[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I show this /sci/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: observer.jpg (68KB, 630x467px) Image search: [Google]
observer.jpg
68KB, 630x467px
Let [math]{X_5}[/math] be the variety over [math]{\mathbb{F}_5}[/math] defined by taking the elliptic curve [math]X = V\left( {{y^2} - {x^3} + 1} \right)[/math] mod 5.

Show the number of [math]{\mathbb{F}_{{5^n}}}[/math] valued points of [math]{X_5}[/math] is [math]1 + {5^n}[/math]/
>>
File: ramanujan.jpg (87KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
ramanujan.jpg
87KB, 750x500px
>>8334947
do you know this is true? what's the context?
>>
>>8335051
>do you know this is true
yes

>what's the context?
just an example building towards some weil stuff
>>
File: void pepe.png (703KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
void pepe.png
703KB, 600x600px
>>8335060
it's not quite true, you might want to use a different textbook then whereever you're getting this info from. you can find it on page 7 here (https://eprint.iacr.org/2005/374.pdf) but basically you just:
1) write a=#E(F_5)-(5+1) and x^2-ax+5=(x-b)(x-c)
2) by theorem 4.12 in reference 15 in the above link we have #E(F_(5^n))=(5^n+1)-(b^n+c^n)
3) manually check that there's 6 points over F_5
4) so 6=#E(F_5)=5+1-a implies a=0
5) so x^2+5=(x-b)(x-c) implies b = -c = sqrt(-5)
6) so #E(F_5^n)=5^n+1 if n is odd, and #E(F_5^n)=5^n +- 2*5^(n/2)+1 if n is even
>>
Try induction, although if I'm not mistaken the amount of valued points is always 1 in that field for all n out of Natural Numbers.
Not sure what valued points are though.
>>
>>8335119
btw these a,b,c are all natural coefficients that show up in the hasse weil zeta function in case they look unmotivated to you
>>
>>8335119
>https://eprint.iacr.org/2005/374.pdf
Thank you for the reference. And I should have specified, the example restricted to n odd.
>>
>>8335120
>Not sure what valued points are though.
Best thought via the functor of points.

Let [math]X[/math] be a scheme. Then we think of it via a functor [math]{h_X}:{\operatorname{Sch} ^{op}} \to \operatorname{Set} [/math] defined by [math]{h_X}\left( Y \right) = \operatorname{Hom} \left( {Y,X} \right)[/math].

So in general, The "Y-valued points of X", is [math]\X\left( Y \right) \equiv {h_X}\left( Y \right) = \operatorname{Hom} \left( {Y,X} \right)[/math].
>>
>>8334947
Also Weil's Zeta function. Also Silverman's book for proof of Hasse's theorem. Also why you use X notations for elliptic curve. Also scheme are the natural way of doing geometry. Also bitches don't know 'bout muh big amble coherent and invertible canonic sheaf.
>tfw they rly don't know about it
>tfw ihnf
>>
>>8335271
>Best thought via the functor of points.
Or the set of solutions of the equation in extension field if you're not used to the the really natural and immediate way to do geometry with representable functors and shit
>>
>>8335120
It's all a fancy way of saying that you're looking for the solutions of the equation mentioned in the OP with coefficients in each [math]\mathbb F_{5^n}[/math]
>>
>>8335311
>Also Weil's Zeta function.
What about it?
>Also Silverman's book for proof of Hasse's theorem.
I don't have that book
> Also why you use X notations for elliptic curve.
Same thing I use for any scheme?
>Also scheme are the natural way of doing geometry
Point being?
> Also bitches don't know 'bout muh big amble coherent and invertible canonic sheaf.
what?
>>
>>8334947
Wah, there are some knowledgeable people here.
I'm going to ask a question, then. Does anyone know where I can find a proof of the Lang-weil bound, as stated here
>https://terrytao.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/the-lang-weil-bound/
Tao gives an outline of proof but I don't have enough machinery to make it rigorous. Specially does anyone know were I can learn about the stuff he uses to prove the bertini type lemma (lemma 6) or in general any other proof of the induction on dimension step?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.