[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cannabis effects on cognition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: herb.jpg (10KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
herb.jpg
10KB, 235x215px
I wanted to know how to combat the negative cognitive effects of cannabis. I've been heavily smoking since the beginning of the year and i feel the effects on my memory but more so my short term. i also notice the change in my vocabulary and speech. I am less concise and stumble over words. i have stopped smoking for 2 weeks now and plan to not smoke anymore. however these effects are still present and frustrating. is there anything i can do to speed up the process of "recovering" ? what can i do to improve myself to my former glory
>>
I'm not a doctor but exercise probably won't hurt. It pretty much always enhances the mind.
>>
>>8328239
forgot to mention i do strength training 4 times a week and planning on starting cardio this week
>>
just go about your business, maybe try some extra reading and problem solving.

The cognitive effects of cannabis are temporary if you didn't start smoking until adulthood, so don't worry about it.
>>
Just cut down on smoking. I use it as a reward after doing hw
>>
>>8328245
>The cognitive effects of cannabis are temporary if you didn't start smoking until adulthood
What the fuck does this even mean? I'm guessing your body doesn't decide you become an adult at 18 years so what does adult mean in this context?
>>
>>8328277

In some studies, it's shown that weed only has permanent effects on your brain if you smoke a lot of weed while your brain is still in development. I.e., a teenager.

Brain architecture is mostly solidified in your 20s, so the cognitive effects of weed are just temporary.
>>
>>8328285
What if OP is a college freshman? Does 18 still count as a teenager?
>>
File: 1449612998739.jpg (7KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1449612998739.jpg
7KB, 228x221px
>>8328285
>tfw smoked weed heavily from 15-22 and now I'm basically retarded
>>
>>8328296
Oh well. If you have children, maybe they'll turn out better and use your genes to their fullest.
>>
taking ibuprofen counteracts the memory problem
>>
lions mane
ginko biloba
bacopa
pycnogenol
vinpocetine
>>
>>8328232
try vaping instead.
>>
>>8328487
I like telling straight edge plebeians that ibuprofen's metabolite binds to cannabinoid receptors, shaking the foundation of their faulty belief system.
>>
>>8328487
Glad others are spreading the gospel I've been spamming in the weed threads.
>>
Cannabis doesn't have any really negative cognitive effects, it's also been shown to enhance vocabulary, not act as a detriment. Perhaps the problem is how you're reacting to it.
>>
>>8328239
>>8328244
keep the blood flowing to clear the fog. drink water, eat lean and sweat

if you wanna blaze id stck to sativa concentrates.
>>
>>8328285
is there any way to undo the damage?
>>
i used to think weed made me retarded but it was actually just depression + low self-esteem from abuse. therapy helped a lot. or maybe weed did make me slightly more retarded, but not nearly as much as the effects of depression made me retarded.
>>
>>8328296
>tfw smoked weed from 15-27 and I have a 4.0 in grad school and I'm fine
>>
>>8329280
>enhance vocabulary
companion hemp lmao
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.