[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mathematics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 450.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
450.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
Do you skip steps on your tests?
>>
File: 1417237223199.jpg (356KB, 1030x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1417237223199.jpg
356KB, 1030x1067px
I used to study math in university, but I stopped because they dropped my grades for stupid reasons. For example, I once checked what was wrong with my test answers, and it turned out it was full of red ink saying "you didn't explain this and this and that thoroughly enough", even though I verified from the course page that I got every single answer correctly.

My average math grade was about 3.25 out of 5 even though it should've been at least 4+ out of 5. I said "fuck you" like Van Darkholme and switched the major.
>>
>>8342367
Ur my hero

I want u inside me
>>
I had my first math lesson at university yesterday
I thought i was talented but I didnt understand a shit
Is it gonna always be like that?
>>
File: 1417247523199.jpg (1MB, 1344x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1417247523199.jpg
1MB, 1344x2016px
>>8342403
I'm sorry friend, but I only get hard for Koreans.
>>
>>8342413
Yes, it's only going to get worse if you have problems with the first lecture already.
>>
>>8342418
Fuck
>>
>>8342423
It's really up to you. You live in a time where almost anything is available to learn in your free time, if you want to put the extra time and effort in. Youtube is a solid resource.
>>
>>8342415
>I only get hard for Koreans.
Good man
>>
I spend the first twenty minutes leafing through the test determining how to solve each problem. Then the last thirty minutes is frantically writing all the details I can. The kind of problems profs like to give math majors makes that pretty ideal. Sometimes you have to stare at a proposition for five minutes with a stupid look on your face before you see a proof for it, and you don't want that five minutes to be the last five minutes.
>>
>>8342339

Tests are supposed to verify your knowledge.

Here, a written test is a legally official document and I might take a professor to court if a correctly solved problem is marked as wrong.

In general, skipping steps is a stupid idea.

I usually perform computations on scratch paper, and then copy on the official sheet of paper a "clean" version (leaving things like 1+1 and similarly obvious stuff out).
>>
>>8342413
>Is it gonna always be like that?

No, it's going to be much much worse.
Enjoy your ride.

Protip: you can work your ass out and learn stuff, take notes and review them later at home.

This will help a lot.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.