[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Computer Science and Engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Knuth_b.jpg (327KB, 1500x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Knuth_b.jpg
327KB, 1500x2100px
Computer Science and Engineering thread

Let's aggregate all of the related subjects discussed on /sci/ in this thread and see how many /sci/entists are interested in this field.

Bothe theoretical and practical Informatics is appropriate here.
>>
Okay I'll start:
Is Artificial Intelligence at its core anti-human? Or it is the next stage of human development?
>>
Possible subjects:
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Programming
- Programming Languages
- Object Oriented Programming
- Automatas and Languages
- Algorithms and Data Structures
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networks
- Data Bases
- Software Engineering
- Database Applications
>>
>>8372918
It's good to separate AI known from science fiction and philosophy from AI known in Computer Science, where it is about finding algorithms and methods for a computer to imitate "intelligent" behaviour. This is not strong AI in Sci Fi sense.
I wouldn't say it's anti human or transumanism.
>>
Can 1024000000 bits of high entropy data be compressed to 1024 bits?
>>
>>8372928
I'm not familiar with Information Theory, but I think there is some theoretical limit to possible compression.
>>
I'm curious, has anyone other than me ever tried for months to think of a sorting algorithm faster than quicksort?
>>
>>8372936
What if we use Quantum Memechanics
>>
>>8372946
I haven't but I've seen a cool joke on /prog/ some time ago.

The O(1) Intelligent Design Sorting algorithm.
Input: Unsorted array
Output: Same array, it is sorted according to some intelligent order that we do not know about or understand.
>>
>>8372949
I've only seen the very basics of quantum informatics, but even there I don't think there was anything about compression, rather distributing encryption keys, using Shor's algorithm to crack RSA etc.
>>
Are all problems that we know so far that are in NP, but we are not sure if are in P, NP-complete?
I'm curious about the idea that the complement of P in NP be the set NP-complete.
>>
Also, does anyone have a good recomendation about the use of multi-agents in aproximation algorithms in problems of optimization?
I have never studied multi-agents before, I'm preparing to try to publish my first article, so a "gentle" introduction would be nice.
>>
>>8373164
You either have a problem in P, NP-hard or NP-Complete class.
If there is no known P algorithm for some problem in NP class, then I think they're in NP class.
>>
>>8373171
I don't know about agents, but I've seen some interesting evolutionary algorithms used for optimization and one of them was Particle Swarm Optimization.
You can find minimum or maximum of a function with many arguments.
If you treat a particle as an agent... nah, probably you won't sell it.
Good luck anyway.
>>
Did anyone manage to actually use a quantum computer to do something "better" than a normal (super) computer?
>>
>>8373186
That's a good question, I don't know, but you may try yourself. IBM has Quantum Experience service, you may create an account there and use their 5 qubit system with a bunch of quantum gates to do some computation. The last time I checked they had a graphical interface to drag and drop the gates on a qubit lines, a simulator and real hardware. It was free when I created the account.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.