[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of math when ALL the information is already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What's the point of math when ALL the information is already contained within the axioms and definitions, which are just made up by men?
>>
not true

once you have set teh axioms there may still be statements that are true but unprovable
>>
>>8329266
What is the point of farming if all the nutrients are already in the ground?
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 1880x649px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 1880x649px
Nobody gives a fuck about random information. It's what you do with that information that is important.

That's why physics is objectively the superior subject.
>>
>>8329266
to solve problems that can describe real world phenomenon; or to discover useful intellectual tools to solve other problems.

like shit son, think about it.
>>
>>8329266
what's the point of writing if ALL the information is already contained within the alphabet?

>GTFO my /sci/
>>
>>8329266
>What's the point of point of language
>What's the point of point of cooking
>What's the point of point of breathing

GTFO
>>
>>8329266
Prove the Continuum Hypothesis
that's what I thought
>>
>>8330677
What's the point? The answer is already contained within our axioms and definitions. You're just putting in loads of effort to essentially rewrite things.

What a waste of time.
>>
>>8329273
>>8329790
>>8330390
bad analogies everywhere
>>
>>8329266
>made up by men
>implying no female mathematicians
fgt pls
>>
>>8330701
>The answer is already contained within our axioms and definitions
>Continuum Hypothesis
dude
>>
>>8329266
???
Yes the answer to questions is determined before we find out but we don't know what those answers are. I'm not sure what it is that you're complaining about here.
>>
>>8330701?
Does it hurt to be this much of a brainlet?
Do some research on the CH and ZFC before you post your stupid ass opinions
>>
>>8329266
>What's the point of math when ALL the information is already contained within the axioms and definitions, which are just made up by men?

Specificity for the purposes of engineering.
>>
>>8329266
Are you thinking like me?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.