[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if you ate a tiny cube with no nutritional value, except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20160909-205517.png (753KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160909-205517.png
753KB, 1280x720px
What if you ate a tiny cube with no nutritional value, except 20,000,000 calories? Would you just slowy gain fat over time? Would you just die? C'mon /sci/
>>
What?
>>
>>8352849
define nutritional value
>>
You'd probably burst into flames
>>
>>8352849
Probably just die.
>>
>>8352849
You would die, because you've just consumed a substantial amount of radioactive material. Nuclear fuels are the only substances with that kind of usable stored energy, and consuming them is a bad idea. (Even ignoring radioactivity, uranium and plutonium are very toxic heavy metals.)
>>
>>8352849
You would vomit or die. Your metabolism would be overloaded.
>>
>>8352849
Depends entirely on what its made of. Petroleum has a high calorific content but eating it wont make you fat
>>
>>8352867
Made of a new space material that has alot of calories. Fucking hell just answer the question instead of trying to be witty. Chemical makeup doesnt matter in this question, just calories.
>>
C'mon sci the calorie is an outdated unit of energy.
Assuming we're not talking about E being equal to mC^2 and all that.
20000000 calories is equal to 83680000000J.

A cubic cm of steel has basically no nutritional value and a mass of 8g. Specific heat capacity of steel is 510J/kgK.
Bit of a stir...
2,050,980,392K.
So yeah bit hot. You'd die.
>>
>>8352904
Your question has been answered, this will end badly for you and the crab.
>>
>>8352904
>Chemical makeup doesnt matter in this question
Its all that matters. I bet you're one of those people who thinks 1000 calories of sugar and 1000 calories of protein have the same metabolic effects
>>
>>8352849
Your body probably wouldn't be able to absorb the full amount, much like taking shitloads of vitamins, the excess would probably just pass through your system.
>>
>>8352904
Then the question is nonsense, because there's no way to know how your metabolism processes Space Bullshit. It's a series of chemical reactions, not some abstract "calorie extractor"
>>
The body doesn't consume all the calories it ingests. It has to be in a form that is digestible by the microbes present in your gut. If your microbes can't digest it, you can't.
Nutritionists know nothing about microbiology, therefore the entire field is a joke.
>>
>>8352971
In case you can't put 2 and 2 together, anything not digested turns into shit. There are still lots of calories present in human feces. The human body is not an automotive engine or machine that perfectly burns everything put into it.
>>
>>8352849
weight gain fetish detected
>>
>>8352921
Protein and sugar aren't even processed in your body for the same things. You dumbass, let me put it this way, what if 12,000,000 calories were randomly put in your body?

>>8352958
t. man who can't read.

Thanks to anyone who answered the question seriously.
>>
>>8353003
That is the most disgusting fetish i've seen besides amputees and trypophobia. Fat people disappoint me. I just had this question on my mind.

Also answer this, your mom has 3 kids, north, south, and east. What's the 4 kids name?
>>
>>8353005
>12,000,000 calories
You would melt/explode/burn
>>
>>8353012
>Also answer this, your mom has 3 kids, north, south, and east. What's the 4 kids name?
It would only work if you said she had 4 kids, as it is youve named them all so you cant say its my name once I answer wrong
>>
>>8352849
i would die of benzene pisoning
>>
>>8352971
further info on these topics (microbio<->nutrition)?
>>
>>8353020
oh, my bad. Typo. still love you anon.

Technically, couldnt i say a mother with 5 kids has 1 kid though? I mean, she does have one kid, but i guess it's implied she doesnt have more than one in modern dialect. Basically i can say "your mother has 3 kids" if she has 4 and the sentence would be right, But i cant say "Your mother has 3 kids in total" and be right. It's honestly just implications right?
>>
>>8353037
Its very strongly implied, but not absolutely restricted
>>
>>8353047
thought so, still i'll admit i was in the wrong for not paying attention there. My apologies anon.
>>
>>8352849
that is a ridiculous amount of stored energy in a small area, anon
>>
But, what if you divide by zero
>>
>>8352849
?
You'd absorb a fraction of it and then poop the rest out
>>
>>8352849
theres no such thing as a calorie as a physical thing

a calorie means "materials that the body could turn into that amount of energy"

