[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start a Calc 2 class. I passed Calc 1 by the skin of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160829_174920.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160829_174920.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
About to start a Calc 2 class. I passed Calc 1 by the skin of my teeth over a year ago and remember very little.

How fucked am I?
>>
lol americans,,,,..,.,.,.
>>
>>8307066
Do you have Calc 1 in uni in America?
If your pic is of Calc 2 class, you must have some easy af universities.

t. euromaster
>>
>>8307091
Of course Calc 1 is taught. What kind of ass backwards "university" doesn't teach it?
>>
Considering that you struggled with Calc 1 you'll definitely struggle with Calc 2. Calc 1 is easy enough that you should be able to pass easily without putting much effort in so it's likely that you're just stupid. You might as well drop out now and save yourself from debt
>>
>>8307091
Pic related is just a review of integrals which was the first thing we are supposed to read.
Calc 1 and 2 are both taught in highschool and college, but I was too busy smoking weed and playing videogames in highschool to care.
>>
>>8307098
I learned this in school before uni. Both calc 1 and calc 2, it seems.
>>
>>8307105
Good for you? Here's a cookie. Of course, highschool calculus is a lot easier than what you're taught in college
>>
>>8307110
Well, I got taught what is in OP's pic in last year of High School. Guess I learned Calc 3 first semester at uni then
>>
>http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcI/CalcI.aspx
>http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/Classes/CalcII/CalcII.aspx
Is this taught as calc 1/2 in america? It seems strange since this is literally just high school maths in Australia. Did you all just do a general maths class in high school instead of a more advanced one?
>>
>>8307141
Not everyone takes the same classes in highschool fag. It ranges from people taking shit like AP Calc 3 too people not even taking pre calc
>>
>>8307066
>two years to learn "calculus" 1 and 2
>mfw
>>
>>8307123
Cool
>>
>>8307066
calc 2 is a different beast, also you'll need to remember all the derivatives of calc1 because they'll be used in cal2 (antiderivatives). The hardest integrals will be trigonometric integrals so you'll also need to know some trig formulas for that part.
>>
>>8307091

I am in the literally best German uni (RWTH) and we also had this in calc 2. Calc 2 always introduces integrals and anti-derivatives. Let me guess, you're the "hurr i had diff eq in 8th grade" type?
>>
>>8307153
It's two semesters?
>>
File: 0k3dy66jphdzf3bepsbs631iu.jpg (34KB, 652x408px) Image search: [Google]
0k3dy66jphdzf3bepsbs631iu.jpg
34KB, 652x408px
>>8307066
>passed Calc 1 by the skin of my teeth
kys
>>
Calc 1 easy AF. What were you doing the whole time? Jacking off?
>>
>>8307346
Yes...
>>
I passed Calc 1 with flying colors

Then I got a C- in calc 2 thinking it would be as easy as 1. Had to retake it. Don't make my mistake OP, actually fucking study and do the homework.

I learned my lesson after calc 2, got 99% in calc 3 the semester after
>>
>>8307066
what book is that? looks good
>>
>>8307822
It's most likely Stewart or Larson.
>>
>>8307183
All the fags claiming they moved much faster were not even doing real mathematics anyways. I would be surprised if those faggots could give me the formal definition of antiderivative.

Heck, I'd be surprised if those faggots could even give me a definition of a definite integral, a Riemann Sum or even prove the elementary theorem of calculus.

I don't know where these people studied but in my first class of Calc II the first thing we did was work through a fuckton of definitions and theorems. What the upper bound and lower bound sums were, what integrability of a function in a given interval is, how continuity implies integrability, etc. Actually there were not many classes where we actually practiced anti derivatives except for the rare classes where a new technique would be introduced. We were expected to be able to learn antiderivatives on our own while class was all about theorems, literal sums and then the usual area under curves stuff.

Faggots proud of learning anti derivatives in kinder probably never had an actual calculus class in their life. They had 'How to compute antiderivatives for dummies 101'
>>
>>8307848
>>8307183

I don't know if I made this clear but the point is that in pure math I also saw these types of integrals in the early part of Calc II.
>>
Let me tell you one thing OP the only reason I got an A in calc 2 is because I cheated on every exam using wolframalpha because our class was in a computer lab and the prof did not ONCE look up.

I am now struggling in dfq 1 because I did not memorize the trig sub/series expansions

so the take home message: PAULS NOTES AND YOUTUBE

you are in calc 2 bc you are in a science program, no other reason, you will encounter shit tenfold harder - incr your gpa now.
>>
>>8307865
Nigger didn't you ever hear the phrase "cheaters never prosper?"
That's especially true in academia because you actually have to learn this shit to learn the harder shit.
>>
>>8307870
Yet the mofo teacher said jack shit on when we use that shit in our fucking lifes, bro.
>>
>>8307921
>the professor has to justify to me personally why this topic is included in my career path
>i am retarded and can't realize that there's probably a reason

are you still in highschool?
>>
>>8307066
>Change of variables for functions of linear functions
Might as well be doing long division
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.