[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have a GPA below 3.0 should I just end it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: RIPEPE.png (156KB, 1023x619px) Image search: [Google]
RIPEPE.png
156KB, 1023x619px
If I have a GPA below 3.0 should I just end it?
>>
>>8382530
>GPA
What is this American meme I keep hearing about?
>>
>>8382530
Absolutely not. Solve whatever problem is keeping you from getting good grades.
>>
>>8382543
It's pretty much equivalent to the make and model of Mercedes u can afford in ur track-pants-suited country
>>
>>8382543
Grade point avarage. So just an average of the grades. Somehow they manage to turn something like [math]\frac{3A + 1B + 1C}{5}[/math] into a rational number between 1 and 4.
>>
>>8382530
Take an off year and work. when you get back into the classroom you will be 1000x more motivated to do well so you don't have to work shit jobs anymore. I had bad grades, and knew that a good education would let me go where i wanted to go but blew dicks in school because lazy fuck. An off year was a dose of reality that kicked my ass into gear. Also it gives you spending money to blow
>>
>>8383150
The exact opposite is true when you get a good job.

Finished an internship at Stanford and I struggle to go to lecture since it seems so moronically slow.

Luckily I dont need to unless theres a quiz...
>>
>>8382530
You had a party hat when you where little, maybe if you wear a party hat now you'll have a happier life.
>>
No, just study more. GPA isn't representative of how much you understand the content more so than how much you study.

It's only representative of the former if you study a lot and still don't get it when the test comes, which in that case, just got to tough it out. I pulled my GPA up from a 2.7 in 1st year to a 3.95 in 2nd year, (my cGPA is still shit though) so it's definitely possible.
>>
>>8382543
Grade Points

A = 4
B = 3
C = 2
D = 1
F = 0

multiply the number by the "credit hours" of the course and then divide by total number of credit hours and you get a Grade Point Average.
>>
>>8383150
Yeah, what this guy said. I had a 2.3 GPA and now have 3.7. Living the shit life that poor people live will motivate you to do well.
>>
>>8382530
No, gpa isn't really that important unless you want to go to grad school or professional school (med school, law school, etc.). Then again, after a few years of work experience gpa begins to mean less, and generally the standardized test (GRE, LSAT, etc.) is more important.
>>
>Have a 2.4 GPA in the chemistry department
>Work stockroom
>Best worker there, boss loves me
>2nd year into a research fellowship, professor loves me
>Name on two manuscripts so far
>Professor begs me to stay for grad school
>Whole department behind me if I want to come

GPA is a meme. Just show that you're a good student and do good work in the end when it really matters. In my case, my GPA is shit because I didn't give a fuck for my first two years, and had to play catch up ever since.
>>
>>8382661
Can you actually kill yourself?
>>
>>8383607
>staying in your own shitty school for graduate education

jeje
>>
>>8383629
Good placement rate, and with my shit GPA I'd say an M.S. is better than no M.S.

Plus, I'm currently deep into my Japanese language education, and with an N2 and so many publications, nobody will really care which grad school I went to.
>>
>>8382530
>3.0
That's about average in our department.
>>
>>8382530
Internships and Research is gong to matter way fucking more for grad school/getting a job.
>>
>>8383642
My department's average gpa was below 3.0. That's what you get when you do a hard major in a school with grade deflation.
>>
File: 1435966603604.png (54KB, 249x243px) Image search: [Google]
1435966603604.png
54KB, 249x243px
>>8383546
>mfw I just found out I'm a 4.0 student heheh XD
>>
dude what hell, my gpa is pretty low too.

I bombed my physics II exam today too and I need to clean up shit studying habits. Any tips or routines you guys follow? I can't afford to keep being a shitter.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/17625477
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.