[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Natural light throughout the night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 400px-Sonnenrohr.svg.png (23KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Sonnenrohr.svg.png
23KB, 400x283px
I want to have natural light throughout the night. I theorized that I could make a tube of mirrors from a part of the world that has sunlight all the way to where I live. Is this at all possible? Theoretically speaking that is.
>>
Yes, how do you think we see the moon?
>>
>>8343899
I want to have a more powerful sunlight. Would it look like daytime light or no?
>>
>>8343887
Sure, but why not just go straight to the source? Build some mirrors going from your house to the sun itself.
>>
>>8343919
What about satellites? I also would want to do this as cheap as possible
>>
>>8343939
By that I mean would satellites get in the way of the tube?
>>
Why not build a mirrored chamber to fill with sunlight during the day and then let it out at night? The sunbeams would bounce back and forth inside until you needed them.
>>
>>8343943
Nigga you would melt the mirrors
>>
What about liquid nitrogen cooled mirrors?
>>
Quality thread.
>>
>>8343887
>>8343917
>>8343939
>I also would want to do this as cheap as possible

I would either work with heat lamps or regular lights and try to figure something out

if you fail to come up with anything consider asking /diy/ for suggestions

I'm assuming you want to actually light up your house at night and not just talk about having a satellite point a mirror at your house for sunlight all night. That would just be crazy and impractical.
>>
>>8344004
I would either work with heat lamps or regular lights and try to figure something out
The sun emits a continuous spectrum of radiation so I don't think regular lights would do the job, although I should note that OP would not be able to tell any difference with his eyes alone so this is purely for the fun of it.

OP the Sun's surface temp is around 6000 K so if you get something that hot it will produce sunlight. If you want even more accuracy, the sun's atmosphere is 75% Hydrogen and 25% helium and small traces of the other elements. So you could fill a room with these proportions of gases in order to get the same absorption lines. Finally, to get that beautiful blue Reyleigh scattering, you can fill another room in front of that with air at high pressure to simulate the full atmosphere of earth and some mirrors to get some of the cross-scatter too.
>>
>>8343887
mirrors don't reflect 100% of light.
light is very fast and will bounce off of the mirrors a lot.
the mirrors would absorb all of the light (as heat) very quickly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.