[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Carolina accidentally millions of bees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: no not the bees.jpg (66KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
no not the bees.jpg
66KB, 700x350px
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/01/like-its-been-nuked-millions-of-bees-dead-after-south-carolina-sprays-for-zika-mosquitoes/

"Reports out of South Carolina have indicated that when officials approved the spraying of local farmlands with insecticide to prevent the spread of Zika-carrying mosquitos, it accidentally wiped out millions of bees too.

The insecticide in question, called Naled, is known to be "highly toxic" to bees, and these vital pollinators appear to be the latest collateral damage in the fight against Zika.

In response to the ensuing outcry from local farmers after last Sunday’s bout of aerial spraying in Dorchester County, the local administrator’s office announced that the state health department had reported four travel-related cases of Zika virus in the Summerville area of Dorchester County on Friday 26 August.

While the health department reported that no one has been infected from a local mosquito bite to date, Dorchester County officials justified the accidental bee cull on the grounds that the mosquito population remained a threat."

Was this action justifiable?
>>
Sure of course it was justifiable. What do you expect to happen when you put dumbass politicians with "law degrees" in charge of these kinds of things?
>>
>>8317558

Humans ruin everything. The bees are already an endagered species and now they pour salt into the wound by fighting a virus thats also man made. Poor bees.
>>
File: beesaredisappearig.png (999KB, 893x1228px) Image search: [Google]
beesaredisappearig.png
999KB, 893x1228px
>>8317567
>poor bees
indeed
>>
In between global warming and using pesticides that cause colony collapse disorder you'd think they were trying to create a food scarcity world.
>>
>>8317569
>ambulocetus
>>
Just bring in more bats and insect eating birds.
>>
Nothing is too far when you're at war.

If you lived in a real mans non-pussified non-eurotrash country you'd know this.

Best just go and "we surrender" to Zika right now while you're criticizing our actions.

Bunch of cobbletoothed pussy euros and hippy igloo fuckers think they know what its like to be at war.
>>
>>8317638
You should find a new baitshop.
>>
>>8317567
>muh bees
1 good chink with a paintbrush can do the work of a million worker bees

those lazy yellow niggers are dying off for good reason.
>>
>>8317558
>what kind of food security do you want, anon?
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP!"

Morons.

>>8317589
Controlling the food is the best way to control the people.
>>
This week the residents of Dorchester County, South Carolina, tried to ward off Zika using a strong pesticide called Naled. Unfortunately, they accidentally ended up killing about 2.5 million honeybees at one bee farm alone because they sprayed after dawn, instead of at night, when bees are not out and about.

The owner is understandably devastated. “Honestly, I just fell to the ground. I was crying, and I couldn’t quit crying, and I was throwing up,” beekeeper Juanita Stanley told the New York Times about what happened after she saw the ground covered in bees.

The internet, it seems, is also devastated. A sample of the outcry on Facebook: “This makes me SO SICK!!!!,” “Murderers,” and “[It] was like visiting a cemetery, pure sadness.” Someone even floated a hashtag: #SaveHumanitySaveTheBees.

To be honest, it’s a little weird to see this kind of outrage for bees! Usually we reserve that for more personable animals, like Harambe (sorry) or more recently, reindeer. In a way, it’s nice—uncuddly animals deserve our love, too. Perhaps it’s even an offshoot of how the animal right’s movement—currently obsessed with helping the lowly farm chicken—has broadened our understanding of what kinds of animals warrant protection.

rest on:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2016/09/the_2_5_million_bees_killed_by_naled_in_south_carolina_will_recover_just.html
>>
>>8317569
They couldn't have found a way to photograph this without the reflection of the cameras? I thought photographers were supposed to be artists and they didn't even account for the fact that you can see the whole room in her? belly.
>>
>>8317638
if we didn't have wide open borders we wouldn't have a zika problem
>>
File: image003-e13757689028921.jpg (101KB, 700x1178px) Image search: [Google]
image003-e13757689028921.jpg
101KB, 700x1178px
>>8317747
This.

The USA needs to have quarantine places just outside the mainland for new arrivals to be checked. It needs big ass walls that are well guarded.It needs well patrolled zones of oceans space and air space (can use automated drones now.)

This whole free America, welcome everyone is going to kill it off from within.
>>
>>8317558
MAKE DDTS LEGAL AGAIN
>>
>>8317558

Bees bounce back. Keep in mind it's the super aggressive bees that set up shop first. I don't feel sorry for the bees.
>>
>>8317653

Not exactly man, they were just collateral damage to the larger threat. The bees are not going anywhere in the long term. They may become more aggressive, but they are not going out without a fight.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.