[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some rare math memes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm old as fuck and need new material for my course outlines (Precalc level).
>>
A mathematician, an engineer, and a statistician go deer hunting. After a while, they spot one.
The mathematician does some detailed calculations, takes aim, and shoots. However, having forgotten to account for the wind, the shot lands 5 metres to the left of its mark.
The engineer steps up, and, seeing the mathematician's mistake, points the rifle somewhere off to the right and shoots. Having overcompensated, the shot lands 5 metres to the right of the deer.
The statistician yells "We got' em boys!"
>>
>>8313289
have heard it before but still kek
>>
>>8313289
don't get it
>>
>>8313289
>there are people on /sci/ RIGHT NOW that think this is funny
>>
>>8313303
t. brainlet
>>
>>8313303
can confirm

>>8313297
TL;DR Mathematicians are too abstract and pure to consider real life adjustments like wind.

Engineers dont actually create anything just adjust based on other people's previous creations.

Statisticians use averages not individuals to describe their world (5 to the left and 5 to the right gives an average of 0)
>>
>>8313313
>Statisticians use averages not individuals to describe their world (5 to the left and 5 to the right gives an average of 0)
wut
>>
>>8313317
Take for example the idea that you are gay. You love to suck that dick/vag all day and all night. The statistician knows that 10% of everyone is gay like yourself. If someone put 20 people in a room including yourself knowing that you were the only gay person, instead of saying that you are obviously the only gay one he would be adamant that there ought to be 2. The statistician chose to evaluate the world on stats rather than specific information.
Thus, they are a slave to stats, hilarity ensues.
>>
File: yoolers identity.png (64KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
yoolers identity.png
64KB, 1600x1000px
>>8313271
"If this formula is not immediately obvious, the reader will never be a first-class mathematician." - GauB
>>
>>8313271
Honestly though, math doesn't get funny until the advanced undergraduate level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTby_e4-Rhg

But by all means, pack a bunch of "haha geddit, drink and DERIVE"-tier """"""jokes"""""" on everything if you want to identify the pseuds and suckups.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.