[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't magic real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Why isn't magic real?
>>
File: 1462198009190.jpg (418KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1462198009190.jpg
418KB, 800x1000px
How do you know it isn't?
>>
It is, we're just out of mana.
>>
>>8385832
it is, but it only works when people believe in it.
>>
>>8385832
Because it would be called physics.
>>
>>8385832
Magic is just a word for science that we don't understand yet.
>>
>>8385832
I'd like to give her my crystal scepter if you know what I mean.
>>
>>8385848
Why would someone be scared of Maxwell's equations?
>>
>>8385832
at first I thought it would be great if magic existed liked creating food and solving problems

but then I realized that there would probably mainly be bad things like people getting turned inside out or replacing your food with gross stuff and other less fun things people more easily could do to eachother
>>
>>8385912
The guy gets sick from electricity in Better Call Saul, it's a joke anon.
>>
>>8385938
the end of the last season triggered me
it is like they just wrote it that way to force a whole next season
sauls actions made no sense
I can feel the rustles coming back already

electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a placebo joke right?
>>
>>8385832

If magic worked, it would be technology.
>>
>>8385945
>electromagnetic hypersensitivity is a placebo joke right?

Yeah. There are actual people who believe they have that condition. Most of the time it's just social- or agoraphobia with weird rationalization.
>>
>>8386009
I heard they completely fail tests where they are exposed to or think they are exposed to it but fail to classify whether they were exposed or not

I am slightly inclined to agree to objections to that, like maybe the effects take a while after exposure to become apparent.

But it puts a few nails in the coffin
>>
>>8385945
It's supposed to symbolic I think. "Afraid of the light" and all that. Both brothers embrace darkness in their own way.
>>
>>8385832
>Why isn't magic real?

it is, you just don't know what it looks like.
>>
Magic that actually adds something to the story (and can't be compensated for with technology) is usually magic that you wouldn't want to exist anyway.
There are a couple of notable instances in LOTR and GoT, but I think the one instance that really made a character for me was from the first three Dragon Lance books. A formerly hopeful mage was cursed by a lich with frailty and eyes that couldn't see life or beauty. Everything, including people, appeared to be in a state of advanced decay to him. That's interesting. That's something that ends up building up the character into a harsher, more cynical person.
>>
>>8385832
Those tits are magical
>>
>>8385832

Define magic.
A lot of things we do nowadays would be considered magical 500 years ago.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.