[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature recommendation thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

Hello /sci/, chemistry student speaking. Pic related helped me out in the past, right now I'm looking for some good subject literature. Recommendations outside are welcome as well. Doesn't have to be textbook form, any book/article will do.
>>
*outside chemistry
I cannot type
>>
>>8384346
>fag & fag & warren helped me, looking for more on this topic

Warren's "The Disconnection Approach"

Deslongschamp's "Stereoelectronic Effects in Organic Chemistry"

Flemming's "Molecular Orbitals and Organic Chemical Reactions"

Czako and Kurti's "Strategic Applications of Named Reactions in Organic Synthesis"

That review (in Chem. Rev.) by Greg Fu, Dave Evans, and that one other obnoxious cocksucker:
"Substrate-directable chemical reactions"

Dave Evans' problem bank
http://evans.rc.fas.harvard.edu/problems/index.cgi
and lecture notes
http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k7863

>Albright Burdett Whangbo
lel
>>
>>8384363
good taste pham
>>
File: 1463466927939.png (178KB, 398x315px) Image search: [Google]
1463466927939.png
178KB, 398x315px
>>8384363
>fag & fag & warren
>>
File: zorich.jpg (9KB, 165x250px) Image search: [Google]
zorich.jpg
9KB, 165x250px
Best analysis (and possibly math) book in existance. Enjoy.
>>
>>8386280
>analysis
>not rudin

it's like you're not even serious about analysis.
>>
File: NMR_applications.jpg (2MB, 3072x2457px) Image search: [Google]
NMR_applications.jpg
2MB, 3072x2457px
Does anyone have literature/textbook reccomendations for those interested into getting into spectrosposy? I am thinking of getting into research with that, but would love to read more and educate myself on it
>>
File: 51XL7znKEZL.jpg (35KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
51XL7znKEZL.jpg
35KB, 367x500px
>>8386443
I can't give any good recommendations for introductions on the subject, but this book is really great for developing your foundations and for general reference
>>
>>8386443
Derome is pretty good - for synthetic chemists.
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-NMR-Techniques-Chemistry-Research/dp/0080325149

If you actually want to be a 'spectroscopist', you'll need something else.

IIRC Rudi Nunlist was an electrical engineer, not a chemist, by training and he was designing and building (w/Bruker) spectrometers 40+ years ago, ultimately becoming the director of the NMR lab at Cal.

Point being that chemistry is not the best entry into absolute mastery on this topic.

If you are familiar with this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloch_equations
good for you, if not, there's a starting point.
>>
>>8386479
I am physics major, this looks like very good information. Thank you!
>>
b u m p
>>
b
>>
File: GATE2011AT1.png (10KB, 429x183px) Image search: [Google]
GATE2011AT1.png
10KB, 429x183px
Can anyone recommend a good book or resource for Automata theory.

Second year undergrad fag kind of level.

Thanks.
>>
b u
>>
hey guys
any of you know some microelectronics or circuit analysis textbook that covers regulated power supplies in detail? Sedra talks very briefly about it and my professor is shit
thanks
>>
File: 145186992586.png (307KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
145186992586.png
307KB, 750x750px
>>8390788
Parsing Theory, Vol I: Languages and Parsing, by Seppo Sippu and Eljas Soisalon-Soininen. The first charpter gives the mathematical background: relations, functions, monoids, closures and languages; third chapter is where this background is used to develop automata theory, and it is here where the authors state the main theorems on the subject like equivalences among automatas, langauges and regular expressions. The rest of the book and the second volume develop parsing theory. It's one of few books that mathematicaly develops automata theory and, to me, the best one.

By the way, Sippu's book is not a programming book; if you need somethig that mundane, you should read "Algorithms on strings", by Maxime Crochemore, Christophe Hancart, and Thierry Lecroq.

Cinderella book and others similar to it are shit-tier.

Automata, languages, and machines (Volumes A and B), by Samuel Eilenberg should be useful too, but this is and old one.

Elements of automata theory, by Jacques Sakarovitch, develops it mathematically and has lots of examples (something teidous to me).

A course in formal languages, automata and groups, by Ian Chiswell is a good book too, but it starts in a Hopcroft/Ullman-fashion, since it supposes you already know the basics of automat theory. But once you have read Sippu's book (chapters 1 and 3) you must not have problems reading Chiswell's.
>>
Reminder to visit the AEL for ebooks
ftp://joelixny.ddns.net/The%20All-Embracing%20Library/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.