[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear Math people, Never forget how lucky you are. You were born

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 19

File: stupid-man.jpg (19KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
stupid-man.jpg
19KB, 660x371px
Dear Math people,

Never forget how lucky you are. You were born with high IQs, and the ability to comprehend the most beautiful subject. You won the genetic lottery.

Never forget how lucky you are.

Sincerely,
Brainlet with average IQ
>>
File: pepe18.jpg (59KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
pepe18.jpg
59KB, 500x499px
>work your ass off and struggle with a subject for 5 years at a university level
>get told you're 'lucky'
>>
>>8335985
>i worked hard
>therefore i can claim credit for everything, including being born in a prosperous time and place where my gift did not go to waste

yeah. you're not lucky...

ingrate
>>
File: despair.jpg (368KB, 840x700px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
368KB, 840x700px
>>8336011
>giving credit to some mystical 'gift' that you can't actually see, experience, or confirm the existence of
>>
>>8336011
I second this, my father is a rather smart dude in general, but at the time he had ability to study some serious shit was going down, so he was basically forced to start working as a mechanic, and there went his scientific potential
>>
>>8336156 cont'd
conditions have much more power over us that our inclinations and inborn capabilities combined
looking at the situation this way, being "lucky" is in fact a viable term
>>
>>8335985
I wish I had the intelligence lad... You ARE very lucky
>>
>>8336170
>conditions have much more power over us that our inclinations and inborn capabilities combined

Falsify this statement.
>>
File: JesseVenturaFeatured.jpg (197KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
JesseVenturaFeatured.jpg
197KB, 800x800px
>>8336264
falsify my cock in your ass
>>
>>8336170
You want to know how I know youre a liberal?
>>
>>8336321
shoot
>>
>>8335981
Nothing good came from math.
>>
>>8336325
>But your honour, he told me to shoot!
>>
>>8336018
You guys on this board are the ones who always talk about how intelligence is genetic or at least inborn in some way.
>>
>>8336426
idk where you got this idea from

>>8336351
is pretty common here
>>
>>8335981
I know how it feels. I got an IQ of 110. :/
>>
The thing is, like with many other things in life, you are not aware how precious is to have something that you always had, to the point that you believe that because something is true for you, it must be for everyone.

You can be a "brainlet" and work your ass off, and probably you will even get to decent results, but still very far from the brightest minds.

I mean, there are literally people coming from the same High School and same class that struggle with Calculus while your friend has an easy time, yes, he has to still study, but it comes easy to him, and maybe for you to achieve the same result you have to study 5 times the amount of hours, what do you think that is the cause of this? That not all of us have the same potential for all things, it doesn't even have to do with money or stuff like that (that can play a role, but not necessarily).
>>
>>8336449
How does that affect your ability to learn? I have a BS in physics and psychology and iq's has been wildly blasted as unscientific nonsense
>>
File: 1465537181142.jpg (1MB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465537181142.jpg
1MB, 1919x1080px
>>8336443
I agree with this.

Anyone can get good at math and everyone has to work at it to get good, but you can't deny that it just comes easier to some.

Friends of mine have excelled at math at an early age and told me that it was always pretty easy for them.

Then they go on to do fuck all after taking college level calculus classes in HS and here I am starting calc II my third semester at my community college.
>>
File: 8bitWojak.jpg (26KB, 673x625px) Image search: [Google]
8bitWojak.jpg
26KB, 673x625px
>>8335981

I still don't have gf though.
>>
>>8336491
No it hasn't. I don't know where you get that idea from. It's highly correlated with a wide variety of successes in various fields.
>>
>>8336491
Not him but i have the same IQ
i can't get into most stuff without reading it again at least twice. Its a pain in the ass but works most of the time
>>
>the most beautiful subject

Not in my opinion, Jack.

It isn't fun 'visualizing' Math. It's fun visualizing phenomena from which mathematical formulae may be derived from, or which mathematical formulae may help to explain. Visualizing phenomena also leads to increases in intelligence. So it isn't inherently genetic.
>>
>>8336586
Intelligence can't be improved, though
>>
>>8335981
thanks for the reminder anon
>>
>>8336589
That's an archaic belief.

https://grasshopperx.com/dr-charles-p-reinert%E2%80%99s-study-on-image-streaming-and-iq/
>>
>>8336679
No, it's the current consensus.
>>
Nump
>>
>>8336705
Not at all, every avenue of academia is screaming about how intellectual potental can be maximized
>>
>>8337853
But experts on intelligence say it's mostly slop. People with no expertise in the field say it can be improved.

