[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I prove that I can put the differentiation operation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 83.gif (5KB, 326x176px) Image search: [Google]
83.gif
5KB, 326x176px
How can I prove that I can put the differentiation operation inside an infinite sum? Like Fourier Series.

Pic related.
>>
>>8381200
>sen
is this the retarded version of sine?
>>
>>8381211
It is the spanish version of sine.
>>
>>8381215
so yes?
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 490x278px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 490x278px
I found this. Can anyone help me prove that I can do that with bn*sin(npix/L)?
>>
>>8381200
You can simply rely on the fact that the derivative is a linear operator. That is to say that it has the property that given a sum of two functions f and g, the derivative of their sum D(f+g) is equal to Df + Dg, where D is the derivative operator. Therefore, if you have D(sum(dicks)), you can rewrite it as sum(D(dicks)) where dicks represents some function that OP sucks
>>
>>8381226
I know that, but it doesn't apply on INFINITE sums.
>>
>>8381200
I'm really, really fucking drunk, but you justify this with a uniform convergence argument like >>8381223
Consult any analysis text for a proof
That sine converges uniformly is more or less immediate from the definition as a power series
>>
>>8381231
Sure it does. What you're confused about is whether or not the resulting series converges, which the theorem you just posted proves for you. Linear operators have that property I mentioned regardless of the amount of terms in the sum.
>>
>>8381235
Could you recommend me a text?
>>
>>8381236
Linear operators can always be pulled inside of finite sums, but not always infinite sums.

Example:

Define [math] g_n(x) [/math] so that
[math] \sum_{k=1}^n g_k(x)=sin(nx)/n [/math] for each n

(for example, let g_1=sin(x) and [math] g_n=sin(nx)/n-\sum_{k=1}^{n-1}g_{k}[/math])

On the one hand,

[math] (d/dx) \sum_{k=1}^{\infty} g_k(x)=(d/dx)\lim_{n\to\infty} sin(nx)/n=(d/dx)0=0 [/math]

But

[math] \sum_{k=1}^{\infty} g_k'(x)=\lim_{n\to\infty}\sum_{k=1}^n g_k'(x)=\lim_{n\to\infty} (d/dx) \sum_{k=1}^n g_k(x)=\lim_{n\to\infty} (d/dx) sin(nx)/n=\lim_{n\to\infty} cos(nx) [/math]

which is not even a well-defined function
>>
>>8381305
Naw just do it faggot
>>
>>8381247
Baby Rudin, chapter 7
>>
>>8381315
>shown explicit example where it gives you the wrong answer
>"just do it bro"

w e w e w

e

w

e

w
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.