[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original concept for a fuel-free magnet propelled flying vehicle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

I've been thinking about this particular idea for a flying vehicle propelled by manipulation of magnetic force for a few months now. I got the idea after taking the bus from College of San Mateo to the Caltrain station after school. It's a beautiful bus ride with scenery of nature, the mountains, and huge redwood forests. Basically, it's a polymer prism or ball (whatever works), and the pilot sits inside. A is a rolling magnet cylinder and B and C are magnets of the opposite polar direction. Something like that. The pilot controls movement of the flying prism, or ball, and the steering options trigger certain locks or rolls of magnetic items. The whole propulsion system works by the opposing force between magnets.
>>
Why don't you draw a force diagram instead of a shitty MS paint pipe dream and think about how this is mean to propel something.
>>
>>8343746
Because it's a simple to understand system
>>
>>8343798
This could work but any vibration at all will perturb it and cause the magnets to stop moving
>>
File: F235RX1GXL6FHS4.LARGE[1].jpg (15KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
F235RX1GXL6FHS4.LARGE[1].jpg
15KB, 320x278px
>>8343733
lmao
>>
>>8343733
So, since relativity exists, what is holding this "machine" in air (counteracting gravity)? I doubt this moves fast enough to even consider wings
>>
File: 1431035985030.png (32KB, 761x552px) Image search: [Google]
1431035985030.png
32KB, 761x552px
>>8343913
>>
>>8343733
>I got the idea after taking the bus from College of San Mateo to the Caltrain station after school. It's a beautiful bus ride with scenery of nature, the mountains, and huge redwood forests.
Why did you feel the need to mention this?
>>
Just buy some monopoles from the Chinese and you're golden
>>
>>8344701
He's setting the scene you uncultured plebeian
>>
File: Theironyofsteel.jpg (42KB, 650x406px) Image search: [Google]
Theironyofsteel.jpg
42KB, 650x406px
>>8344669
ironically this would actually work (in space), NASA actually did it, its photonic propulsion.
>>
File: 1470854890328.png (38KB, 1008x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1470854890328.png
38KB, 1008x1032px
>>8343913
>>8344669
I can't believe I have to post this again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.