It's like saying height can be improved.
>>
>>8337902
Height can be improved with leg lengthening surgery. Painful as fuck but works.

Oddly enough their biggest customers are womanlets.
>>
>>8335981
I am a math person, very good at it up to and including the few graduate courses I have taken so far. It is not the most beautiful subject. Art is the most beautiful subject - I mean great art in the classical style featuring anatomy, perspective, optics, and so on. It's also more difficult to do well than math.
>>
>high school
>failed algebra 1
>failed algebra 2
>one of the best writers in my school
>INTP
anyone else similar?
>>
>>8337939
Peoples tend to forget that IQ isn't necessarily linked with creativity. Being able to learn is useless if all your brain does is spouting whatever you stored in your memory without processing it.
>>
>>8337912
What's that have to do with intelligence?

Look up IQ of twins growing up away from eachother in completely polar opposite upbringing. They'll still have similar intelligence as adults.
>>
>>8337947
You can make your brain more efficient by eating better. Try supplementing your diet with Chlorella Algae and Omega-3 as well as exercising a lot.
>>
>tfw forgot how to long multiply

Fuck you, this shit is hard
>>
>>8337963
WTF do you mean?
Long multiplication of polynomials?
>>
>>8336544
kek
>>
>>8337902
Neurogenesis is dependent upon a plethora of environmental factors. Growth and atrophy, and whether one experiences either, depends on a multitude of variables pertinent to one's lifestyle and environmental settings.

Anyone can grow new neurons at nearly any stage of one's life.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2011/01/eight-weeks-to-a-better-brain/

http://www.ideafit.com/fitness-library/exercise-and-the-brain

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160208083606.htm

Correlation between intelligence and the size of the brain:

https://neuroscience.stanford.edu/news/ask-neuroscientist-does-bigger-brain-make-you-smarter

http://www.livescience.com/32142-are-big-brains-smarter.html
>Men are smarter than women
loool posting link solely because of that quote.

There, sadly, isn't a lot of research on Image Streaming; but anecdotally, in the past when I've practiced, I've noticed improvements in certain cognitive respects. It's more about sustaining an imaginative outlook.
>>
>>8337957

I can bet my fucking biochem exams that you haven't the slightest idea on how omega-3 works or why fats aren't going to affect your brain in any way ever
>>
File: pepe_punch.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_punch.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>8336419
>honour

>unnecessary "u"
>>
>>8336551
Correlation does not equal causation. :^)
>>
>>8337936
>It's also more difficult to do well than math.

Whatever you say, brainlet.
>>
>>8338246
>Americans
>>>/b/
>>
>>8338283
>on an American website
>hurr stupid muricans go b>>>
Here's your (You) kiddo
>>
>>8338288
fuck off you third world inbred low IQ monkey
>>
>>8338288
Try again. The owner is Japanese.
>>
File: 1461493440123.png (83KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1461493440123.png
83KB, 211x244px
>>8338288

>American website
>>
>>8338297
>america
>third world

Get off the internet and make your country not an actual third world country,
>>
File: GROWTHMIND.png (119KB, 250x286px) Image search: [Google]
GROWTHMIND.png
119KB, 250x286px
I equate Math to a language

We have:
Alphabet = [math] \gamma \quad \\mathb{T}[x]^\beta \quad \oint[/math]
Diaelcts = (Graph Theory, # Theory, VectorCalc, etc.)
Intensity/Depth of Conv = (Proof vs Examples)

You CAN learn. Choose YOUR lane for YOUR brain.
>>
>>8337957

This is /fit/ broscience, please remove yourself.
>>
File: moot.png (814KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
moot.png
814KB, 1600x900px
>>8338300
>the owner is Japanese

moot is not Japanese...
>>
>>8338330
who?
>>
>>8338330
dont you know moot is kill

im pretty much a newfag idk what that makes you
>>
>>8336544
This, quite honestly
>>
>>8336327
Here's your (You). Don't spend it all in one place.
>>
>>8338330
kek, gbt leddit
>>
>>8336705
Learn to tell the difference between politically correct bullshit and reality.
>>
>>8335985
>>8335981
Honestly OP, just study. You wont be impressing anyone here by studying simple algebra but eventually you'll get to the point where you can solve and comprehend complex equations. You probably won't ever see the world as a series of complex interrelated formulas but you do have the capacity of self improvement and increased comprehension of the truth.
>>
>>8338311
>america
>a country

