[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /sci/ perform when presenting their ideas in front of peers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: index.jpe.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpe.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
How does /sci/ perform when presenting their ideas in front of peers?
>>
terribly because we're all autistic
>>
I secretly love giving presentations, no feeling is better than getting the audience to laugh with some offhand joke or turn of phrase. I wish I could do it more often.

>>8348287

I'm an autistic mumbling mess in one-on-one conversation though, it's really weird.
>>
I give extremely good presentations when I have time to prepare, because I can just practice until it's like a script. Any presentation that requires me to ad lib results in me getting anxious though.
>>
>>8348283
I pretty much go full-on autist mode in any sort of high-stakes situation, so yeah, I'm terrible at speaking.
>>
Before or after 1mg of xanax?

Because the before me is fucking terrible, but the after me is the life of the party.
>>
>>8348283
I think I've become quite good at it.

I was your typical autistic quite kid but since I got into mathematics I tend to be the first person to solve problems and prove new theorems "left for the reader" in class so the professors always tell me to go to the board and write down my proof.

At first it was awkward but because this happens almost every day I have become quite good at public speaking, at least in an audience of "mathematicians", and desu knowing that I am the best at what I do in my classes gives me a huge ego boost and has turned me into a mathematics bad boy.

Feels good.

>Mathematics cured my autism
>>
>>8348283
eh its been awhile but im always good at oral
>>
>>8348409
I'd say you're still autistic.
>>
File: 1425722903553.jpg (281KB, 640x686px) Image search: [Google]
1425722903553.jpg
281KB, 640x686px
>>8348283
>tfw afraid to speak in front of your "peers"
>>
>>8348417
Being able to speak to an audience is the opposite of autism.

tbqh sometimes I feel like one of those numberphile speakers. Feels good, maybe when I have a PhD I will invite Brady over.
>>
File: 1467763994568.jpg (5KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1467763994568.jpg
5KB, 255x255px
>>8348434
>sometimes I feel like one of those numberphile speakers.

>no no, I'm not autistic!

kek
>>
>>8348457
There is nothing autistic about talking about math... in a math class... for math majors.

Anon, are YOU autistic?
>>
>>8348483
No, I'm afraid you are the one who is autistic, since you do not understand this universal rule:

Talking about math is always autistic.
>>
>>8348489
If it was my choice I would have stayed the silent kid I was all throughout high school.

What can you really do when your professors make you go up to the front and explain your proof?

What can you really do when from doing it so many times it feels like you are stroking your intellectual dick?
>>
>>8348293
I never understood this either. How can people comfortably converse with any random individual but then shit their pants when they have to give a presentation where everything can go according to plan?
>>
>>8348503
Stop responding, it's bait.
>>
I tend to look at my feet and mumble something along the lines of "b-b-back that ass up".
>>
>>8348283
I don't like to but I'll do it. Some days I'm great at it, some days I'm a shaky awkward mess. I'm finding that the older I get the better I am at public speaking.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.