[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are most people not interested in science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1288330527620.jpg (42KB, 481x358px) Image search: [Google]
1288330527620.jpg
42KB, 481x358px
Why are most people not interested in science?
>>
They're taught that it's a difficult thing for smart people.
>>
>>8310519
How did the smartness meme start?
>>
A huge part in it is the media wanting to portray science as something bad to keep people uneducated and easy to herd like cattle. Who wants to understand the world around you when it will lead you to related to unlikable nerds from movies who get bullied, have no friends and then grow up to be psychopaths? People would sooner trust a politician's word of mouth than a scientist's which should tell you a lot.
>>
>>8310546
>People would sooner trust a politician's word of mouth
sure, because movies depict politicians in a much more favourable way than nerds
>>
They are brainlets who are only able to focus on immediate practical things and lack the curiosity and ability to see the bigger picture.
>>
most people have IQ < 115
>>
>>8310732

There are algebraic topologists with average to sub-average IQ; fuck out of here with your mensa memery.
>>
Simpleton's Appeal List:
1. Feelings
2. Intuition
3. Instinct
4. Conjecture
5. Suspicion
6. Hunches
7. Populism
8. Reports
9. Circular reporting
10. Testimony
11. Stretched "implications"
12. Authority
13. Dictation
14. Culture
15. Tradition
16. Fads
17. Cycling false dilemmas
18. Stereotypes
17. Egotism
18. Wishful thinking
19. Projection - Cherry Picking - Confirmation bias game
20. The fallacy maze game

It comes down to self-serving instinct, intentional "fake it to you make it" dishonesty, and then delusionally believing reality "warps" to fit what you've convinced yourself and others of.
Yes, people are that retarded and psychotically egotistical.
>>
>>8310737
Self-serving anchored counter-attack detected
Citation needed
>>
>>8310744

>Fedora lord projectile vomiting thesaurus

Ad-hominems aside - Measuring the IQ of individual math graduates doesn't garner much fiscal support from academic institutions, hence I cannot point you toward any papers or sources with marginal credibility. However, I have actually met one of these individuals; all I can say is that he was clearly dedicated to his craft, and yes, he did struggle with concepts (This was a commonplace complaint of his), but he ultimately ended up graduating.
>>
>>8310509

People naturally learn/tend to dislike/not care about an area that they are no good at.
>>
File: 1471648238769.gif (187KB, 816x713px) Image search: [Google]
1471648238769.gif
187KB, 816x713px
>>
>>8310757
So... you're full of shit and are using self-serving fallacies in an attempt to reach a preconceived presuppositional self serving view that you're anchored to and you're never going to change your mind because you irrationally are afraid that no other stance will validate you, even though there clearly could be trillions or even an infinite number of completely valid alternative views that could also validate your existence and/or choices.
So... just attack the opposition and declare everyone else is wrong, right?
Ok then.
>Why are these anti-science "anchored" types on /sci/?
>Science doesn't anchor, it improves upon itself
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.