Get off the internet and learn the difference between a country and a continent, uneducated faggot.
>>
I wish I was bad at math, I fucking hate it, but it's so easy.
>>
>>8336170
I agree, but OP is complaining that he wasn't born with the latent ability to understand complex math (I'm assuming he can do arithmetic). Even if he doesn't have the opportunity to study math at an advanced level he could still get himself a job that sustains him and study math in his free time. We aren't all born with a silver spoon in our mouth or a particularly powerful brain, but other than those with severe cognitive impairments we all posses the capacity to comprehend some higher level math. It really just comes down to how much work you have to put in and how much work you're willing to put in.
>>
File: pepe4.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
pepe4.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>8338405
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

>The United States of America (USA), commonly referred to as the United States (U.S.) or America, is a federal republic composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States#Etymology

>The short form "United States" is also standard. Other common forms are the "U.S.", the "USA", and "America".
>In non-English languages, the name is frequently the translation of either the "United States" or "United States of America", and colloquially as "America".
>A citizen of the United States is an "American". ... "American" rarely refers to subjects not connected with the United States.
>>
>>8338405
>america
>a continent

That's interesting... last time I check, North America and South America were considered two different continents.....
>>
>>8338441
>Something is considered accepted even though clearly technically wrong, I'm gonna use that as an argument!

>>8338444
Fine, worst case scenario America is North America + South America, but not the USA.

USA literally means United States OF America, only meaning that it is located on America, not that is all of America.

Besides it would be a logical fallacy to imply that America is inside North America
>>
>>8335981
>tfw you finish math undergraduate in 3 years
>>
instead of friends, i have spectral sequences and projective varieties

not sure if it was worth it
>>
>>8338492
I have neither :^)
>>
>>8335981
>tfw 145 IQ
>tfw can't into Maths
What's wrong with me?
>>
>>8338559
Your IQ test was a fluke.
>>
>>8338402
IT also takes intelligence and most of that is genetical. Some people just don't have it.
It's like asking a cripple to compete to run a marathon.
>>
>>8338854
>It's like asking a cripple to run a marathon**
>>
>>8338561
Taking IQ tests this seriously
>>
>>8336539
HS math wiz here,

The reason we do fuck all after college is that we really don't have to work hard to succeed, and while college math at the undergrad level isn't anything special, advancing your career past undergrad takes involvement in research and association with the right professors, which is much more effort (and passion) than was ever required to get into college in the first place.

I can't speak for everyone, but once I ran into that, i basically said fuck it and left. given that I actually only had to do 3 classes of core math after HS didn't help - I spent two years fucking around with the humanities requirements to just stamp out my degree, so by the end I was pretty checked out of math as a career path.

It's strange how born talent can actually be self-defeating, at times.
>>
>>8339960
Uni grad here.

Can confirm.

Completed HS Pre-Calculus with around 80%.
Uni Psych Stats (yes, even fucking Psych Stats) was significantly tougher to get a grade close to that, but still manageable.
Uni Intro Stats 1 + 2 starts getting to be a real challenge, one I couldn't even tackle due to 2, where you must utilize literally everything you'd learned from a previous term of Stats for more complex pile-ups of equations to determine macro probabilities without and within several variously-grouped groups of subjects.
Uni Intro Calculus I dared not even attempt. I have heard tales of men going mad, bursting into flame, transforming into beasts, tearing themselves apart, vanishing from existence, and other sordid fates from those halls of insanity.

It takes a fucking hero among the masses to ascend the ranks of the Mathematics echelons. Through natural-born affinity, a gifted environment, or sheer determination and effort, these people do what no one gives a single fuck of credit for, yet could never even breach in their lifetimes.
>>
>>8336544
I have an average IQ and no gf. I do well in university math courses though.

I hate feeling like I'm going to be alone forever. Everyone says such nice things about me but no one wants to date me.
>>
File: 1390043043174.gif (1MB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
1390043043174.gif
1MB, 480x470px
>hurr durr, you dun wan high iq boy, being so smart isolates you and makes you miserable hurr durr
>Implying I'm not already isolated and miserable
A 30 point increase would only benefit me.
>>
>>8340165
IQ is bullshit but studying on your own is super hard.

