/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does someone with a very high IQ experience consciousness on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: mfwconfused.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
mfwconfused.gif
2MB, 400x225px
Does someone with a very high IQ experience consciousness on a higher level than someone with an intellectual disability? Is consciousness dependent on intellect?

Another way to phrase it; is intelligence a measurment of consciousness?
>>
>>8313137
Is your refrigerator running?
>>
Consciousness can be neither measured nor observed.

>If something cannot be measured or observed it does not exist.

We aren't even sure what consciousness is.
>>
>>8313143

this could be confusing for people with autism.
>>
>>8313149

well we can speculate. consciousness is having lots of different input and it becomes complex enough to attain self awareness.

so for what ever reason you have vastly intelligent people and intellectually disabled people with an IQ <70. using the same logic, you assume that they experience less self awareness or consciousness.
>>
>>8313154

i left out a point. you compare a human to a dog, you probably assume you experience consciousness on a higher level.
>>
I don't consider normies to be sentient.
>>
>>8313154
That is one theory of consciousness out of dozens. None of them have anything approaching definitive proof.

>>8313137
I think there's very good reason to suspect a difference in level of consciousness. But i think any variation within 3-5 standard deviations of the human average is less than the difference between the average human and the average chimpanzee
>>
>>8313182
In other words, your average down's syndrone patient still experiences a consciousness basically indistinguishable from an average healthy control.
>>
>>8313154
>implying humans have more inputs to the brain than any other species

>implying that IQ is at all related to the number of inputs to the brain......

wew
>>
>>8313182
>But i think any variation within 3-5 standard deviations of the human average is less than the difference between the average human and the average chimpanzee
Well, obviously.
>>
>>8313209
Yes, but I would say that chimpanzee's have a remarkable level of consciousness. Practically human level. So I was trying to make the point that the difference between an average human and a mentally challenged human is not worthy of its own thread.

as an aside, the 5 sd below the human average is an IQ of 25. That might actually be below chimpanzee level. At this point the whole system starts to break down, because a person that dumb might still be able to communicate to some degree, but a chimp that wasn't raised in a speaking society might have more trouble.
>>
Hi Anna. Meow!
>>
>>8313231

best answer, thanks.
>>
>>8313137
I feel like you'll get more out of life with a higher IQ, maybe.
>>
Seeing more patterns in the same period of time perhaps, maybe related to the link between intelligence and 'mental illness' in terms of increased chance of making false positive associations?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.