[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is it about diamonds that make them the hardest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (42KB, 754x425px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 754x425px
What exactly is it about diamonds that make them the hardest metal known to man?
>>
its chemical configuration
>>
>diamonds
>metal

kek
>>
>>8307494
Its all about quantum metallicity. When the left-quark induces spin in the q-space it makes it increase in hardness exponentially
>>
>>8307501
lurk more fig newton
>>
>>8307506
I don't know enough about physics to be sure, but I do know enough to say that really sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>8307579
>I don't know enough about physics
exactly, brainlet. you better stop posting and keep lurking
>>
>>8307579
>he doesn't know about sublimated q-matter physics
>>
>>8307579
>>
>>8307501
>being new
here's your (you)
>>
>>8307494
Diamonds are not a metal, they are covalent crystals.
The structure of the crystal makes the bonds extremely effective against abrassion.
How come there isn't even one right answer in this thread? Is really /sci/ full of pseudo-scientists?
>>
>>8309813
I remember when I was new
>>
>>8309813
Have you even read the Pitt paper? Didn't think so. So shut the fuck up. Results were pretty undeniable.
>>
>>8309818
<he can't the the several layers of irony
>>
>>8307494
They aren't as hard as the true strongest matter, Perceptronium.
>>
>>8307506
Yeah the equations governing metallicty are quite elegant for diamonds. It really shows the beauty of strength of metals.
>>
>>8307494
wait... I remember this... Something like this was already asked like half a year or more before. And since I refuse to believe that people believe that diamonds are a metal I'm going to assume you are shitposting
>>
>>8309965
>already asked like half a year
This is one of those dank memes from /b/ in 2008. Little did they know that their memes would turn out to be true, as per >>8307506
Left-quarks are the most common source of quantum metallicity, but they weren't discovered until after 2008.
>>
>>8307494
The structure of its atoms makes it incredibly strong. Instead of another carbon thing like graphite which is quite soft, its carbon atoms form a tetrahedron like shape which makes it hard to break. I'm no expert though
>>
>diamonds
>hardest anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69fr5bNiEfc
>>
>>8307494
Gtfo, meme-monkey

Sage
>>
>>8307494
>metal
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.