>>8385978
More moon
>>
nope not possible due to the low gravity, the gas is not kept in the moons vicinity and will just escape.
Its like helium on earth. eventually al helium will have escaped earth. (new formation due nucleo synthesis/radiactive decay)
>>
File: A pompous big round rock.jpg (417KB, 1440x1465px) Image search: [Google]
A pompous big round rock.jpg
417KB, 1440x1465px
>>8385936
3/10 shitposting. Try better next time.
>>
>>8385978
Double "O"
oo
>>
>>8385957
What if we build a giant plastic bag around it though?
>>
>>8388802
Kek
>>
>>8385978
Hitlers secret base
>>
>>8385936
-not enough gravity
-no magnetosphere
>>
>>8385936
It'd float away into space just like you should.
>>
I believe the lifetime of an Earth-like atmosphere on the moon is something like 10,000 years, on Mars it is about one billion years.
>>
>>8390012
is terraforming mars possible?
>>
>>8390029
yes

"is it feasible" is another question entirely
>>
>>8390047
what about shooting a laser at mars to melt its core to get it spinning again?
>>
>>8390068
>>8385991
are all planet and larger body cores solid/really hot?

like I europe being an ice sphere with only water inside
or neptune being just gas

actually I was really sad when I learned neptune was not like earth just a windier and colder version I dreamed of living on neptune when I was tiny
>>
>>8390604
>are all planet and larger body cores solid/really hot?

What else could they be? You're not going to find a gaseous core supporting the kind of mass any of the planets contains, even the gas giants almost certainly have solid nickle-iron cores and if not that, then certainly solid cores of some kind.

As to being cold, Mars is still hot inside even tho its core has cooled enough that it doesn't spin, Mercury is hot inside but that's from the tidal forces of the sun.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.