Honestly, smart parents and good teachers make the most impact. You need to put in effort but if you don't have good mentors very few people have the willpower to figure this shit out all on their own.
>>
>>8336491
I don't know if it's related to my IQ but I do have a lot of trouble focusing which naturally affects the time I take to understand whatever it is I'm studying.
>>
>>8335981
You can be a fucktard and a math major at the same time. I am, and many people are tbqh. It just requires either work or good bluffing techniques.
>>
>>8336491
>in physics and psychology
why
>>
>you were born with high IQs

No, they went to good schools just paid attention and developed a strong math foundation.
>>
>>8340180
> smart parents
This
I was born and raised literally around numbers and letters. My mother was very patient teaching me from the beginning. My father helped me a lot with maths as a pre-scholar. In my family there wasn't anybody who: "nerds, don't give him pressure, knowledge is boring!"

My whole family was very cool.(Grandparents, uncle and aunts, cousins, etc.)

On the other side, my grandma made all my homework while I got 10/10 grades as a prescholar.

I literally fucked my uni chance. Never studied before the age of 15. I just tended to look at the books' images and read some shit, and always paid attention in class and asked every question that passed on my mind like a retard.

There are some NLP exercises and frames of POV which can help focus on something you "can't" focus right now.
>>
>>8335981
dear OP. never forget how lucky you are. you are born with an average iq. you will never have to deal with all the baggage that comes with being gifted.
>>
>>8341283
>There are some NLP exercises and frames of POV which can help focus on something you "can't" focus right now.
PLEASE EXPLAIN OR LINK THEN! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>8339983
>It takes a fucking hero among the masses to ascend the ranks of the Mathematics echelons.
wew lad
>>
>>8336586
To you
>>
>>8335981
t. lazy dumbarse
>>
>>8336018
You're doing exactly that with the entity you call "you". Taking credit for things is practical, but illogical. You cannot control your thoughts, and you cannot control what things you will react positively or negatively too. It's about being randomly granted the experience of life where what influenced "you" actually ended up influencing you.
>>
File: 1434476259376.jpg (38KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1434476259376.jpg
38KB, 460x345px
>>8335981
>I'm too lazy to use my brain so I'll just call people who do well at math talented so I can tell myself it's not my own fault
>>
>>8337936
have you looked into the possibility that you might be a fag
>>
>>8338464
>I don't understand how language works
>>
>>8335981
I am average, I just work harder than you.
>>
File: 1428268173982.png (258KB, 681x433px) Image search: [Google]
1428268173982.png
258KB, 681x433px
>IQ
>>
File: 400px-Eckman_hilton_clock.svg.png (11KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Eckman_hilton_clock.svg.png
11KB, 400x376px
>>8337936
>hasn't experienced the sublime beauty of penetrating the secrets of the universe in mathematical form

What temporal art could compare to this?
>>
File: 8lBc2PI.jpg (872KB, 1805x2560px) Image search: [Google]
8lBc2PI.jpg
872KB, 1805x2560px
>>8341312
The first thing you have to do is to be in "state".
Everytime you are doing you have passion for, you feel "invincible" and powerful (your limiting beliefs aren't fucking with you). You are in state.

The reason you can't focus on something effectively, is because you don't put enough effort into it. It's hard to explain with the usual "popular" concepts. Those concepts have been manipulated over the centuries and they have "no sense" now.

Go read some books of Tony Robbins or some elite bussinessman. I'm reading a spanish book from Mario Luna right now. It helped me improve and escape from the depression-anxiety cycle I was living months ago.

I don't want to be a shill, but I've read Og Mandino, then Tony Robbins, then some "habits" books from a jew which helped me understand the relationships and the interdependence. I want to read now Robert Kiyosaki and Trump, maybe Ross Jeffries. There are a lot of books which aren't "magic" shit, that aim to the right direction.

Good Luck.
>>
>>8342287
Also, putting "effort" into something involves some vital factors you need. Also, while you are doing something you don't have an interent on your mind will be sabotaging your "motivation", so you will never achieve what you planned.

There is no magic formula. Only mental habits and beliefs, that you need to change voluntarily.
>>
>>8342287
>recommending Tony Robbins unironically

Nobody is going to take you seriously.
>>
>>8342451
I don't know what americans think about him, but he uses NLP for "association" therapies and explains the process of "motivation" and why do kids that are bad at something, days later, surprisingly, they are good at it. Frames of POV etc...

The R.Covey book I was reading before, explained also some the relationships effectively.

>Nobody is going to take you seriously.
I answered his question tho. If he still thinks there is a magic pill or a single aspect of his life that he must change, then let him be. The progress is effort and motivation. Nothing else.
>>
>>8342457
What causes motivation?
>>
>>8342870
First we need to make clear what is motivation.

