[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best fields of Chemistry (either pure or applied)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1450175756Robo-chemist.jpg (688KB, 1109x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1450175756Robo-chemist.jpg
688KB, 1109x1356px
What are the best fields of Chemistry (either pure or applied) to specialize in? Analytical is boring and underpaying, and the orgo pharma bucks meme is saturated. I'm looking into nuclear chemistry, is that a good field? What other subfields are worth looking into?
>>
I'm interested too, bump.
>>
Interested also, bump
>>
>>8343871
>no safety glasses
>no gloves

NICE PPE YOU GOT THERE
>>
>>8343979
That bitch is probably mixing glucose and food dye in an aqueous solution. No need to give a shit.
>>
>>8343871
I bet the woman in your picture just gives awful head. Like, I imagine she uses zero tongue and bounces her head slower than a fishing bobber.
>>
>>8343985
I like to imagine she's gay. I'd sit on her face and make her spell out the periodic table with her tongue.

Just go with what interests you the most op. It's not going to be easy no matter what. You're going to be a lab slave for a long time before you get to do the fun stuff. Start networking now.
>>
>>8343983

Five-star post.
>>
>>8343979
you dont need gloves at all times, and depending on the experiment if you wear glasses already, safety goggles are redundant

you know this, so stop being autistic
>>
>>8343871
biochemistry
>>
>>8343871
Does anyone know anything about Astrochemistry? I know it's fairly niche but it just seems awesome, spectra analysis of compounds thousands of light-years away. Anyone know much about the programs, international if need be?

I'm an Ausfag second year doing Chemistry & Botany double major but holding really solid grades and starting to think about postgraduate programs. I'd obviously have to pick up a bunch of Physics subjects for astrochem though.

Nuclear Chemistry would be way up on my list if we actually had a nuclear industry in this coal-fueled shithole and I certainly can't imagine another nation employing a foreign national.
>>
>>8343871
>Copper(II) sulfate
>>
>>8344553
its a whole lot of spectroscopy you need

in Amsterdam theres a research group which does really cold chemistry to get accurate IR spectra of molecules and then tries to find them in space
>>
environmental engineering will be the shit if people start caring about the environment and R&D
>>
>>8343871

Physical chemistry is pretty comfy rn, desu
>>
is there any field connecting molecular biology and chemistry other than biochem?
>>
>>8344713
Biochemical engineering.
>>
>>8344713
Biophysics maybe?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.