[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Olanzapine and anti-psychotics + Anti-depressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: drivedub.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
drivedub.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
Going to be prescribed Olanzapine (Zyprexia) in an hour for anxiety. Can you guys tell me some stories of you or loved ones that have taken it and did it help them?

Bonus question: can I be prescribed anti-depressants whilst on these and if so which is the best med to take with it?

Britbong here, free on the NHS. :^)

Also thank you for the replies! If I'm on the wrong board do please direct me to the right on.
>>
>>8374116

Getting a shower (OP here) will reply in 20 minutes.
>>
>>8374116

OP Here, thread closed. Going to appointment now.
>>
I have no idea. you might like to talk to your doctor. what's your dx, is it a type of anxiety disorder, trauma, etc. or anxiety secondary to other disorders, and so on? There are many types of anxiety, and zyprexa might be indicated for some of these kinds and not others.
>>
>>8374116
as a pharmacist, it is always best without pills
>>
>>8374169
>always

surefire way to know that someone is wrong is when they use that word about some complex issue.
>>
>>8374116
>Britbong here, free on the NHS.
>NHS
>free
>>
>>8374178
I am talking when it comes to depression right now, since that is the topic at hand

plus my wife has bipolarity disorder I, and she's been on antipsychotics, antidepressants, etc, I also said I am a pharmacist not a psychiatrist, either way I know what im talking about since I've been dealing with her moods for several years now and I stand by what i said, but hey do offer something to the conversation, unless of course you were just trying to sound clever
>>
>>8374190

New anon here

>either way I know what im talking about since I've been dealing with her moods for several years now

So any piece of anecdotal evidence can counter your anecdotal evidence? Especially since I study mental health, and the brain in general, at a medical school that is part of a top 10 global university?

Antidepressants are efficacious, but they may or may not be the best route for a given patient. That does not mean it is """always""" better without pills. Plus I myself am on antidepressants, specifically an SSRI, and it has improved my quality of life. My own personal experience of most of my life > someone you married
>>
After reading this thread I'm never taking anything said by anyone on /sci/ seriously ever again. Even if they sound like they know what they're talking about.
As I'm actually somewhat knowledgeable about the subject at hand, it's clear to me that people are just blowing smoke up their anuses. So I'm going to assume they same is true for areas I'm less knowledgeable about such as physics, math and the like.
>>
>>8375443
>WAAAAAAAA IM RIGHT AND """EVERYONE ELSE""" IS WRONG, IM DEFINITELY NOT BLOWING SMOKE UP MY OWN ANUS WAAAAAAAAAAA
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.