Is it for example what you feel when you are fasting and your norepinephrine levels increase?

Is it the cause which lacks when you aren't doing what you have to do?

On children (elementary school), motivation is the key of early success. Unless they are retarded, children have great grades when they have interest on what they do.

This is what Tony Robbins think about motivation.
- An individual is the result of his habits.
- The perpetuation of the habits depends on the visualization of the person.
- Thus, the change of self-visualization will "motivate" someone to change its habits.

Of course, if someone thinks for example:
>"I'm not made for fitness"
>"If I visualize myself I'm fit, I'll be fit!"
This won't work for the obvious reason, that thinking you can move a mountain won't move a mountain. This kind of easy-answerable questions, are made by everyone. People fear getting hurt by "failure", but what's really ironic is that successful people tend to face numerous risky obstacles and "fail" at succeding.
I write quote "failure" because actual failure depends only on you. How can something that you can't control, be a failure? If you have done all you can do on something then it's primarily a success.
>"I've put all my effort on to x!"
If some strategy doesn't work, try another one. Or keep living the way you are living now. Fin.

So those postulates are the base of this method I used months ago.
- "Select an area of your life you would like to improve and describe what that area is like for you currently. Be specific!"
- "Write down the rituals that have shaped your current conditions in this area. Be honest!"
- "Write down what you want. What's your compelling vision? Be specific!"
- "Write the rituals that will get you your compelling vision. What would you need to do differently each day to get what you want?
The great thing about starting is that you get "inertia".
>>
File: 1464122243392.jpg (96KB, 651x768px) Image search: [Google]
1464122243392.jpg
96KB, 651x768px
>tfw have the ability and willingness to go far in math but I've wasted so much time messing around and my school is so shit i feel like I'm not gonna make it
Kill me.
>>
>>8340180

Read any quote from someone that matters about talent, they all say the same thing;
Talent is overrated, hard work will triumph over talent everyday.
Even business hiring departments will say they will hire someone without talent and high GPA over someone with talent and the GPA. The less talented applicant proved he's a harder worker.
>>
>>8336011
>Other people don't study as much as me and get better grades, they don't know what struggle truly is.

Quit whining you lazy fuck and do something about your life, jesus. Work harder and get better grades than them.
>>
>>8343360
>Even business hiring departments will say they will hire someone without talent and high GPA over someone with talent and the GPA. The less talented applicant proved he's a harder worker.
Well, yeah, because they know the "hard worker" won't think about things too much and will do whatever they tell them, like monkeys. They wouldn't waste their time hiring someone who's talented who would get bored easily by the mundane everyday tasks and eventually quit. Make the stupid one feel like they're accomplishing great things, and they will be your slave.
>>
>>8343360
That's management philosophy lads. And it comes from the fact that what you're asked to do as an employee is NEVER challenging. You never hire someone and put them on a job taking the risk they won't be good enough to manage their task, which is why you give them a job below their qualifications.
So yeah of course as an employee talent doesn't matter, all that's ask is that you be productive.
>>
>>8343092
What causes a change in self-visualization?
>>
>>8335981

> Have a friend who struggled with Math in my Physics major
> Took a crap ton of nuclear science oriented classes
> Worked himself to the point where he crashes every week and when he graduated, he went out of commission for several months
> Is now working as a full time plasma physics engineer

Depending on what you want in life and the hand your given, you gotta put in the effort to get it. Some people have to work harder than others.
>>
>>8335985
>5 years for a degree that takes 3
C's get degrees. amirite
>>
>>8335981
Some things in math required some sort of prerequisite knowledge and thinking patterns but other things really only are a matter of time spent on doing them over and over again.

There is something called the 10000 hour rule and it indicates if you spend 10000 hours on one thing you will get moderately if not outright good at it.

Math is just as much intuative skill as it is practice and perfection.
>>
>>8343795
That's too deep to go to tho.

It's fucking easy. But your limiting beliefs will be an obstacle.
>>
>>8344183
>There is something called the 10000 hour rule and it indicates if you spend 10000 hours on one thing you will get moderately if not outright good at it.

Is this a joke? 10,000 hours is 10 hours/day for 3 years

>if you spend 10 hours EVERY SINGLE DAY for 3 years, you will be moderately good at something

ONLY MODERATELY?????????????????
>>
File: 1473814914836.jpg (107KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473814914836.jpg
107KB, 600x480px
no you just don't try this shit is simple you fucking retard gawd get it together man its a simple formula.
>>
>>8344330
Are you gonna pay the price for achieving your dreams?

