[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Methods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1466973746538-0.png (149KB, 385x307px) Image search: [Google]
1466973746538-0.png
149KB, 385x307px
Are they really that reliable?
>>
>>8317542
No, I still don't have a gf.
>>
The human race has survived this far, so yes.
>>
Is there a reasonable possibility that all the dozens of different dating methods give the same faulty results?

The tree rings just happen to match up with C-14 age and with yearly sediment layers and with ice core layers and whatnot. And all those dozens of radiometric results give same results with each other and with thermoluminence and magnetic dating and racemization and so on...
>>
>>8317565
Of course, that's assuming that those processes are constant.
>>
>>8317542
reliable enough to pull resources out of the ground and make a few other geological predictions.
>>
You never date fossils directly unless theyre less than about 30,000 years old.

You date volcanic ash layers. The soot contains a decent amount of radioactive material, and even very large volcanic eruptions can occur every few hundred thousand years that can be found almost worldwide. If a fossil is found between those two layers, you have a really good idea of how old it is.
>>
Political cartoons

Are they really just art for people with no imagination?
>>
>>8317574
You have absolutely no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>8317599
theyre 'art' for people with no education
>>
Provided you pair an appropriate type of dating with the sample the results would appear to be reasonably reliable.
>>
>>8317597
Depends on the method of dating. C14 dating doesn't work past 40,000 years, but there are other isotopes that can be used for older specimens
>>
>>8317565
>and so on...

yes please continue
>>
>>8317545
>>8317545
Kek
>>
>>8317574
This is what people say when they don't understand at all how dating processes work, and have no argument except to spout sweet nothing.

It took me a year to educate my father enough on dating methods for him to understand that these processes would have to be constant for modern physics to remain coherent, and we have a gigantic mound of evidence that the standard model is correct.
>>
I read The Bible 96Hours a year and will read ever word from Jesus 380,000 in time before lifted: I'm going to Heaven through HEX.
>>
File: 1454484444312.jpg (9KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
1454484444312.jpg
9KB, 251x201px
>>8317545
>>
No most of my matches on tinder are trolls. On okcupid the girls are not trolls but you gotta sift through the trannies and the fatties. Meet me is just full of dirty chicks. Not in a good way. Its more like they're all mothers at 20 and smokers with tattoos and nasty hair colors and piercings
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.