[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

a motorist drives south at 20 m/s for 3 min, then turns west and travels west at 25m/s for 2 min, and finally travels n/w at 30 m/s for 1 min. for this 6 minute trip, can someone help me how to get the average velocity, vecto displacement and average speed
>>
>>8338674
Give up, Physics is not for you.
>>
>>8338674
damn b it's only the first week kill yourself
>>
File: WildBeast-hires.png (398KB, 905x609px) Image search: [Google]
WildBeast-hires.png
398KB, 905x609px
>>8338674
>op
>>
>>8338674
Depends on how fully sick his car is uleh. How many killowasps under the hood cunt?
>>
>>8338674

Draw a picture.

You need to find distance traveled in a certain amount of time. You know speed is distance ÷ time; Hence, we have distance = time × speed.

Find the total distance traveled he travels in each section.

Then, we know that velocity is a vector quantity based on displacement. Displacement is measured as a single straight line from where you start to where you end. Thus, in your picture, you're going to use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the distance between the start and the end. This gives you the displacement, and then you just divide this by the total time the entire trip takes to get the velocity.
>>
>>8338674
kys its 2d motion. avg velocity is total displacement over time, displacement is xf-x0 and avg speed is 420m/s
>>
>>8338674
Hi, didn't want to create new thread.

But what the work done by a force is supposed to say?

I understand it like "well object now moves quite in the direction of the force applied so we'll say that it's something the force has done lel)))". Isn't it pointless to do huh?
>>
>>8339471
bump
>>
>>8339471

Here's an example of it being non pointless:

An object falls towards the ground from a height h in earth's gravitational field. Find its velocity when it hits the ground using energy, and then by using force.
>>
>>8339504
hm... I don't get this explanation :/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.