/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys probably get enough /x/ questions as it is, but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: new.jpg (50KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
new.jpg
50KB, 640x480px
You guys probably get enough /x/ questions as it is, but I have a question I haven't seen brought up before.

There is no good evidence for "psychic" abilities existing in humans; these being able to communicate or attain information outside of normal physical interaction using only your mind or consciousness. "Mind reading", knowledge of events taking place somewhere else without those things being communicated to you, etc.

However, I have a different question. Are such abilities theoretically possible under the models of reality that we have? Ignoring metaphysical or spiritual causes for psychic abilities, let's say that these abilities are able to exist purely within the rules of the material universe. Is this somehow plausible?

To reiterate, I'm not asking if these abilities currently exist, but if they "could"
>>
>>8342513
Get a machine that does those things and put them in a human.
ez
>>
Well, information can be transmitted through the air using technology, so it could be possible for biological processes that could transmit and receive brain-to-brain communications?

Maybe. Probably not though because it sounds really fucking hard to do with biology.
>>
Supposedly Sony released a paper in 1998 which supports ESP phenomenon exists. They ended their research when they discovered they could not monetize it. I wish I could find that paper.
>>
>>8342513
Neural interfaces would let you communicate with other people with neural interfaces.

You could use neural interfaces to control robots and stuff over the internet. Because this is moving stuff remotely, it would be 'telekinesis'

>>8342521
Bullshit
>>
>>8342519
Good point. Given the already incredible complexity of biological life, it doesn't seem completely implausible. Not sure what kind of extreme circumstances would be able to produce this though.

>>8342521
That sounds really interesting anon.
>>
>>8342513
buy 2 emotiv epocs
program sockets to communicate
make device that sets of a current based on whats incoming broadcast data from epocs outward over le internet

profit you know have a global scale brain connector.
>>
>>8342513
>There is no good evidence for "psychic" abilities existing in humans

That is because it is biologically impossible for it to happen naturally. All technology solutions are not "psychic" solutions and are not psychic in any way.
>>
>>8342527
The ESPER lab was a real thing. People say they "proved" esp exists. Not having seen the body of work myself I can't claim it how valid it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT-fvjKGDqg
>>
>>8342513
No
Even if your brain had some kind of antenna in it that could pick up another person's broadcasted thoughts, nobody's brain uses enough power to generate a signal capable of being detected at any decent range.
You'd need some kind of super brain with way more wattage if you wanted to beam your thoughts for a thousand miles.
>>
>>8342513
Attach a radio to your brain along with a computer that translates between an individual's brain impulses (which mean different things per brain) and data.

We will most likely never have this technology.
>>
>>8342605
why not?
>>
>>8342605
>>8342751
We just did it with chimps

http://gizmodo.com/monkeys-text-at-12-words-a-minute-using-their-thoughts-1786573592
>>
>>8342513

Thoughts can be transmitted from one person to another through sound waves.
>>
>>8342513
It's not out of the question to entirely presume that a method exists by which two biological beings could communicate without any of the kinds of interaction required for communication between mammals.
Radio transceivers exist, presumably there might be some way that a biological thing can exhibit the same properties.
>>
>>8342546
Bullshit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.