[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever met an actual child prodigy? How good was he?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tao.jpg (18KB, 320x460px) Image search: [Google]
tao.jpg
18KB, 320x460px
Have you ever met an actual child prodigy? How good was he?
>>
*introduces myself*

ask me anything
>>
>>8385274
What are you good at?
>>
>>8385276
maths

I self taught programming at 12 and calculus 1&2 from 14-15
>>
>>8385285
So you're just the king of brainlets?
>>
>>8385291
you forgot the sire at end, thegn
>>
>>8385272
>implying everyone on /sci/ isn't a child prodigy
fuck off brainlet
>>
>>8385285
this is literally a prerequisite to post on this board.
>>
File: Richard-Stallman.jpg (60KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Stallman.jpg
60KB, 480x411px
>>8385285
>self-taught programming at 12
>prodigy
>>
>>8385391
12 hours after conception nigga
>>
>>8385285
I did that too, in 1983. No Google to cheat with, no computer to connect with the world wide web that didn't exist yet, for that matter.

>Get on my level
>>
>>8385453
Whoa, settle down there Gramps. You know the doctor said not to get angry at people on the internet or your heart might give out again.
>>
>>8385453
>implying I had anything but man pages
old age and failure has clearly done your nut in, grandad
>>
>>8385272
I've met child prodigies in music, especially violin. A lot of them I met simply just developed the connection
"Oh, I like this, if I do it a lot and practice correctly, I'll get good."

Talking to them was similar to speaking to a normal adult, their social cues and gestures weren't that of a child but a 30 year old. Besides autistic savants (literally not 4chan's definition), my experience is that their social maturity is also significantly greater. Maybe it's a music thing given their exposure to adults though.
>>
>>8385272
Yeah I met Mozart
>>
>>8385285
Rofl
>>
I haven't met any, but my elementary teacher(s) treated me a if I was going to become the next genius. She introduced me to all the branch teachers when I was in 1st grade, sent me to "knowledge competitions", made me take an IQ test (which I doubt was legit). All because I was faster than others at grasping English and because I was able to do basic math that was more complex than what they taught at 1st and 2nd grade, and because I could recite some stuff I heard on Natgeo or discovery channel about astronomy.
After elementary it turned out that to be succesfull you actually did have to work, so I just stopped seeming "genius" (naturally) and people around me just stopped caring.
I think a true genius would need less of an environmental support to keep being a genius. And if one's lazy, no matter how smart he is, whatever genius he has is going to waste.
Now I am a [spoiler]linguistics[/spoiler] major and am looking forward to the day where I'll just settle at my village and do nothing until the day I die.
>>
went to class with a guy who did maths four grades above his age. he did functional analysis at age 17 iirc.
>>
>>8385272
>HE
>>
>>8385655
This unequivocally has to be the case of almost everyone here that starts an IQ thread.
>>
Who here at UWaterloo has met the 12 year old?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.