The materials needed to provide the body of 20.000.000 calories (with the mechanism the body normaly uses) would never fit in a cube.

youre question makes no sense cause youre no
>>
File: 1443031517575.jpg (124KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1443031517575.jpg
124KB, 2560x1440px
>>8352849
>tiny cube with 20000000 calories

Were not talking about food here anymore. Since calories are the same as joule, only upscaled (1j =~ 4,1cal) were talking about a material that gives out a lot of energy, like a gamma ray emitting material.

You would die of irradiation long beforeyour body could make use of the energy.
>>
>>8352910
1cm^3 of steel = 8g = bs
>>
>>8353773
It's 8g http://www.calculatoredge.com/matweight/material%20wt.htm
>>
>>8352849
>>8352904
You'd never get to use all those calories, your body would vomit/shit/piss them out with explosive force, in that order. Think Taco Bell type of afternoon mixed with swine flue and chugging a gallon of milk.

Unlike what most anons, ITT think, you wouldn't die. Your body has the capability to get rid of unwanted/too much stuff.
>>
>>8352863
>You'd probably burst into flames
this
>>
File: energon.jpg (58KB, 410x304px) Image search: [Google]
energon.jpg
58KB, 410x304px
>>8352849
Calories don't exist by themselves. You're thinking of energon.
>>
>>8352914
>this will end badly for you and the crab

Hahaha
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (944B, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
944B, 125x125px
>>8352849
INSTANT DEATH
>>
>>8352849
Calories come from the nutrients protein, carbohydrates and fats. Fats has the densest calorie per mass at 9 calories per gram. 20 million calories would be several thousand kilograms of fat.
>>
>>8355888
>20 million calories would be several thousand kilograms of fat.
Or about a gram of uranium
>>
>>8352849
you're literally talking about a sugar. your blood sugar would spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikke and you'd puke yourself into a brief coma. you could also suffer from a dehydration induced heart attack.
>>
>>8355962
2000000 calories of sugar would weight about 10 tonnes
>>
>>8352971
Sounds like you don't either, microbes aren't the only thing that digest food in your stomach
>>
>>8355888
Imagine a material so heavy that a cube with sides of length 10 cm weights 130 tonnes, a material whose density is significantly greater than the material in the core of the Sun. Such a material is being produced and studied by scientists in Atmospheric Science at the Department of Chemistry, the University of Gothenburg.
http://science.gu.se/english/News/News_detail/Ultra-dense_deuterium_may_be_the_nuclear_fuel_of_the_future.cid879280

Super dense carbohydrates when?
>>
>>8352849
Sounds like todays breakfast cereals....
My guess is that you would shit ur pants 7 times and turn yellow.
>>
>>8355967
What if you got a shrink ray and shrunk it so it was tiny but had the same energy?
>>
>nobody asked OP to clarify if he meant calories or Calories
>>
Thats approx 6250 pounds of fat, so a tiny cube would be so fucking heavy, if something placed it in your mouth and let go, it would go straight through you and into the earth.
>>
>>8356483
this is pertinent info /sci/

you failed
>>
The molarity would be approximately 9.044x10^-22
>>
>>8356483
>>8356500
no its not, a factor of 1000 makes no diffidence in this case

Its like asking if someone means C or K when they talk about T = 1 000 000 000. It doesn't matter Rex, dont interrupt the professor with your autistic bullshit, the billion was obviously rounded so it doesn't matter you retard. We didnt even use it in a calculation, it was just part of an explanation of how hot the universe was god dammit Rex, how did you even get into this class?
>>
>>8352849
Calories are just a unit of energy, so when you say it has 6 gagillion calories, you're actually saying it has 30 gagillion joules, which doesn't make sense if you try to put that much energy into a cube.
>>
Why dwell over the impossible?
>>
You'd shit out your ears, kid.
>>
>>8352849
You'd just die, eating the energy equivalent of 2 tons of TNT would do that to you
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.