Keep living like that then.
>>
>>8339983
>INTRO to Calc 1
>Hard

You are just a brainlet mate
>>
>>8344330
do you realize 3 years is fucking nothing? lazy brailnet
>>
>>8337957
>exercising a lot
Your IQ peaks when you're around 20 years old, but exercise will help retain intelligence as you get older so this is actually good advice
>>
lmao
faggot
>>
>>8338330
??? Who is that¿
>>
>>8339960
Bruh dis mad relatable. Straight FACTS b.
>>
>tfw hard working and successful in school
>cognitive impairment randomly hits
Thanks Bipolar I, I'm probably going to fail out of Uni in the near future.
>>
>tfw people assume you just understand all math right away
>tfw actually have to work really hard at it

It's pretty frustrating when people tell me how lucky I am for being smart when I put a lot of work into my studies and grades.
>>
File: 1415429412297.gif (467KB, 639x360px) Image search: [Google]
1415429412297.gif
467KB, 639x360px
>>8344860
Fuck even 8 hours of meth is already enough to impress a brainlet
>>
>>8335981
Nah, I almost failed each of my high school algebra classes.

Now I'm taking Calc 2.
>>
>>8346529
>almost failing a high school course

Literally how
>>
Get on out of it, mate. There's a real problem when genetics are to blame. There's a good amount of thought and willpower that goes into knowing what you know, not being born with the right genes. A lot of what gets in the way of the average person are just thought problems. That's really it. That's why they hate school as a kid, don't bother falling in love with learning again later in life, and become heavily career-focused.

Blaming societal problems on genes is the same thing that racists do, albeit for different reasons.
>>
>>8340092
Anon, you're such a sweet and amazing guy! I'm sure you'll find the right girl one day. I'm just glad I could have a friend like you :^)
>>
>>8346873
being in a coma throughout high school
>>
>>8340092

anon is morbidly obese and has poor personal hygeine
>>
>>8340092
>I am x
>Why don't girls like me if they say they like x?
Don't improve yourself. That will work. ;^=)
>>
>>8335981
I have an average IQ and a math degree, just b urself.
>>
>>8346873
>>8347245
No natural intuition in math, and no motivation or interest for the subject.

I had a shitty teacher for my first algebra class and it just gave me a horrible impression for the whole subject, and even though none of her students were understanding the material, she passed us all anyway to save her own ass.

So I went on to Algebra 2 honors with a great teacher, but had no foundation, so I was completely lost, which made it even more frustrating.

I just barely passed that course, and the teacher recommended me to take "algebra for college readiness" which is just a nice way of telling high school seniors "you're being held back in this course, but we're not going to count it in your academic record"

That's when stuff finally started to click, but I was already done with math.

Started college as a film major, didn't like the industry, grabbed and A.A. and switched to physics after 3 years.

Been working on catching up with prerequisites for the past year, but I'm definitely much happier in this field.

Apart from this damn computer science class I need to take... And the fact that I wasted 2 years and around $10,000 in film school...
>>
>>8340701
Protip: he lied about the physics
>>
>>8341143
I went to public schools until I was 15 at which point I dropped out and spent a decade doing drugs all day every day. I went back to uni at 25 and got a math degree reasonably painlessly (I just did what was asked of me when it was asked for).
My 140 IQ may have had something to do with this.
>>
>>8335981
Thanks, but I can only thanks God for whatever you intelligence I have that you don't. I personally feel very stupid, specially when I have to study to get the top grade on hard tests

This thread is fucking stupid
>>
>>8347878
> can only thanks God for whatever you intelligence I have that you don't

He then goes on to call the thread stupid. Oh how I laughed.
>>
>>8335981
Thanks for the motivation anon
>>
>>8338854
No way! This is the excuse you tell yourself not to learn what you'd like to learn. Maybe you're just lazy and you filled your mind with this excuse.

Surely there are people who are born with talents but if you put your mind into something for enough time you'll get better and better. There's no excuse for that.
>>
>>8335985

>He has to work his ass off to understand a subject

brainlet.
>>
>>8348682
Why do you assume that anyone who is able to recognize giftedness is necessarily lazy or unsuccessful?
>>
>>8335985
I did the same and dropped out my senior year because I couldn't pass real analysis. You are lucky, I was too dumb.

I ended up going back and doing CS.
>>
>>8347846
>Natural intuition
My fucking sides!
Thread posts: 143
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.