[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the conclusion on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
So what's the conclusion on this?
>>
There's hidden risks. Because of chaos theory you might create the next Hitler after an amount of time due to sitting.
>>
>>8336933
Ergonomy is broscience.
Just get a good chair. It's not like you have a job that involves standing up and talking to people or being outside anyway.
>>
>>8336933
Depends, but if you're active outside of work (strong back&core, cardio etc) then you'll be fine.
>>
>>8336933
not good for your cardiovascular system

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3560806/
>>
>>8336947
http://www.acsm.org/about-acsm/media-room/news-releases/2011/08/01/acsm-issues-new-recommendations-on-quantity-and-quality-of-exercise
>sitting for long periods of time – is distinct from physical activity and has been shown to be a health risk in itself. Meeting the guidelines for physical activity does not make up for a sedentary lifestyle.
>>
>>8337146
I didn't say it makes up sitting, I said you'll be fine.

Besides there's nothing you can do about work besides taking a short walk to the watercooler every 20-30 minutes or so.
What are you going to do? Work standing, running or lying down?

Sitting is normal. Stop pretending it's the evil.
>>
>>8337158
>I didn't say it makes up sitting, I said you'll be fine.
putting your health at risk is not fine

>Besides there's nothing you can do about work besides taking a short walk to the watercooler every 20-30 minutes or so.
>What are you going to do? Work standing, running or lying down?
standing and treadmill desks

>Sitting is normal.
so is dying of cancer, heart disease, etc. appeal to normality is a fallacy

>pretending
in other words: it hurts your feelings so it must be bullshit. what are you gonna deny next? evolution? maybe quantum mechanics? /sci/ obviously isn't the right board for you. try >>>/x/
>>
>>8337146
>sitting for long periods of time – is distinct from physical activity and has been shown to be a health risk in itself. Meeting the guidelines for physical activity does not make up for a sedentary lifestyle.
Yeah, these people are chimps. Their "guidelines for physical activity" can be satisfied with peddling a stationary bike for the length of a movie each week.

No shit that if you put in half an hour of weaksauce exercise mon-fri, that's not going to give you optimal health if you're completely immobile for the other 165.5 hours per week.
>>
>>8337199
shit bait 0/10 I wish children would leave 4chan.
>>
>>8337226
talk about dunning-kruger. that shitty strawman wouldn't even rack up enough MET-hs for their cardio recommendations in a well-trained individual. and no, you don't get to parrot a emotive contradiction without supporting evidence and debunking the mountain of mechanistic data showing the independent harmful effects of sedentariness. but we both know you'd never be able to do this because you're just some armchair pseudo-intellectual talking out of his ass
>>
>>8336933
I usually masturbate sitting down. Though sometimes laying down is more relaxing and ultimately produces better results, ie, a better orgasm and greater ejaculate volume, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>8337238
i am not >>8337158 and as you can see I already took the bait. in retrospect that was probably a mistake.
>>
File: 4a9e.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
4a9e.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
Honestly it's next to impossible to find a job that is physically optimal. It would have to involve very light physical activity on a regular basis, like being a gym teacher or something. The fact is most people either will get a comfy desk job or do hard physical labor that also has a chance of killing you or at least fucking up your back for life. The choice between the two is obvious.
>>
>>8336940
>job that involves standing up and talking to people or being outside anyway.

>Resident Aid
>Arbys

ya, i do.
>>
>>8336933
there's a point where you need to stop giving a fuck about what is bad for you so you can enjoy your life without worrying.

I'm all for not smoking cigarettes or drinking heavily everyday, but as soon as I have to worry about how much I sit in a day I am decreasing my quality of life, not bettering it.
>>
>>8336933
Doctors stand most of the day and walk around. They live longer than sitters.
>>
>>8337199
standing desks are a meme, standing in the same spot for hours is just as bad.
>>
>>8337285
t. someone who never exercized in his life.
>>
>>8339142
t. projecting fatty dyel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.