[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quark discusion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: atom_wallpaper.jpg (30KB, 431x305px) Image search: [Google]
atom_wallpaper.jpg
30KB, 431x305px
Hi, /sci/, I have a question about quarks... What do they look like? I know I technically wouldn't be able to see them, but what shape they have?
>>
>physics
>>>/x/
>>
what does nothing look like?
same as that
>>
>>8327838
Also, is there any physical equation to determinate their size and or shape?
>>
>>8327840
But quarks are particles, and they even have mass, so they should have a shape, unless they are waves
>>
>>8327844
can you prove that?
>>
>>8327855
Nope, that's why i'm asking you? are Quarks waves?
>>
Things only "look" like something because photon's bounce off them into our eyes. Quarks are too small for that to work so you can't really talk about what they "look" like.
>>
>>8327844
>quarks are particles, and they even have mass, so they should have a shape
Should they?
>>
>>8327888
But, are Quarks particles or waves? or both?
>>
>>8327890
Quarks are quarks

There isn't anything macroscopic that they behave like
>>
>>8327838

vision is a phenomena that occurs on macroscopic scales... we can't see them. they don't look like anything to us because that is impossible.
>>
>>8327907
Then how do we know that they exist?
>>
>>8328655
Because we can scatter things off them.
>>
>>8328656
Shoudnt the scattering pattern give us a rough idea of their shape?
>>
>>8327882
>are Quarks waves?
everything is

https://youtu.be/RwdY7Eqyguo?t=14m
>>
>>8327907
this is retarded. thats like saying 'well we can't see bacteria therefore they don't have a shape'

quarks literally do have a shape as they have mass.
>>
>>8328661
http://www-spires.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/getdoc/slac-pub-5724.pdf
>>
>>8328674
But we can see bacteria
>>
Bacteria are at least 12 orders of magnitude bigger than quarks (1e-6 vs 1e-18)

That comparable to your length vs the distance of Saturn from the Sun.
>>
>>8327838
Particles are a meme. I do mean that literally. They don't have "shapes".
Everything you know and interact with are fields. Fields are the real dealio, not particles.
>>
>>8327838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2jvkY-xn5s
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.