[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey sci! what's your opinion on destiny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: falsefag.jpg (46KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
falsefag.jpg
46KB, 500x332px
do you belive in destiny or it's just a meme? answer my question with scientific ideas.
>>
File: 1417260763201.jpg (626KB, 1280x884px) Image search: [Google]
1417260763201.jpg
626KB, 1280x884px
Destiny is a brainlet concept.

Assume that you're playing the game of chess with someone: If you lose, you might say that the defeat was destined to happen. But in reality you just did shitty moves, and some chess engine could show you exactly where you went wrong. The same applies in the world; there's just a lot more moves than in chess.
>>
>>8342761
there's nothing that chess cannot explain
>>
>>8342761
what if you are born with shit tier genetics and when you will in your 30s get non smokers lung cancer?
>>
>>8342722
Every time someone says something like "If it's meant to be, it will be"

I keep picturing someone pointing a gun at someone elses head, saying this about their survival.
>>
>>8342761
the universe is a mechanistic system of particles and waves. The present is the result of an unaccountably infinite number of particle collisions that summed up to form your entire life. Mathematically speaking, your life could not possibly exist any other way than the past allows for.
The word "destiny" implies the above but in far fewer words. Does that make it a brainlet concept?
>>
>>8343241
Implying reality is deterministic.
>>
>>8343241
yes
>>
>>8342722
>believe in superstitious claptrap
fgt pls
>>
Essentially real seeing as free will is a myth
>>
>>8342722
>>8342761
>>8343492
>>8343241
>>8343473
The entire universe is nothing but states of 1s and 0s. With sufficient information, you can plot the course of any future event. Due to this, everything is predestined. There is no chaos, there are only small minds who do not physically have the capacity to comprehend enough information. Nothing is chance, everything is predestined. This is the 1st definition of destiny.

That does not mean that some entity set in motion or is controlling your life. This is unable to fulfill the 2nd definition of destiny.

---

des·ti·ny
ˈdestinē/
noun: destiny; plural noun: destinies

1 the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future.
"she was unable to control her own destiny"

2 the hidden power believed to control what will happen in the future; fate.
"he believes in destiny"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.