[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to drink water directly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: tapwater.jpg (85KB, 289x364px) Image search: [Google]
tapwater.jpg
85KB, 289x364px
Is it safe to drink water directly
>>
Like, put your mouth on the faucet?
>>
>>8313104
Hypothesis: It is safe to drink water directly
Experiment: Drink water directly
>>
>>8313104
No the government puts mind control robots in the water that's why i only drink mountain dew from wendy's
>>
>>8313110
>the scientific method
>on /sci/
who the hell do you take us for, animals? get that empirical shit out of here
>>
The only way to be sure you're drinking unadulterated water is to drink it directly from the ocean.
>>
>>8313131
Ocean has too much salt, it's much better to combine two hydrogen atoms with one oxygen atom and ingest it.
>>
File: Bear-Grylls.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bear-Grylls.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>8313144
This doesn't have enough salt. It's better to drink your own pee.
>>
>>8313146
Directly
>>
I'd rather drink water indirectly. Much better for you.
>>
>>8313104
If you don't live in a third world country, sure.
>>
No, it is incredibly dangerous to drink water that is in contact with larger bodies of water directly. Doing so has been linked with cases of extreme nausea and diarrhea, and fatally low amounts of blood iron content.
In order to protect you and your family, drink water in small increments which have been separated from a larger source, preferably via eye dropper, but a teaspoon will work as well. By following these simple instructions, you can prevent over 87% of near fatal symptoms associated with drinking water.
>>
>>8313110
What's the prediction? There will be no effect other than feeling hydrated?
>>
>>8313146
no you need to give you an enema with bird shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIG4TuVnvg
>>
The water has the fluoride in it do not drinking them
>>
>>8315005
Anon speaks fact

Fluoride burn holes in metal

You're fillings are no chance to compete
>>
A chemist and a biologist are in the lab. The chemist calls over an RA. "I'd like a glass of H2O please", he says winking at the biologist. The chemist drinks it down in one and gets back to work. The biologist calls over the RA, "I'd like a glass of H2O too!". And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>8313104
Which country?
>>
>>8315085
I swallowed some dilute peroxide once. It was nasty.
>>
>>8313104
What better way...
What... better... way.....
>>
>>8315009
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Gp6QkUC54
>>
>>8315135
So happy my Pacific northwest mountain town has glacier fed tap water with no additives.
>>
>>8315144
That's what you think
>>
File: 1389926436950.png (278KB, 558x512px) Image search: [Google]
1389926436950.png
278KB, 558x512px
>>8313104
how do you drink it indirectly? are you a wizard?
>>
>>8313104
Mix it with bleach first, Opie, otherwise the germs will eventually kill you.
>>
What if you drink water indirectly?

Would that reverse entropy?
>>
File: fluoride.png (385KB, 560x3568px) Image search: [Google]
fluoride.png
385KB, 560x3568px
>>8313104
>>
Water from the faucet is known to have dihydrogen monoxide so I wouldn't....
>>
>>8315390
By boiling it, making your cat drink it, then drinking the cat's pee.
>>
>>8316187
>What if you drink water indirectly?
You would have to eat a lot of fruits and soup while minimizing meats and salts.
>>
One could argue that eating food containing water was indirect drinking, if one so chose
>>
>>8315390
get someone else to drink it for you
>>
>>8313104
kill yourself
>>
>>8313104
No, that's for toilets. Drink brawndo instead, it's got electrolytes.
>>
>>8316187
[Something about Dyson™ hoovers destabilising the universe with their Cinetic™ suction technology]
>>
File: giardia_trophs.jpg (373KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
giardia_trophs.jpg
373KB, 598x598px
>>8313104
Tap water contains different components in every city or municipality. Each local region has its own way of acquiring and filtering water. Sometimes it comes from a lake or reservoir, sometimes a mountain stream, sometimes a well or aquifer. It really all depends, especially on what kind of industrial activities are conducted nearby. Most municipalities are required to post online water quality reports, just google it and you should be able to find annual data on your drinking water.

I live in a region where our water comes from an aquifer, a limestone aquifer can be incredibly pure for being relatively downstream from a mountain (where most fresh water originates), because the calcium helps naturally filter out bad stuff. Water treatment processes also occur before it reaches your faucet, so most water is generally safe. That is, unless you live in Flint, Michigan. The further you are from a water source the more likely pollution is added, such as chemicals or pathogens in the form of human waste, which is often disposed of or drains into natural waterways.

Straight up untreated water direct from the wild is likely to contain parasites such as Giardia or worse that will definitely make you sick. You can find portable water purifiers online, ask /out/ for help if you're interested in drinking stream water, but I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use.

That said, ultra-purified or deionized/Reverse-osmosis water can actually be bad for you long term, because normal water contains minerals that are necessary for a healthy diet. Hope this helps, I work in water treatment.
>>
>>8318414
How does calcium filter out bad stuff?
>>
>>8318414
>That said, ultra-purified or deionized/Reverse-osmosis water can actually be bad for you long term, because normal water contains minerals that are necessary for a healthy diet.

That's a bullshit lie spread by mineral water marketing.
>>
>>8316247
Directly.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.