[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unfairness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: katrvnhzwhit3rnxybcd.jpg (110KB, 650x520px) Image search: [Google]
katrvnhzwhit3rnxybcd.jpg
110KB, 650x520px
Did anyone else out there never have to put in effort in to succeed in school?

I never studied for a single test and have acquired two degrees thus far (First was engineering, second was Physics) and have always finished in the upper 10 percentile. I don't even consider myself to be particularly intelligent.

Just kind of seems arbitrary and unfair how some people need to study and others don't. Is there a reason for this phenomenon?
>>
File: 1454672259736.jpg (975KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454672259736.jpg
975KB, 1500x1000px
You are simply superior to others. Crème de la crème.
>>
>>8309557
While I don't think that is the case, you're a real bro for saying so.

Good taste in asians, too
>>
>>8309549
>Did anyone else out there never have to put in effort in to succeed in school?
Yes, then physical chemistry happened.
>>
File: 1445338562141.jpg (136KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1445338562141.jpg
136KB, 900x675px
>>8309590
>doesn't understand sarcasm

I meant to say that you're a total loser for making a thread on 4chan just to brag how well you did in school. "Is there a reason for this phenomenon?" Pathetic.
>>
>>8309617
id rather be able to understand sarcasm on a Vietnamese imageboard than put no effort into (probably shit tier) degrees

OP is a fucking nark
>>
>>8309617

>Sarcasm translates over text

Your taste in asians is still good doe
>>
Well you must be doing something right. I find it hard to believe that you graduated without putting some amount of work into it, so when you say that you never studied for a test I guess you mean that you never had to put any extra amount of work into it *just for the sake of the test*; which definitely is possible, if you pay attention to the material at a good pace and never have to catch up or panic study the night before like most plebs.

I think it's just a matter of discipline and maybe finding some enjoyment in what you do. If your subject is fun and interesting to you, then spending some attention and time on it daily won't feel like you're formally studying, but you will do well at tests regardless. Is this unfair? That's just life, everyone has their own taste and priorities.
>>
I don't remember studying for tests either. But that's because I know everything well before the tests come.

If one only sits on one's posterior, then one will never know things outside what is taught. Things that I picked up myself include Cohen forcing, Atiyah–Singer index, Hartogs' theorem etc. I hope OP is actually doing something worthwhile rather than bragging about finishing easy modo, as others would use the opportunity to prepare for graduate schools, research etc.
>>
>>8309549
You got lucky, not everyone has a good brain. I spend 100% of my time in school studying and just barely scrape out B's in mech e.

I spend most of my time going on massive tangents and attacking the same problem from 50 different ways until I realize that the test is in 5 minutes and I only learned how to do the first half of the material. I have observed however, that some of my friends with great memories who spend less time studying are also in general less competent engineers because they don't waste any mental overhead considering possible applications and interconnections between related topics. They never take joy in not reading the textbook and trying to 'rediscover fire' by attempting to solve problems first your own way, then comparing to the textbooks way. In the long run I think this is a healthier way of learning. Some people can do both and spend no time studying, these people are just lucky and gifted.
>>
File: 1472464777335.png (174KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1472464777335.png
174KB, 500x375px
>>8309661
OP here, I entered grad school and have actually been applying myself. Will be publishing / defending soon.

I really wasn't trying to be a douche in the OP dudes, but I see how it comes off that way. Autism, no doubt
>>
>>8309549

Hey, guess what?

You have zero ambition!

Welcome to your shit life after people walk you through whatever useless degrees you accumulate!
>>
>>8309698
I'd rather have you build my bridges.

A students teach. B students work for C students.
>>
>>8309727
You're not wrong. I did have zero ambition.

>>8309729
Truth.
>>
File: 1457589738184.jpg (3MB, 2283x2283px) Image search: [Google]
1457589738184.jpg
3MB, 2283x2283px
>>8309633

Hey OP, you read his first comment in the context of praise (thus you called him a bro, an ally) out of all the possible ways of interpretation, such as scepticism or doubt which would lead to a sarcastic interpretation, which indicates the purpose of creating this thread is for your bragging rights.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.