[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone knows something about DSP here? I am trying to measure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Anyone knows something about DSP here?

I am trying to measure the similiarities between the power spectrum of two audio signals, but I don't really know how to do it.

I basically want to end up with a plot with peaks where the spectrum is the same.

I would like to understand how to do it mathematically, and then use scilab or matlab to do the computation.

So, any help or reference would be hightly appreciated.
>>
>>8384084
Do you currently have them in the time domain?

You don't care about phase at all or do you?
>>
File: bromethus.png (57KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
bromethus.png
57KB, 259x253px
U just need dat FFT https://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ref/spectrogram.html
>>
>>8384265

Hey,Sorry I just came back.

Yes, I exported them to scilab with the command

[x,S,bits] =wavread("D:\Trabajos\Musica\Proyecto delay\basic delay sin.wav");

So, the signal would be on the variable "x".

Let me explain a bit further.

One is the original signal (an audio track)

The other one is the original signal with a simple FIR delay applied.

The transfer function of the delay (basically a comb filter) is H(z) = 1+gz^(-M), where M = delay time * sampling frequency

I want to analyze bot signals to prove in practice the theoretical results of the analysis of the filter, that is:

-It affects the frequency domain, as a comb filter
-The group delay also has the form of a comb, introducing phase distortion

Thanks.
>>
>>8384084
you can read more about dsp here
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/DarksydePhil
>>
>>8384084
This is not trivial. You can start by reading up on target factor analysis and principal component analysis. And try not to get bogged down in the small controversies regarding the utility of them.
>>
>>8384292

>This is not trivial.

I am a bit in a hurry....but I guess I will have to enter deep into the topic if there is no other way to do it....
>>
>>8384301
just look at what i posted here
>>8384271
this matlab function does everything you need,
just create a spectrogram from each signal and then create a difference function between them
>>
>>8384330

Okay I will, thanks.

Should I read and understand this tutorial too?

http://es.mathworks.com/help/signal/examples/measuring-signal-similarities.html

It seems useful. But I will have to adapt everything to scilab, since is what I am using for this project.
>>
>>8384342
what you found is better actually
I don't really use MATLAB so the spectrogram function was just the first catchall approach I could find

In fact the page you found shows you how to directly generate a "Power Spectrum" for each signal. Here is a more specific link https://www.mathworks.com/help/signal/ug/power-spectral-density-estimates-using-fft.html

This is a more direct approach than what I suggested, but spectrograms are fun too.
>>
>>8384342
sorry, i just realized you're using scilab

I think what you need is "pspect"
>>
>>8384364
>>8384356

Well, I will try to make something out of all of this.

Hopefully, I will be able to extract some practical conclusions related with the phase and frequency distortion.

Thanks.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.